1. DF-85 Full ATX case
- This is actually the first and only solid piece I own. Wanted to go with a nice, big case with good air flow and nice styling.
2. ASUS mobo
- Chose this motherboard because of the reviews, CPU type, and SLI capability. Has a lot of USB ports and good upgrade capability.
3. Intel Core i5 3.3 GHZ Quad Core Processor
- Had AMD with my last build and decided to go with Intel this time. Figured 3.3 is more than enough for gaming.
4. GSKILL 16gig Memory
- Planning on Upgrading to 32 gigs later on.
5. GTX 580
- NVIDIA is just personal taste. Plan on doing an SLI build after this one is up and running.
6. Samsung 12X BluRay Player
- Got a nice HD Graphics card and a 37" monitor. Why the hell not?
7. ASUS 12x DVD Burner
- Going to get two of these for more drives and because they're pretty cheap.
8. VelociRaptor 300g 10k rpm HDD
- Never had a 10k rpm HDD before, so let me know if this is a good buy
9. Corsair 750w PSU]
- Weiman actually recommended this one for my last build so I'm going to bring that one over.
10. Windows 7 Premium Home Edition x64 OEM
- Don't think I have to link this one.
This is essentially it, besides maybe some cooling replacement for the CPU, thermal paste, and a fan for the case window. I'm almost positive that everything is compatible as far as the mobo/ram/cpu goes, but that is the hardest part for me. Tell me what you guys think!
Forgot to add that I will be getting an SSD as well, but I'm not too familiar with these. So if you guys could recommend me one, that would be awesome.
Edited by Sev Rith, 29 December 2011 - 06:19 AM.