Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can My Rig Run Saints Row: The Third On High?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jan 3 2012, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm amazed at how well he is able to imitate my style of posting across all the boards. He captures my ability to disregard absolutely everything so well, and even manages to replicate my trademark of editing posts to suit myself.

Stay safe, filthy console pirate.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Jan 3 2012, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stay safe, filthy console pirate.

mfw large percentage of thread agreed with pirating tactics

Edited by CakeCom, 03 January 2012 - 07:37 AM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Jan 3 2012, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. The issues seem to affect you, and the other person who has "bad luck" with Bethesda games is Joel. He has said he is not one to upgrade his rig often.

I get the feeling you arent either. 5750 is not a shit teir card. Its some serious power; while not pwning any bench marks, it isnt weak.

The issue is not "luck". Its you and your hardware.

Theres a reason why Skyrim looks amazing on max. Its not meant for plebs. Thats why the console version exists.

Dude you are a total retard. There are FACTUALLY game breaking issues in almost every Bathesda game for a huge number of people. Their games are notoriously buggy regardless of hardware. To say otherwise just makes you look like an absolute idiot. Even people that think Bathesda is one of the best developers know this, of which I am one.

I also rarely buy single player games. Assassin's creed hasn't been solely single player since the first one, and it's multiplayer is actually good, whether or not you like to think so. NWN was NEVER a single player game, I don't know why you even brought it up.

I rarely buy single player only games because almost none of them have enough content to justify their price. In terms of movies, a 2-3 hour movie costs me $7-10. A game needs more than 10-15 hours of content for me to buy it. Very few single player games have this. Some do, and I applaud them and often buy them. Even more do not have this, so I rent them on console, or wait until they are $2 on steam.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jan 4 2012, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NWN was NEVER a single player game, I don't know why you even brought it up.

Aww I dunno. I think it might be for the 150+ hour single player campaign. That uhh..seems pretty fucking significant.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Jan 3 2012, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww I dunno. I think it might be for the 150+ hour single player campaign. That uhh..seems pretty fucking significant.

You can play the entire campaign in multiplayer as well as tons of options for building your own campaign/arena in multiplayer, PVP multiplayer, and user generated content, which is very often able to be played through in multiplayer. Just because you played it alone doesn't make it a single player only game.
Give me LoL Referals.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
The onslaught of text that went on since I forgot to check this thread.......

I have had no issues with my Bethesda games since I bought them. Not a single glitch that so many people complained about ever happened to me.

I will be getting skyrim right after I tear apart all of the new games I just bought. I guess owning the games I play makes it better. In steam I trust.

Remember pirated copies don't have the full steam support. Downloading pirated update files are just the same. I think that because you get the pirated version some things do not function properly on purpose.

So stop pirating games and maybe we can get them a better QA team.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jan 3 2012, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The onslaught of text that went on since I forgot to check this thread.......

I have had no issues with my Bethesda games since I bought them. Not a single glitch that so many people complained about ever happened to me.

I will be getting skyrim right after I tear apart all of the new games I just bought. I guess owning the games I play makes it better. In steam I trust.

Remember pirated copies don't have the full steam support. Downloading pirated update files are just the same. I think that because you get the pirated version some things do not function properly on purpose.

So stop pirating games and maybe we can get them a better QA team.

K so I'm fairly certain Con-Sept's either just trolling at this point or even more arrogant than I am. When someone's telling me they've had no problems with the games therefore we're all imagining it Despite entire world having issues with the games + when meanwhile I've confirmed that I've paid for and gotten pretty far on the Xbox (only to run into problems), paid for Oblivion PC (then ran into problems), paid for NV on 360, Paid for 3 on 360, etc. .

MFW Thrash is actually trying to argue that Bethesda's games are perfect = lmfao

Also, Way2 pretty much has it down.
Again, I'm a huge fan of Bethesda games. They put a TON of effort into their games, they make their campaigns last dozens of hours (with actual content rather than just constant padding like an MMO or Final Fantasy game might do Just bashed FF games, cum @ me) but the ONE thing they don't seem to do is make sure their games work on all platforms properly. Which is something that's hard to take care of with time restraints + fans up your ass + only using 1 engine for 50 years. Still, it's been like 6 games in a row now =/.

*Quick Edit*
As (I think Way2) said before, I think their games are definitely worth buying.

But when I buy a game, I expect it to work until (at the very least) I beat the main storyline. When I crash multiple times (+ even end up with a corrupted file) before then, I find it as a serious issue.

Edited by CakeCom, 04 January 2012 - 02:23 AM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
You want to know why "the world" has problems running the game on PC? Because they are constantly trying to UP IT TO THE FUCKING MAX!

That's why.

I don't tweak my video settings.
I don't overclock my CPU.
I don't overload my rig with 16 gigs of ram.

I simply hit "Install"

and then....

I hit "Play."

Oh... here is SKYRIM on low settings:

Maybe the reason why most of these players are experiencing such MASSIVE issues is because they are trying to KILL their rigs..... My friend X_Infinity_Zero has a new computer set up like every six months. I have seen all 7 of his new rigs since I've met him back in 07.

As for consoles... I don't own one anymore. So I really don't care.

All of my experiences are set from the get go because... I don't know... Maybe QA thought ahead to check your fucking rig before you played it to make sure it would run at the best performance and quality level.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jan 4 2012, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You want to know why "the world" has problems running the game on PC? Because they are constantly trying to UP IT TO THE FUCKING MAX!

That's why.

I don't tweak my video settings.
I don't overclock my CPU.
I don't overload my rig with 16 gigs of ram.

I simply hit "Install"

and then....

I hit "Play."

Oh... here is SKYRIM on low settings:

Maybe the reason why most of these players are experiencing such MASSIVE issues is because they are trying to KILL their rigs..... My friend X_Infinity_Zero has a new computer set up like every six months. I have seen all 7 of his new rigs since I've met him back in 07.

As for consoles... I don't own one anymore. So I really don't care.

All of my experiences are set from the get go because... I don't know... Maybe QA thought ahead to check your fucking rig before you played it to make sure it would run at the best performance and quality level.

Yeah lol, 'texture issues' ? stop overheating your gpu lol

I've experienced plenty of bugs in games over the years and I always put it down to a) my shitty pc or B) my shitty un-patched pirated version

RED FONT DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jan 4 2012, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's why.

No it's not. Their games are notoriously buggy. It has very little to do with hardware. To say otherwise makes me seriously question whether you have ever played a bathesda game for more than 30 minutes.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jan 4 2012, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No it's not. Their games are notoriously buggy. It has very little to do with hardware. To say otherwise makes me seriously question whether you have ever played a bathesda game for more than 30 minutes.

Fucking seriously.

Like, I honestly can't believe what I'm reading from this guy. It's actually one of the few posts I've seen on these forums to actually make me physically angry.

Like, this is like Spiri7 telling me that Call of Duty games have never had autoaim on console Not that he ever did, just an example of how incredibly fucked up this conversation is.

*Edit* Entire post talking about Con-sept btw.

Edited by CakeCom, 05 January 2012 - 01:37 AM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
@Thrash

I've decided to officially state here that I don't hate you because technically you stuck around here longer than most of the crapfags and I also remembered the awesome gift you gave me- for some reason I remembered it as being from someone else. I owe you an apology there.

So congratulations, I no longer think of you as I did yesterday. Take that as what you will.

Be that as it may, Bethesda does have problems and the entire rejection of it is so ridiculous that I'm actually going to stop posting in this one. Not certain if people are trolling or just retarded, either way I'm gtfo now.

Edited by CakeCom, 06 January 2012 - 02:32 PM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jan 4 2012, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a picture for you:

I, myself, have had NO issues playing this game. The only "bug" or "glitch" I witnessed was a door that was open required you to have a lockpick skill of 100.... to close it..... Here's the pic for proof.

Clicky.

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 05 January 2012 - 08:23 AM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jan 5 2012, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I, myself, have had NO issues playing this game. The only "bug" or "glitch" I witnessed was a door that was open required you to have a lockpick skill of 100.... to close it..... Here's the pic for proof.

Well then your lucky. For the rest of us who've fallen through the earth, randomly died, run into impossible to complete quests, or had corrupted save files Bathesda games are universally buggy.

edit: none of these would be caused by hardware except for maybe the corrupted save files, but even that is an edge case that would mean a fuckup in some way on the developer's part.

Edited by way2lazy2care, 05 January 2012 - 01:13 PM.

Give me LoL Referals.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I wish I could have experienced some of those glitches mentioned myself. I love glitches too but like I said. I never had a problem with them. However I did fuck up once when I told ed e and Cassidy to stay at the vault entrance for Mr house inside of the enemy camp... I forgot to tell them to follow me before I completed that part of the quest... After of which I found out they were locked inside for ever and I could not reset their values through the console. But I did save it before hand so I could go back and switch sides so it wasn't that bad. But that's it....

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jan 6 2012, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish I could have experienced some of those glitches mentioned myself. I love glitches too but like I said. I never had a problem with them. However I did fuck up once when I told ed e and Cassidy to stay at the vault entrance for Mr house inside of the enemy camp... I forgot to tell them to follow me before I completed that part of the quest... After of which I found out they were locked inside for ever and I could not reset their values through the console. But I did save it before hand so I could go back and switch sides so it wasn't that bad. But that's it....

I got stuck in a mean Grim Fandango quest hole once icon_sad.gif

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I wish I could have at least experienced this one:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users