Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Janitors + Other Ramblings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ May 7 2012, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not going to melt my brain trying to explain anything to you, I'm wasting my time even replying to you right now.

Pic removed. Nothing to do with space janitors. -Bya

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 07 May 2012 - 11:14 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 7 2012, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pic removed. Nothing to do with space janitors. -Bya

It was in response to his obnoxious response icon_sad.gif.

QuinoaKale

QuinoaKale
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • xfire:steam: quinoak
  • Xbox / GFWL:Quinoak
This Space Janitors thing is hilarious. I don't even like sci-fi, not even slightly. I've seen maybe 10 percent of the whole 'Star Wars' thing, and a handful of Star Trek episodes. I couldn't give less of a fuck about popular science fiction. It's okay if people have their own personal problems to overcome by very publically disliking Space Janitors on an internet forum, but ultimately, it's not only a funny show, it's an impressively produced Canadian internet show, that lots of people enjoy. People will try to deny these facts, but they are still facts, and eventually they will get over it, and either stop caring so much, or forget about things altogether.
QUOTE (Geoff Lapaire @ Apr 12 2011, 03:30 PM)
It's best not to take things too seriously, especially on the Internet!

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Moved PAGES of flaming to crap. Please don't do that here..-Bya

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,593 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
QUOTE (QuinoaKale @ May 10 2012, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This Space Janitors thing is hilarious. I don't even like sci-fi, not even slightly. I've seen maybe 10 percent of the whole 'Star Wars' thing, and a handful of Star Trek episodes. I couldn't give less of a fuck about popular science fiction. It's okay if people have their own personal problems to overcome by very publically disliking Space Janitors on an internet forum, but ultimately, it's not only a funny show, it's an impressively produced Canadian internet show, that lots of people enjoy. People will try to deny these facts, but they are still facts, and eventually they will get over it, and either stop caring so much, or forget about things altogether.

Uuhhh...glad you like it bro... icon_rolleyes.gif
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

QuinoaKale

QuinoaKale
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • xfire:steam: quinoak
  • Xbox / GFWL:Quinoak
QUOTE (The B.I.V. @ May 11 2012, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for validating my observations.
QUOTE (Geoff Lapaire @ Apr 12 2011, 03:30 PM)
It's best not to take things too seriously, especially on the Internet!

OC-138

OC-138
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • PSN:OC-138
QUOTE (The B.I.V. @ May 12 2012, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look out man, don't say anything about Space Janitors or anything, Nevermore will have a go at you about it...

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
QUOTE (OC-138 @ May 11 2012, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look out man, don't say anything about Space Janitors or anything, Nevermore will have a go at you about it...

lol.
Please though. If you must flame, I made a thread in crap just for you guys.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Come on man.. -Bya

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 12 May 2012 - 06:43 AM.

Wolfenbarg

Wolfenbarg
  • Members
  • 44 posts
QUOTE (QuinoaKale @ May 10 2012, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about lots of people enjoying it. The first episode had buzz and the second seemed to carry that on, but the comments have fallen off a cliff. That isn't always a sign of a drop in viewership, but compared to the Escapist's old narrative shows, it's way lower than it should be.

Wolfenbarg

Wolfenbarg
  • Members
  • 44 posts
The newest episode is actually pretty good. If that had been episode 2, I'd have been a lot more interested. As it's going now, not many people seem to care about Space Janitors on the Escapist at the moment. It'd kind of be a shame for it to be cancelled just as it starts getting good.

EDIT: Double post... my bad.

Edited by Wolfenbarg, 01 June 2012 - 05:35 PM.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (Wolfenbarg @ Jun 2 2012, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The newest episode is actually pretty good. If that had been episode 2, I'd have been a lot more interested.

I thought the same. Every show takes time to find its rhythm icon_smile.gif
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,593 posts
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
Nah, Video Game High School had it pretty much from the start...
sigs SUCK!

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The B.I.V. @ Jun 5 2012, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, Video Game High School had it pretty much from the start...

Pretty much this.

They were much more organized.

But you can tell they also had a much higher budget and much better equipment to work with.

That doesn't excuse some of the poor writing in Space Janitors though.
Not to say every aspect of Space Janitors is horrible. But in every episode thus far there have been parts I've personally wanted to skip due to length / dragging on of something.

Edited by CakeCom, 05 June 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Flukie Lukie

Flukie Lukie
  • Members
  • 212 posts
  • xfire:flukielukie
  • Xbox / GFWL:Fluk13 Luk13
Doesn't seem like Space Janitors is doing well.. I feel bad for wanting it to fail so they could go back to Pure Pwnage... but something tells me it doesn't matter if it fails or not.

http://www.escapistm.../5939-Episode-6

Look at the amount of comments. I know its not a website where stuff is easily shared like YouTube but it doesn't seem like its doing well, especially in comparison to Pure Pwnage, and the budget for this is way higher.
Best of luck to the guys involved in this but hey, anyone who still cares about this show, thoughts? How has the season gone, I haven't watched it due to lack of interest.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
I have nothing to say really. I only watch the first episode, maybe 2nd, no interest to watch the rest. I just skimmed through it and it looks like a bunch of star wars references.. which I'm sure some people love.
Good luck to that project regardless..

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Flukie Lukie @ Jun 26 2012, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't seem like Space Janitors is doing well.. I feel bad for wanting it to fail so they could go back to Pure Pwnage... but something tells me it doesn't matter if it fails or not.

http://www.escapistm.../5939-Episode-6

Look at the amount of comments. I know its not a website where stuff is easily shared like YouTube but it doesn't seem like its doing well, especially in comparison to Pure Pwnage, and the budget for this is way higher.
Best of luck to the guys involved in this but hey, anyone who still cares about this show, thoughts? How has the season gone, I haven't watched it due to lack of interest.

For the most part thats a normal comment count for a video on the escapist. Unless its controversial or Yahtzee.

And for the most part all of those comments are positive...
Seriously look at all the people shouting it with praise...
http://www.escapistm...itors-Episode-6

Edited by liquidicevi, 27 June 2012 - 08:19 AM.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Jun 26 2012, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have nothing to say really. I only watch the first episode, maybe 2nd, no interest to watch the rest. I just skimmed through it and it looks like a bunch of star wars references.. which I'm sure some people love.
Good luck to that project regardless..

perty mooch all dis

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,593 posts
Oh, yeah! I'd totally forgotten about this. Well, I mean, not about the show but the fact that they were still putting out eps...so, yeah I went back and watched 3-6. As usual funny bits but ultimately unfulfilling. Not only that but it's becoming really formulaic. I mean, it's the same thing every time. Darby almost gets something right but then screws it up in the end and he's back to being a lame space janitor. It's like Gilligan's Island. Hmm...I wonder how they're gonna try and get off the island this time. Only you know they're gonna fail every time because then there wouldn't be a show anymore. It's fine for wasting time, but I'd rather watch something with more of a narrative that makes me wanna come back so I get the next installment of the story...in short, not my thing, but whatevs...
sigs SUCK!

Wolfenbarg

Wolfenbarg
  • Members
  • 44 posts
QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Jun 27 2012, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the most part thats a normal comment count for a video on the escapist. Unless its controversial or Yahtzee.

And for the most part all of those comments are positive...
Seriously look at all the people shouting it with praise...
http://www.escapistm...itors-Episode-6

I don't know about that. If you look at The Escapist's previous narrative series and the number of comments they get, Space Janitors ranks pretty low. Usually something that people are more interested in like Doomsday Arcade or Doraleous and Associates would get a lot of comments, while something that's bombing like Tales from the Table or A Good Knight's Quest gets very few. The new layout deters people from viewing featured video content more than the old layout did, but that can't factor for the huge lack of interest in this show. The praise isn't much to go on either, there were people praising Game Dogs, which remains as probably the worst video feature the Escapist ever hosted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users