Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thoughts On The State Of Pp?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Tox

Tox
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, hanging out, having a laugh, chilling.
  • Steam ID:ravenger911
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ravenger52
So like since Pure Pwnage is going through the Dark Ages, Jarett does not seem to be giving up on the internet series because he is clearly really unhappy with how Season Two has been left off right now, Joel is defiantly there for him but I guess getting all the actors together is going to be quite a problem but I am really hoping maybe if they got together for a bit to make one great big final episode to end it all at the least for us PP fan's that have been watching it since it came out.

I know if we hear anything on the internet series or movie coming out based around Pure Pwnage I know my 2012 would be complete.

What do you guys think?
So she's like "Go to school" and stuff, and I'm like "I school people all day long" ya know? So I told her I'll take her to school, since she wants to go to school so bad... And she doesn't think that's funny!

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (Tox @ Jan 15 2012, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So like since Pure Pwnage is going through the Dark Ages, Jarett does not seem to be giving up on the internet series because he is clearly really unhappy with how Season Two has been left off right now, Joel is defiantly there for him but I guess getting all the actors together is going to be quite a problem but I am really hoping maybe if they got together for a bit to make one great big final episode to end it all at the least for us PP fan's that have been watching it since it came out.

I know if we hear anything on the internet series or movie coming out based around Pure Pwnage I know my 2012 would be complete.

What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing any more PP in the future to be honest. Things don't look so good. It's always possible but unlikely. Maybe we'll at least get to see that clip they filmed but never released.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Jan 15 2012, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing any more PP in the future to be honest. Things don't look so good. It's always possible but unlikely. Maybe we'll at least get to see that clip they filmed but never released.

Pretty much this.

I'd say there's about a 10% chance of ever seeing any recent PP content ever that isn't that one clip they ever filmed.

It really sucks and obviously none of us wish it were this way-

-but there's just too many things against Jarett and ROFLMAO atm. They've lost two actors (Troy and the guy who played Masterer... Sry don't remember his name icon_sad.gif), there's also at least 1 other actor MIA (Dave) and then there's the obvious drama Geoff + Davin got themselves into.

Edited by CakeCom, 15 January 2012 - 03:09 PM.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
The man you are referencing to Cakecom didnt play masterer; he voiced him. Geoff played the physical character. There was a thread about possibilities of Kyle being the masterer a few months ago; I am pretty sure you and me dispelled all possibility of it being plausible in the thread. Or it might have been Nevermore.

And your estimates are much too high. I suggest you divide them by 100.

Theres no way PP can come back. Everyone is off doing their own thing, and if they havent re-collected by now, they must be happy doing it.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Jan 16 2012, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The man you are referencing to Cakecom didnt play masterer; he voiced him. Geoff played the physical character. There was a thread about possibilities of Kyle being the masterer a few months ago; I am pretty sure you and me dispelled all possibility of it being plausible in the thread. Or it might have been Nevermore.

And your estimates are much too high. I suggest you divide them by 100.

Theres no way PP can come back. Everyone is off doing their own thing, and if they havent re-collected by now, they must be happy doing it.

When I meant he played him I meant he voiced him.

Like, I knew Kyle lol I said Kyle instead of Geoff, byte me played his body or w/e. But I really liked the voice and imo that's what made the character.

You're right, my number's a tad high. I'm going to say the %age is like 4%, that would still be pretty generous. That 4% is basically Jarett + Geoff + Davin making up + bro fisting, Joel Gardiner returning to help from Sitmos, then the rest of the cast magically appearing in front of Jarett in downtown Toronto.

Edited by CakeCom, 16 January 2012 - 02:18 AM.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
lol you guys think just because its not happening today or tomorrow its never happening which then further adds to the conclusion that it's not happening .... icon_neutral.gif

Like you say, if they are off doing things and haven't regrouped, they must be enjoying the opportunities and making the most of what they have going right now kyle2kl.gif

Like I've always said, if the fans continued to be fans instead of lurkers and nay-sayers, there would be a lot more reason to bring the project back to life, if not now, later. pp_smiley4.gif

Besides, gaming industry sucks right now, everyone is a fkn jeremy, not enough people saw the show and were able to learn from it and grow as a person not just a gamer, now we're all stuck dealing with the n00b/tard influx. **Gaming is so rockin' brah, can't wait to post on reddit and reference 4chan then voice chat on my Ps3 while I brag about my BOOM HEADSHOTS LOL IM SO 1337 TOTALLY POWNED U BRO U MAD U JELLY DUN B MAD BRO** brian.png

It's gonna take a team of qualified jeremies to school these n00bs. jeremy_ani.gif

Edited by Nevermore, 16 January 2012 - 04:49 AM.

Tox

Tox
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, hanging out, having a laugh, chilling.
  • Steam ID:ravenger911
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ravenger52
Yeah I support Pure Pwnage in my games. on CS:S I got a FPS Doug spray with Boom! Headshot and him on it and in TF2 I got Jeremy and on the side it says "Team try not to like suck kthx" Occasionally I get a "YEAH PURE PWNAGE!"
So she's like "Go to school" and stuff, and I'm like "I school people all day long" ya know? So I told her I'll take her to school, since she wants to go to school so bad... And she doesn't think that's funny!

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Jan 16 2012, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol you guys think just because its not happening today or tomorrow its never happening which then further adds to the conclusion that it's not happening .... icon_neutral.gif

Like you say, if they are off doing things and haven't regrouped, they must be enjoying the opportunities and making the most of what they have going right now kyle2kl.gif

Like I've always said, if the fans continued to be fans instead of lurkers and nay-sayers, there would be a lot more reason to bring the project back to life, if not now, later. pp_smiley4.gif

Besides, gaming industry sucks right now, everyone is a fkn jeremy, not enough people saw the show and were able to learn from it and grow as a person not just a gamer, now we're all stuck dealing with the n00b/tard influx. **Gaming is so rockin' brah, can't wait to post on reddit and reference 4chan then voice chat on my Ps3 while I brag about my BOOM HEADSHOTS LOL IM SO 1337 TOTALLY POWNED U BRO U MAD U JELLY DUN B MAD BRO** brian.png

It's gonna take a team of qualified jeremies to school these n00bs. jeremy_ani.gif

Honestly calling me a nay-sayer after 6 years of thinking "Oh, they might come back" is kind of wrong. I wish they would come back with my greatest desires but it's honestly more than likely not happening.

In other words.

Yeah, well you just remind me of ghey.

(Also, any PP content would instantly make any and all fans show up almost immediately. Proof of this?
These forums practically died before Project X showed up- they suddenly burst back to life until teh TV show finally died.)
Sry, needed corny reference... still <3 u Nvrmr ;P

Edited by CakeCom, 16 January 2012 - 10:19 AM.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
^^ bro

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,038

did you plan that!? haha

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Jan 16 2012, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^ bro

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,038

did you plan that!? haha

O =(

Was planning on making it an epic post...

I suppose I could wait till 1111... =(

Kind of sadface.jpeg now.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
jeremy_ani.gif 1,337 pp_smiley4.gif

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Jan 16 2012, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jeremy_ani.gif 1,337 pp_smiley4.gif

Yes...

I will plot my attack until then >=3.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Jan 16 2012, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Nevermore @ Jan 16 2012, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nevermore: I like to stay positive and optimistic -- but, as ThrasTitan points out: Everyone is busy with their lives now.

If you look back on what was shared 'back in the day' - even at the height of PP, they were living some distance away, and they were putting in a lot of effort in terms of traveling, developing, and post-production.
It's quite a lot of work to do what they did. Sure, the first few episodes were short as they were trying to work out what to do, and how they'd do it - but beyond that, episodes between 20 & 30 minutes in length.

Given what we know (and understand of the situation -- including the various 'issues', the distance, their life situations), I wouldn't be holding my breath.

If (and when) something does happen -- They won't have to look too hard to find support icon_smile.gif
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (oldSkool @ Jan 18 2012, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nevermore: I like to stay positive and optimistic -- but, as ThrasTitan points out: Everyone is busy with their lives now.

If you look back on what was shared 'back in the day' - even at the height of PP, they were living some distance away, and they were putting in a lot of effort in terms of traveling, developing, and post-production.
It's quite a lot of work to do what they did. Sure, the first few episodes were short as they were trying to work out what to do, and how they'd do it - but beyond that, episodes between 20 & 30 minutes in length.

Given what we know (and understand of the situation -- including the various 'issues', the distance, their life situations), I wouldn't be holding my breath.

If (and when) something does happen -- They won't have to look too hard to find support icon_smile.gif

Duh, people are busy

Why are people telling me why things aren't being done, when I'm not saying they are being done, I'm merely trying to not say OH LOL ITS DONE DELETE UR ACCOUNT GO AWAY. I'm not saying never either etc

I'm still breathing, posting w/e

Everyone keeps saying this 'back in the day' tripe too, stuffs different because we all let it get that way.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Jan 18 2012, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we all let it get that way.

icon_neutral.gif

I dont see it this way at all. I'd say the TV show's cancellation + Geoff & Davin Drama led to "Back then" becoming "Back then".

Xanster82

Xanster82
  • Validating
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Gaming
  • PSN:Corruptedechoes
It is sad to see threads like this... I wish they'd come back to at least finish the series up.

Or better yet, get picked up by another network here in the States or something.

But it'll never happen. Can dream, right?

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • PSN:OC-138
Im pretty much on the 'its not coming back' side, even though i wish it would, if you think realistically about it, its not gonna happen.

So many shows have been cancelled or ended before their time and its sad but there is usually a pretty limited window for a show to get revived and i would say PP is past that window now.

Sad but true.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Actually, now that someone mentioned it-

-the only way to bring it back would be to get the TV series back.

Because technically Joel, Geoff and Jarett are all the easiest to get a hold of. Since you don't need the internet cast for the TV series, it wouldn't be as impossible to get it all going again when compared to the internet show.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jan 22 2012, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, now that someone mentioned it-

-the only way to bring it back would be to get the TV series back.

Because technically Joel, Geoff and Jarett are all the easiest to get a hold of. Since you don't need the internet cast for the TV series, it wouldn't be as impossible to get it all going again when compared to the internet show.

I have to disagree. The hoops you have to go through to get -any- TV show going and picked up by a network are mind boggling, compared o three guys picking up a video camera and filming themselves walking down the street. It'd be a lot easier to get the web series back. But it seems pretty clear that it's not going to happen.

They mentioned a movie to finish off the series. I wonder why nobody ever talks about that possibility? Seems like the best option to me.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Jan 22 2012, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to disagree. The hoops you have to go through to get -any- TV show going and picked up by a network are mind boggling, compared o three guys picking up a video camera and filming themselves walking down the street. It'd be a lot easier to get the web series back. But it seems pretty clear that it's not going to happen.

They mentioned a movie to finish off the series. I wonder why nobody ever talks about that possibility? Seems like the best option to me.

Again, if they were to make a movie or internet episode to finish off the series, they'd have to explain the absence of quite a few characters or they'd have to go rally people who have literally disappeared into places like Africa and Hollywood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users