Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question For Game Devs / Programmers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
So here's a question I've been thinking about asking someone who's in (or getting in) the field of game development / design.

Does anyone know how big a difference there is in the amount of things you learn between college courses and uni courses?

Because it's starting to look as though university is out of the question (if I want to get into this field) but I could always go to college with all of my requirements met.

The thing is, I don't know whether going to college for this would get me a job at all if everyone else is going to Univeristy and getting 5x the amount of knowledge as me.

I'm also kind of thinking between game development / game design itself, but that's not too big a decision for me- I'm terrible at art currently and unless they inject you with artistic talent I doubt that will change... but I do like the idea of designing things (like levels, story, etc.) so I would LIKE doing that.

(I've also got other fields in mind, mind you. This is just one I'd really like to work in.)

Edited by CakeCom, 03 November 2011 - 04:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users