Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vanillia Wow

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jan 24 2012, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even in like early TBC 50g was a lot for a new player. I remember some guy in my random leveling guild lent me like 40 gold for my first mount and I never payed him back even though I said I would. ROFL

I know >X3
Them memories are so good lol.

Letiger

Letiger
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:BFMV
  • Xbox / GFWL:XBOX SUX
  • PSN:qonquerer
  • Wii:i dont own a wii
I rarely got to play during those times, and even when I did, I didn't get passed level 10. Eventually, I wanted to play vanilla so badly I tried to find a vanilla private server, which I did. It has 2,000 people on during peak times, and I'm enjoying it. The one thing I can say is that Blizzard's built-in quest helped has really spoiled me. A lot.
BOOM HEAD SHOT - FPS DOUG

Stormbringer

Stormbringer
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • xfire:magnus42000
I haven't posted in years since the show was still in its first season... lol. Yeah I sure do miss the old days of WoW. I started about 6 months after the release and I was young (I actually just was in the middle of going to my junior-high graduation ceremony so the memory is held quite dearly to me) From the first time you entered the game, it was just... epic. The music got me so pumped when I first heard that orgrimmar theme. I had no direction at all, I was so noob its hilarious. I was convinced grinding was the way to level back then(but it was not nearly as easy and noob as it is now)you didn't get automatic questing guidance which in my opinion was a better system. Albeit, harder for noobs to understand and get into the game, but making the role playing that is supposed to be in RPGs apparent. Burning Crusade was a great addition to the game, ranked pvp as someone said was awesome. Some balance issues but things can't be perfect. I personally achieved the Duelist title, missing out gladiator by 30 points in S3 and S4 i quit. Then came the decline, WoTLK. What a piece of garbage. Death knights have forever ruined the game, with overpowered abilities that are never-endingly.... op. A mage-warrior class in a game where classes are limited to one class blows balls. Wotlk also made it so any noob could obtain epic gear, with very little effort(glad I didn't play wotlk... at all). Then cataclysm came, it was pretty sweet at first. But then I realized that the pvp was forever broken because of death knights... which led me to quit once again.(I never gave enough effort to get into a good raiding guild) The main thing we all seem to forget here though, is the fact that it was a completely new game. A mystery, which is what always captivates the human mind.

tldr; Game was great, vanilla&TBC, but the downfall was led by the death knight. and wellfare epics. and just an overall too nooby approach to cater to the masses.
IPB Image

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
QUOTE (Stormbringer @ Feb 6 2012, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Game was great, vanilla&TBC, but the downfall was led by the death knight. and wellfare epics. and just an overall too nooby approach to cater to the masses.

Well said.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
  • Steam ID:cc_lyger
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sgt Kaz
  • PSN:Kazaii
World of Scriptcraft

You can still play Vanilla WoW for free.
!~Orky's BF~!
%~Original_Sin's Best Friend~%
^~Byak's nemesis~^
*~The only person who thinks CakeCom is good looking~*
$~Jaylew likes me~$
@~Best Wardrobe October 2012~@
)~Greatest King of Jerusalem all years~(

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Well yeah Private Servers are always a solution

I was a mod for a private server (granted just some PVP, non-vanilla bs) for a long time... one of the bigger ones if I remember correctly. WoWCraft or something similar.

Good times. Good times.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
Private servers are pretty shit.

I'm only interested in this one because it's trying to bring back a pure Vanilla wow experience. Exactly as it was.

Plus no premium + donate + instant epics shit.

Still not interested in playing because Vanilla wow took so much time and I'm not 14 with so much free time anymore.
!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Kazaii @ Feb 15 2012, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Private servers are pretty shit.

When I tried one the thing that most upset me is that some of the game mechanics functioned completely differently. The Mage's blink spell for example shot you in an arc 20 yards in front instead of 'blinking' you forward 20 yards. This made it possible for you to run into shit while you were flying through the air and the time was also longer. wrecked mages on that server.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 15 2012, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I tried one the thing that most upset me is that some of the game mechanics functioned completely differently. The Mage's blink spell for example shot you in an arc 20 yards in front instead of 'blinking' you forward 20 yards. This made it possible for you to run into shit while you were flying through the air and the time was also longer. wrecked mages on that server.

Precisely why I am promoting the one I am. Majority of servers don't even take the time to script the lava damage and breathing damage in the game...

'World of Scriptcraft', apparently, has scripted all game mechanics to function just as Vanilla wow.

This means gameplay itself, encounters, all dungeons, loot, world bosses, BGs, the original honour system... ETC ETC ETC ETC.

It's all there. They also don't give you insta gold that breaks the economy. The only thing that is supposed to be different from the original game is an option to increase leveling speed (it's not as easy as it sounds because they are basing it off of vanilla wow which was ridiculous to level in compared to any following expansion), or to start at level 49 (no gold given, just some greens and all flight paths learned up to that level).

Pretty interesting stuff, I just don't have the time. My other concern is their server stability if it were to reach a high population as they boast.
!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Actually I used to find that doing simple things like hitting other players / npcs with melee attacks was hard enough.

Is this still the case here?

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Kazaii @ Feb 15 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Precisely why I am promoting the one I am. Majority of servers don't even take the time to script the lava damage and breathing damage in the game...

'World of Scriptcraft', apparently, has scripted all game mechanics to function just as Vanilla wow.

This means gameplay itself, encounters, all dungeons, loot, world bosses, BGs, the original honour system... ETC ETC ETC ETC.

It's all there. They also don't give you insta gold that breaks the economy. The only thing that is supposed to be different from the original game is an option to increase leveling speed (it's not as easy as it sounds because they are basing it off of vanilla wow which was ridiculous to level in compared to any following expansion), or to start at level 49 (no gold given, just some greens and all flight paths learned up to that level).

Pretty interesting stuff, I just don't have the time. My other concern is their server stability if it were to reach a high population as they boast.

That is pretty interesting. Do they have any similar servers that go up to the new content/new level caps?
Give me LoL Referals.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 15 2012, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is pretty interesting. Do they have any similar servers that go up to the new content/new level caps?

Nope. But I actually was just referenced this by another friend.

Project Phoenix WoW server

Provides even higher quality Vanilla WoW (up to Naxx) with all the support I mentioned before. There are realms available, instant 60 realm (Al'Akir) and 1x & 12x leveling realm (Warsong). I logged into Warsong after registering my account (20 seconds and completely free) and made a character with no issues. It's funny to see how dated Vanilla WoW is in terms of graphics. It's also funny to see it utilize only 1 core and have terrible optimization yet run so amazing.

They also host a BC server of which I'm unsure of what it includes, but I'd assume it's the same amount of content. I didn't enjoy BC nearly as much as I did Vanilla.

I'm unsure why you would want to play Wrath & or Cataclysm. They're just too current/casual. Perhaps, in the future, Blizzard will take a hint from these servers (which they have noticed) and host realms that provide Vanilla, BC, Wrath, Cataclysm and whatever other previous expansions there will be at the time. I can only hope it's free to play, however.
!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Kazaii @ Feb 16 2012, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm unsure why you would want to play Wrath & or Cataclysm. They're just too current/casual. Perhaps, in the future, Blizzard will take a hint from these servers (which they have noticed) and host realms that provide Vanilla, BC, Wrath, Cataclysm and whatever other previous expansions there will be at the time. I can only hope it's free to play, however.

Mostly because I haven't tried any high high level content. I'd probably pvp a couple times and uninstall. Mostly I was just curious.
Give me LoL Referals.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
My encounter with WoW was TBC and Wrath.
I don't know what most people think, but I liked TBC, and pretty much hated Wrath. It was so fucking boring, everyones armor looked like rusted viking shit. Quit before Cataclysm came out, never looking back.
Though the Panda shit has interested me a bit, but never in my life will I have time to play an MMO again.
Did I just post like Cakecom.....? Spoilering things that don't really need spoilering... hmm.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 19 February 2012 - 05:20 AM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Feb 19 2012, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My encounter with WoW was TBC and Wrath.
I don't know what most people think, but I liked TBC, and pretty much hated Wrath. It was so fucking boring, everyones armor looked like rusted viking shit. Quit before Cataclysm came out, never looking back.
Though the Panda shit has interested me a bit, but never in my life will I have time to play an MMO again.
Did I just post like Cakecom.....? Spoilering things that don't really need spoilering... hmm.

If you wanna be a Panda, play Tera online when it releases in the west.

Vanilla > TBC > Wrath > Cata

lol. The game just got shittier and shittier.

TBC was a decent game it was just too PvP focused for me.

Killed 40 man raids
Made everyone able to wear similar gear
PvP gear and the introduction of Resilience
Gear looked utterly retarded

TBC didn't really get good until half way through when PvE picked up. I didn't really play enough at that time tho. Vanilla WoW will always be Blizzard's best effort because they made the effort. Cata was Blizzard admitting that but still appealing to it's now casual fanbase.

World PvP also declined and flying mounts were neat at first and gay by the end.

Edited by Kazaii, 19 February 2012 - 06:24 PM.

!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
I liked TBC precicley cause of the PVP. I was really into arena and BG's. PVE and lore the way it's presented in the game is ridiculously bad. It was a good contrast from the game I had came from, FFXI. FFXI as you could guess is 98% PvE. It was fun to gank people. It was fun to beat all the shitty players in BG/arena.

I would never play the Panda race. Any MMO I play, I pick one character and stick with it, never making an alt.
As gay as it may sound, I'm more interested in scenery/music/bosses and shit of the expansion. Not nearly enough for me to actually get it, it's just I like that tranquil green bamboo forest shit (if that's what it will even be like..)

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 20 February 2012 - 02:32 AM.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Feb 20 2012, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PVE and lore the way it's presented in the game is ridiculously bad. It was a good contrast from the game I had came from, FFXI. FFXI as you could guess is 98% PvE.

!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
Oh now I mad
!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I don't always spoiler things but when I do it usually makes no sense.

Also I like how noone answered my question. Whenever I've played in private servers, there were very simple mechanics like melee combat and pets that had HUGE problems (hit detection, pets disappearing, class quests not working properly, etc. etc.). Are these addressed in this super awesome Vanilla Private Server?

Edited by CakeCom, 25 February 2012 - 08:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users