Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm Not Dead But This Forum Sure Is

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Just read the first 5 or 6 posts. Hilarious.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
like a dead dog, beat it with a stick

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
Christron and st1dinoh, refer to;
QUOTE (Joby @ Oct 12 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
crap.jengerer.com

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
rolleyes.gif

ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Master Debater 08

• Members
  • 7,272 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, weed,
QUOTE (Bubbles @ Oct 16 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
St1d remember that time you taught me how to grow yoshi. Well I have twice since then, you would be oh so proud<3.

congrats.

ohio's hat (michigan) just made medicinal pot legal, i've been "helping" quite a few people establish "care centers" biggrin.gif

QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Oct 16 2011, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always read it as s t i n d o h.

Anyway, I remember your fireworks shit. Cool that you're still doin it.

always, once you have shot a fireworks show or two it's in the blood and there's no turning back.

QUOTE (Pawnator @ Oct 17 2011, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Email me if you wanna kick it old school, Stid.

oh? send me a PM bro.

QUOTE (confrico @ Oct 19 2011, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this thread pretty much sums up 2006-2008

holy shit it's confrico. whats up man. thanks for all the avatar help back in the day, you'll be happy to know i've learned how to photoshop so i won't be pestering you for a new avatar anymore laugh.gif

QUOTE (Christron @ Oct 27 2011, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like a dead dog, beat it with a stick

wow...

christron.

good to see your name again, hows it been, hows life, hows things?

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,160 posts
QUOTE (confrico @ Oct 19 2011, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this thread pretty much sums up 2006-2008

good couple years for PP foruming(/show).

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
loool St1dinOH, I thought you were gone for good.

Imagine telling your grand kids about the good ol' times you spent on the forum.
˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ΄•ω•`) •~•

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
HOLY SHIT IS THIS PLACE DEAD. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? TOO BAD PURE PWNAGE STOPPED MAKING THEM SHOWS, EH?

Spinal

Spinal
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • Steam ID:0:1:962903
QUOTE (TheBase @ Nov 28 2011, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOLY SHIT IS THIS PLACE DEAD. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? TOO BAD PURE PWNAGE STOPPED MAKING THEM SHOWS, EH?

did they really? i still see the episodes on showcase.
Phenom 9750 | 9800GTX | OCZ Reaper ram
back after some hardcore afkizzle

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
Is it GG for us?

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,593 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
Speaking of which, will we Americans ever get to see the Showcase eps? I tried viewing on their website but it doesn't work...
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
Hulu. Torrents. Maybe even youtube. They're out there.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

grimm

grimm
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • xfire:xgrimmx
  • Interests:Counter Strike, Anime, Movies, Music (Metal and Rock FTW), and of course Pure Pwnage.
  • Wii:Be up soon!
I remember when even when it wasn't a release day you would get 100-200 members (not guests) online at any one time and i could just bounce from thread to thread and stuff would keep moving. Those were the days.

I decided to check the forum out yesterday after a few years of absence, and yea its pretty much dead. I wonder what happened to all the oldfags like tubby, or firefly or even melonqueen. Ah the good ol'days :3

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,160 posts
QUOTE (grimm @ Dec 1 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember when even when it wasn't a release day you would get 100-200 members (not guests) online at any one time and i could just bounce from thread to thread and stuff would keep moving. Those were the days.

I decided to check the forum out yesterday after a few years of absence, and yea its pretty much dead. I wonder what happened to all the oldfags like tubby, or firefly or even melonqueen. Ah the good ol'days :3

haha yeah that sounds familiar. Back while I was in high school, I could spend all day actively posting during the school holidays easily.., or coming home from school and having to check 15 active threads because school time was active time for the americans/canadians etc lol. was a pretty busy forum there for awhile.. it really only hit me the forum was actually starting to die when active content wouldn't ever reach past the first page ha.

And you'll find a lot of oldfags still check in every now and then and with them up pop the occasional nostalgia thread. was to pimp of a forum/community to ever truly quit the place.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
If people actually posted instead of posting about how the people they internet stalked aren't hanging around .. welllll

nlitement

nlitement
  • Members
  • 2,821 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, damn.
  • Xbox / GFWL:nlitement
QUOTE (grimm @ Dec 1 2011, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember back in 2009 when I already considered Pure Pwnage dead the forums were still active with some of the old timers.

O well. icon_sad.gif

Edited by nlitement, 01 December 2011 - 05:36 PM.

˘3˘ ◕ ◡ ◕ ( ΄•ω•`) •~•

ShiZ

ShiZ
  • Members
  • 2,160 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 2 2011, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If people actually posted instead of posting about how the people they internet stalked aren't hanging around .. welllll

it's a dead community mang.. you somehow need to get an influx of a lot of new posters joining (or current members) and then give them a reason to hang around. Even if they sent out mass emails to every member, sure, maybe a few people will actually stick around for a bit and post.. but how long before it withers away?

This forum had the show, though once it unfortunately ended, new people stopped joining and old people gradually found other, more active/'fresher' places to post about the stuff they used to here etc.
Also you'll probably find a lot of members have maybe grown out of gaming or moved on to other things.. and like I said before, there's just no new guys signing up to replace them.

QUOTE (nlitement @ Dec 2 2011, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember back in 2009 when I already considered Pure Pwnage dead the forums were still active with some of the old timers.

O well. icon_sad.gif

Yeah a lot of older members had a reason to stick around and most people had a basic idea of who people were etc.

I'll probs get flammed for this but i've always thought Crap contributed to the ppforum dying. I don't mean it was the cause at all but more so just sped it up once it had begun (plus i'm talking about the 4chan-esque Crap, not so much how it was initially). There might have been the good times or whatever, but it was pretty much just an (i feel dumb for saying this but you get what I mean) 'insiders club' that flammed the newbies and gave them even less reason to join the place.
Hell the crap regulars could have even prolonged the activeness of the forum but where it was once a place to talk interesting shit with others, it became just another off shoot of 4chan for a few mates to troll.

Fenix

Fenix
  • GA Private
  • 1,080 posts
  • xfire:Fenix1
  • Steam ID:FenixSX or Saionce
  • PSN:FenixSX
  • Wii:Stolen
  • Gamer Army ID:187
Oh, how I miss this community :/

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
Yea. All crap did was shorten the time for the inevitable. For the most part it was the most active part of the forum I think, for all of 2010. Even threads that belonged elsewhere would be made there. They where easy to find for crap, but kept the other sections silent. New members where certainly flamed if they stepped into crap, or if crap would go "outside" of the section to post elsewhere. There was more crap members than PP forum members, if that makes any sense. I don't deny having some fun in that section though.

All this doesn't change the decisions that where made for the show though, and THAT'S the reason for how things are.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 1 2011, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QFT
come watch my sc2 stream!!!
And follow me on twitter!

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users