Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlefield 3 Vs. Modern Warfare 3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

stiggybird

stiggybird
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • xfire:xtra fire
  • Interests:xbox, biking, FPS, pure pwnage show, good game
  • Steam ID:teh_gumby
  • Xbox / GFWL:gumby123
  • PSN:Piece of shit v3.0
  • Wii:wii is in space
Which one do you prefer in terms of price and gameplay?

Edited by stiggybird, 01 November 2011 - 05:12 PM.

Stiggybird

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I'm liking MW3, feels exactly like past 3 games and I couldn't ask for any different.

O wait.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

K first off? Modern Warfare 3 isn't even out yet hahaha... but needless to say? Call of Duty is shit. All the same boring shit... and they charge people monthly for Call of Duty Elite. Fuck off...

Battlefield 3? Very different feel and play and the game's graphics are perfect. Comes with Battlelog which is EXACTLY what COD Elite is BUT IT'S FREE! Why the FUCK should anyone have to pay money for COD Elite when it's mainly just a Facebook application? fuck is that stupid... so yeah definitely my vote is Battlefield 3. It's just so good. icon_smile.gif

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts
  • Steam ID:sfkingalpha
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:9000
CoD has targeted and captured the idiot audience well, so they can get away with charging people to be "elite." I'm sure some people even feel like they're better players cause they pay for that. How much is it?

When it comes down to gameplay though, BF3 really is different than the FPS's I remember.. like CS. I dunno if it's crazy to say it has a party game feel to it, and not really so much of a strategic shooter. Too much crazy stuff going on for it to be that way.

It would super interesting to see 2 clans of 64 players each with organized squads to battle it out though... Sounds nearly impossible to organize.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxizle1
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 1 2011, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CoD has targeted and captured the idiot audience well, so they can get away with charging people to be "elite." I'm sure some people even feel like they're better players cause they pay for that. How much is it?

When it comes down to gameplay though, BF3 really is different than the FPS's I remember.. like CS. I dunno if it's crazy to say it has a party game feel to it, and not really so much of a strategic shooter. Too much crazy stuff going on for it to be that way.

It would super interesting to see 2 clans of 64 players each with organized squads to battle it out though... Sounds nearly impossible to organize.

Especially considering the limit is 64 players. But still, yeah, it could be done with some modding, would be great to watch how things turn out.

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Nov 1 2011, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

K first off? Modern Warfare 3 isn't even out yet hahaha... but needless to say? Call of Duty is shit. All the same boring shit... and they charge people monthly for Call of Duty Elite. Fuck off...

Haha I was just joking ;P

Call of Duty is pretty shit- and Elite is pretty BS EXCEPT for the DLC.

See now what they should have done is, just made it so you can pre-purchase DLC packs for cheaper on their site. Then they wouldn't have had to charge people for key features that Battlefield 3's Battlelog has.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts
I can't even imagine paying for a SINGLE thing on battlelog. It's the bare bones fucking basics online FPS's have had for like over 10 years.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
I thought elite was pretty shit when i first heard of it too.

But it appears that they're actually allowing you to win prizes and compete though the service, which i think is actually a step in the right direction for pro gaming. And while i do think that they should be taking the money for the prizes out of there own pockets, you can't expect them to give away multiple jeeps for free (i guess,....kinda)

I'm still super skeptical as to whether CoD is going to be complete shit, or not. (i'm leaning toward complete shit still)

But it looks worlds different from mw2.

Battlefield looks like they may have improved it a little, (haven't played it yet) looks a little faster paced. Friends of mine say it's still the same slow paced, sniping camper infested, vehicular whoring game it's always been.

But i don't know if this is correct for the same reason i realize most people don't pick up on the differences in CoD.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Nov 2 2011, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

Battlefield 3? Very different feel and play and the game's graphics are perfect. Comes with Battlelog which is EXACTLY what COD Elite is BUT IT'S FREE! Why the FUCK should anyone have to pay money for COD Elite when it's mainly just a Facebook application? fuck is that stupid... so yeah definitely my vote is Battlefield 3. It's just so good. icon_smile.gif

Don't forget about the jets! rolleyes.gif

If idiots are willing to pay for CoD Elite when it does nothing, good for them, I won't.

QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 2 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This.

When I started playing BF3 Beta it was like BC2 on a good night, didn't take long for it to turn into a CS style run and prone fest

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Nov 3 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought elite was pretty shit when i first heard of it too.

But it appears that they're actually allowing you to win prizes and compete though the service, which i think is actually a step in the right direction for pro gaming. And while i do think that they should be taking the money for the prizes out of there own pockets, you can't expect them to give away multiple jeeps for free (i guess,....kinda)

I'm still super skeptical as to whether CoD is going to be complete shit, or not. (i'm leaning toward complete shit still)

But it looks worlds different from mw2.

Battlefield looks like they may have improved it a little, (haven't played it yet) looks a little faster paced. Friends of mine say it's still the same slow paced, sniping camper infested, vehicular whoring game it's always been.

But i don't know if this is correct for the same reason i realize most people don't pick up on the differences in CoD.

If CoD Elite opens doors to decent prizes and the sort, I'm intrigued.

The long and short of it is, CoD and BF are totally different games, CoD compares closer with CS.. (altho CoD1 was pretty campy and strat happy- oh wait) and BF is just BF - I never had an issue choosing between the two titles over the last few years as I've always identified them as two different playstyle games.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Nov 2 2011, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If CoD Elite opens doors to decent prizes and the sort, I'm intrigued.

http://www.callofdut.../whats-included

I was with you guys at first. I absolutely hated the idea of CoD elite. It sounded like a retarded rip off, made to take advantage of the stupid little kids that play the game.

HOWEVER!

I have discovered that it actually appears to be a VERY good deal.

For those of you to lazy to click the link. And do research (i'd fire whoever was in charge of advertising Elite they make it look like shit compared to what i've been able to confirm)

FOR FREE you get:

1. advanced stat tracking (from what i understand this includes everything form k/d and accuracy with all the different guns, to spawn points, where you die the most, most common rushing routes and much more)

2. Some sort of social networking, meant to pare you up with people who have similar interests and play styles.

3. Video sharing

4. (and once again, from what i understand) Access to all of this via your computer or smart phone.

If you decide to pay (completely optional) you get

1. Monthly dlc, which it has been calculated already, with the average amount, and cost of map packs which you're now getting completly free, it actually comes out cheaper than if you were to buy them without a subscription, by like 20$ or something like that.

2. Year round competition with prizes. I don't know if the quality of prices will be maintained, but as of right now the main prize i've seen offered up has been the CoD Jeep. Assuming they keep anything even half that good, every month, it will be VERY worth the money.

3. A clan leveling system that seems similar to the one that's new to WoW. (rewards such as bonus XP)

4. Analyses from (i know some of you will debate/lol at this) CoDs professional gamers. I'm assuming they'll get Optic or some other candy ass clans in their.

5. Then idk, a bunch of stuff that looks like it belongs on youtube.

If you ask me the Elite thing looks worth it for 1&2, (assuming the game isn't complete shit)

I realize that the map packs are over priced, but we would be getting them cheaper. plus a chance to win awesome prizes? And all the features people have been bitching about needing to be free......are well....free. I don't think anybody has any real room to complain even if they don't want it themselves.

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 03 November 2011 - 12:38 AM.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts
Part of the fun of BF is the the things that happen and the storys you can tell because of that, even if you never tell them to anyone.. lol.

In CoD, like CS, you might shoot 5 guys in the head under 5 seconds and feel great.

But in BF, you might be shot off of your jet, deploy your parachute and take a tank out with your antitank as you're floating down slowly.. It might be a maximum of 3 kills, but it's SO MUCH KOOLER!1`

1 kill.

But yea like nevermore said, theyre different and bring a different sort of fun. [I don't play CoD, but played a lot of CS.]

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
http://www.google.co...&...-8&q=storys

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Nov 3 2011, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is spam.. but it's pretty good.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I tried the Elite Beta. I know what it is.

But think aboot it like this.

They're offering a very minute amount of subscribers prizes. The prizes are usually pretty decent, but could have EASILY been given away for free by a company that squeezes as much juice as they do from CoD customers.

But here's the thing: The ones who were winning the prizes (in the beta) were cheating. They were stat padding. The majority of them.

Now sure, you could say "oh well they'll catch the guys who were stat padding before they give them the prizes" and yeah, these guys were really obvious so I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

But what about the people who aren't really obvious? What if the people met with each other without ever having each other on their friends list? What if they could argue that they were just killing rooms full of AFK people?

It's just annoying that the whole prize thing (which WAS a neat idea) is ruined by the asshole community that inhabits CoD (for the record, most of the gaming community in general is a bunch of assholes, but CoD's is the worst. Not all mind you, just most.)

Edited by CakeCom, 03 November 2011 - 05:11 PM.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Nov 3 2011, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was expecting battlefield stories...

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Nov 3 2011, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried the Elite Beta. I know what it is.

But think aboot it like this.

They're offering a very minute amount of subscribers prizes. The prizes are usually pretty decent, but could have EASILY been given away for free by a company that squeezes as much juice as they do from CoD customers.

But here's the thing: The ones who were winning the prizes (in the beta) were cheating. They were stat padding. The majority of them.

Now sure, you could say "oh well they'll catch the guys who were stat padding before they give them the prizes" and yeah, these guys were really obvious so I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

But what about the people who aren't really obvious? What if the people met with each other without ever having each other on their friends list? What if they could argue that they were just killing rooms full of AFK people?

It's just annoying that the whole prize thing (which WAS a neat idea) is ruined by the asshole community that inhabits CoD (for the record, most of the gaming community in general is a bunch of assholes, but CoD's is the worst. Not all mind you, just most.)

Valid points. However if other companys look at this, and change it so people can't cheat in the future, or even if Activision learns there lesson after a while and changes it somehow so people can't cheat. It would still be a step in the right direction toward what (IMO) pro gaming needs.

In order to attract the attention of more sponcers, they need to see that pro gaming is profitable, and whether it's being done correctly at this point, NOBODY is going to be able to argue that CoD elite is profitable.

On a side note, HOW IN THE FUCK did you get into the beta and not me. That's bullshit, you don't even like CoD, (granted we both agree blops is shit)
but still.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
It was a while ago, but I was just as disappointed as you.

I was really hoping for a Diablo 3 / SWTOR Beta invite.
I open by inbox and I got CoD Elite.

(One of my RL BFs was pissed too, he's a huge CoD Play0r)

So I go and check it out (somewhat) and I find that the one feature I cared about (downloading replays w/o a tuner card) didn't work properly for me. No clue why.
So I stopped caring and didn't bother to check out the rest of elite till like last week of beta, then I tried one of the competitions. It was pretty neat, it was like most kills in TDM in 12 hours or something. I ended up in like 80 / 2000 or something (dont bother checking my account, I'm probably off quite a bit).

Then I look at the top like 10 guys, they're all in 1 clan and have a rediculous amount of points. The comments are all claiming they saw them boosting.

That happened about 3 times and I decided the competitions weren't worth playing (in teh beta anyway) so I just went back to not caring.

Edited by CakeCom, 03 November 2011 - 08:13 PM.

Billy...

Billy...
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Pee and Pooh
  • Steam ID:googlegaara818
  • Xbox / GFWL:GhostsFaceKira
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Nov 1 2011, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm liking MW3, feels exactly like past 3 games and I couldn't ask for any different.

O wait.

..... Oh.. HA... hahahah

When it comes to BF3 Nothing in this world can make my hairs stand on end like chasing some guy down in a jet trying to get your missiles to lock and when you finally get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

FUCK!!!!...............When I hear that delayed "boom" It feels great!!!!
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Jun 14 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chill out faggot

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts
I love that too, but hate seeing the flares. I launch 2 missiles right after the other now.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

xiaotuanzi

xiaotuanzi
  • Members
  • 5 posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users