Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why Doesn't Pp Form A Contract With Machinima?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Tankyroo

Tankyroo
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Think about it, they must know how many people want the show back, and how well it would do if they did bring it back to the web, without having to comply with the television rules.

Machinima would be the perfect place to do it, they are one of the most subscribed channels on YouTube, there wouldn't be a region lock, and there are already web series' that do well on there.

Have people already discussed this and it has been thrown out? It's not like they would do it for free, Machinima pays (I don't know how much, all I know is that they do.)

If anyone thinks this is a good idea and has contact with either Machinima employees or someone from PP, please pass it along, I would love to see this show back, and I know many more people would like it as well.

For all we know there are people from Machinima that used to watch the show.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Cause Geoff gave up on the whole thing.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
Yeah, money aint a problem. They just couldn't agree on some things.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Dec 13 2011, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cause Geoff gave up on the whole thing.

Pretty much this.

isn't there like an underlined, bolded, arrow pointing at the sticky that explains that it didn't have anything to do with $?

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
Why would they bring it back when the only people here piss and moan about every little thing the show does and crap on about how shitty the forum is then try split off and make some other clusterfuck of a forum and keep coming back to tell everyone to join.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 13 2011, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would they bring it back when the only people here piss and moan about every little thing the show does and crap on about how shitty the forum is then try split off and make some other clusterfuck of a forum and keep coming back to tell everyone to join.

OnlyPersonThatKnowsWhat'sGoingOn.Jpeg

Edited by CakeCom, 13 December 2011 - 09:54 PM.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Dec 13 2011, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OnlyPersonThatKnowsWhat'sGoingOn.Jpeg

Haha.

But in all seriousness this has been suggested before, sort of. People have been suggesting they become YouTube partners.

But alas, money was not the issue. As fans we don't really know the full story but it would seem there's internal disagreement with the PP staff, and it looks like they're basically ready to move on.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
This has been suggested in its entirety before. People need to realize that money isnt an issue, never was an issue, and will continue to not be an issue.

A contract would be a bad idea anyway. The crew didnt much like the dead lines associated with creating the TV series; that was a different medium, so they accepted it. They have never done TV before, so it was less of an issue.

Could you imagine if PP was released weekly? The series would have been over (going off the current number of eps) in no way would it have been as popular as it is now if the entire thing was over and done with in under 6 months.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Dec 14 2011, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you imagine if PP was released weekly? The series would have been over (going off the current number of eps) in no way would it have been as popular as it is now if the entire thing was over and done with in under 6 months.

Y'know

I don't mean to step on any toes, but I highly doubt it took them the entire 6 months to film (or even create) these episodes. I understand if they had problems getting equipment, getting a hold of people at times, organizing things without effecting peoples' lives, etc.

But I mean, if they were in a perfect situation I'd assume the most it'd take them to film any of these episodes is like 3-4 weeks, + editing time (which can also be a pretty reasonable amount of time, let's say in the perfect situation another 3-4 weeks).

But I agree, PP definitely could never work as a weekly show on Machinima. It'd just end up forced, rushed and synthetic, like the TV show. BUT that doesn't mean that PP Vlogs or something similar couldn't work on a weekly basis.

I still think solo vlogs with PP characters would work perfectly for something like this as it'd be quick, wouldn't require most of the cast, COULD be funny and would at least be SOME sort of content that we could all appreciate. If Jarret + Joel really wanted to get something done, that'd be one of the easiest things for them. Fuck they could just use webcams and have them talking about fictional "war stories" (video game style). I can imagine it now, Jeremy just going on about how he 10 poold some greasy terran mothafucka and when he thought he might have actually lost to the noob, he pulled through with mothafuckin baneling infestors and blew shit up. Terran noob raged.

He could even have like cameos from other PP members, similar to how they edit in cameos on thatguywiththeglasses.com (they sort of record them talking at home and just make the clips work together with proper editing + them acting as though they were really talkin in RL).

*Edit* Omg or another "war story" could be FPS Doug going on about how he decided to try Modern Warfare 3, and had all these kids telling him they were gonna reck him in quick noscopes. Then they can show a clip of him killing their entire shitty clan within seconds.

Edited by CakeCom, 14 December 2011 - 07:34 PM.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
Dude I think they know exactly what you're talking about. Go back to my point, why would they bother when the only people that will see it are cry babies that seem to think they know everything about making TV shows and how web series should be made.

If you think you have such great ideas, create a new character of yourself and start spitting out youtube videos left and right, see how much of a fan base you can spin. If they can do it (and don't see the point anymore) why don't you?

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 14 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why don't you?

I'm more the director type, not so much the acting.

If I had actors (+ the amazing fanbase they once had) I probably would

Also, their ENTIRE fanbase wasn't premature assholes. There was really just a few. And there's always a few people who complain about shit for no reason.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
Ok so get your ideas down and find someone that can act, if you're the director type, pull your finger out and make it happen.

You don't need a fanbase to make something out of nothing.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 14 2011, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't need a fanbase to make something out of nothing.

For what I'm talking about you would.

People look at PP characters and recognize them, therefore having a Vlog style show would be interesting to them (as they might actually care about what they have to say)

If you take random people and try to make something like that, you just have a vlog. it's not special, it's just another vlog. It might work, but it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about PP content, not just some Vlog.

Besides, I'm contributing an actually plausible idea for them to continue creating content. The only other idea I've seen is "Get Geoff + Davin to make up with Jarret and find other actors"

And that isn't happening, not now and (unfortunately) more than likely not ever now. The other actors have moved on. Jarret + Joel got families (I think, don't quote me) and live on opposite sides of Canada which would make organizing any filming very difficult anyways. This way, they have something quick, efficient, and very easy to film at any time. All they'd have to do is write up a 2-5 minute script and talk in front of a webcam.

But yeah, sorry for suggesting an idea, forgot you couldn't do that on the internet icon_neutral.gif

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Dec 15 2011, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For what I'm talking about you would.

People look at PP characters and recognize them, therefore having a Vlog style show would be interesting to them (as they might actually care about what they have to say)

If you take random people and try to make something like that, you just have a vlog. it's not special, it's just another vlog. It might work, but it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about PP content, not just some Vlog.

Besides, I'm contributing an actually plausible idea for them to continue creating content. The only other idea I've seen is "Get Geoff + Davin to make up with Jarret and find other actors"

And that isn't happening, not now and (unfortunately) more than likely not ever now. The other actors have moved on. Jarret + Joel got families (I think, don't quote me) and live on opposite sides of Canada which would make organizing any filming very difficult anyways. This way, they have something quick, efficient, and very easy to film at any time. All they'd have to do is write up a 2-5 minute script and talk in front of a webcam.

But yeah, sorry for suggesting an idea, forgot you couldn't do that on the internet icon_neutral.gif

Dude face it, you're idea is NOTHING NEW stop talking about it like it's something amazing that nobody has thought of before.

Your idea is basically the entire premise of the beginning of Pp ..

The point is, why would they create for a community that doesn't care while wanting absolute perfection and 100% commitment, I know I wouldn't waste my time.

Seriously, if your Vlog idea is so amazing and fantastic, make a character and start making them, what is stopping you? You don't NEED a fanbase, you don't NEED old characters, Pp needs something NEW.

Everyone keeps talking about this like the crew owe them a damn, honestly, if they don't wanna do it, let them not do it, by pissing & moaning and constantly begging for more of the same old content they are just going to start churning out some lame content just to keep you all quiet, which you would all then complain about for being so lame and forced.

If you don't like the lack of content, CREATE SOME, I know I am.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 14 2011, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like the crew owe them a damn, honestly, if they don't wanna do it, let them not do it,

Ah-

Jarret + Joel do want to at least cap off the series if not continue to work on content.

This is who the idea's for-

-the fans don't technically deserve anything, but they'd still enjoy some content.

But I'm interested to see what you come up with (may already have, I watch so much stuff on the internet it's hard to keep track >.<')

Edited by CakeCom, 15 December 2011 - 03:19 AM.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Dec 15 2011, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah-

Jarret + Joel do want to at least cap off the series if not continue to work on content.

This is who the idea's for-

-the fans don't technically deserve anything, but they'd still enjoy some content.

But I'm interested to see what you come up with (may already have, I watch so much stuff on the internet it's hard to keep track >.<')

Honestly mate the way I see it, if we keep crapping on about wrapping up the series that's all there ever will be relating to Pp, one final crappy ep that tries and fails to explain why and what happened, it will be done, gone, never to be heard of again.

Leave it hanging, like it already is.. theres a chance things can change in the future, new ideas, fresh content, re-boot that shit.

Forcing a final episode after such a huge gap is foolish.

Edited by Nevermore, 15 December 2011 - 03:29 AM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 15 2011, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly mate the way I see it, if we keep crapping on about wrapping up the series that's all there ever will be relating to Pp, one final crappy ep that tries and fails to explain why and what happened, it will be done, gone, never to be heard of again.

Leave it hanging, like it already is.. theres a chance things can change in the future, new ideas, fresh content, re-boot that shit.

Probably

But again, it's not 100% much wish as much as it's more Jarret + Joel's

I really just want to see some content- which you're completely right, they don't owe it to us at all.

But it would be nice and the reason I thought my idea might be a good idea was the video Jarret made before casting SC2 for charity (that one time). I thought it was really entertaining and I remember the general reactions were pretty positive.

The one where he basically made a Vlog style video as himself.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Dec 15 2011, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably

But again, it's not 100% much wish as much as it's more Jarret + Joel's

I really just want to see some content- which you're completely right, they don't owe it to us at all.

But it would be nice and the reason I thought my idea might be a good idea was the video Jarret made before casting SC2 for charity (that one time). I thought it was really entertaining and I remember the general reactions were pretty positive.

The one where he basically made a Vlog style video as himself.

Yeah, so let's roll with your idea, but not include the Pp cast, include the Pp forum members, because really .. aren't they the true pwnerers?

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 15 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fucking a. Before I found the forums I thought EP 18 was the end. It seemed like a fine ending; everything was how it was in the beginning.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 15 2011, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aren't they the true pwnerers?

The ones who constantly whined about no content, shunned one of the writers of the show (I'm talking about Geoff), split the community in half, talked shit about the TV show (there is a difference between a critical response and just spouting shit, don't think some people realized this) and created a mockery of their situation were definitely the true pwnerers.

Not that I'm totally innocent of any of this.

But there aren't many people that can say they were.

Edited by CakeCom, 15 December 2011 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users