Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unidentified Network Outside My Room

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
So I've been using this WRT320N router for over a year now, swapped to DD-WRT and swapped back (don't ask) and recently, apparently whoever connects to my network outside my room ends up getting the "unidentified network" problem.

Honestly I have no idea what's going on. I tried the derp stuff already (restarted router, swapped passwords, hard reset, etc) and still no solution lately.
I don't recall adding anything that does hamper the network connection outside my room though.

Any way to fix this w/o buying those powerline things? I doubt they will solve this problem :|

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
QUOTE (ACG137 @ Nov 22 2011, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I've been using this WRT320N router for over a year now, swapped to DD-WRT and swapped back (don't ask) and recently, apparently whoever connects to my network outside my room ends up getting the "unidentified network" problem.

So if you connect from outside your room you get unidentified network and if someone else connects inside your room it works fine?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (ACG137 @ Nov 23 2011, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What OS they running?
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
I tried running it directly outside my room and it works fine - i go near their room though and the problem starts to show up

All computers here are on windows 7 icon_smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)