Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, Why Do We Need Geoff To Continue The Series?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
It seems to be the consensus that PP ended because of a disagreement between Jarrett and Geoff.

And from what I can tell, most of the cast would continue the show, except for Geoff?

So you know what I say? I say FUCK GEOFF! Kick his ass to the curb, find someone with a similar voice or computer-modify it from someone else, and resume production!

Why can that not happen, if that is the case? Some may say Geoff "OWNS " part of PP. Well he abandoned it, so FUCK HIM! If he has enough money to hire a lawyer, go for it! It'll make good publicity.

I still want to see what was made for an episode 19.

slow_country

slow_country
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • PSN:boom_headshot23
your forum name accurately represents your intelligence banana.gif

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (McStupid1 @ Sep 2 2011, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or computer-modify it from someone else, and resume production!

Let's have the Stephan hawkings voice follow Jeremy around and see how well that goes.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Arguments Against:
1. Geoff *helped write the show, therefore (imo) it wouldn't be right
2. Dave is in south africa
3. One of the main characters (Tbag) would need a huge change (RIP Troy icon_sad.gif)
4. No matter who else you get, they won't sound like Kyle. It'd be easier to replace Dave than Kyle just because of how much personality the character + actor have... no offense Dave ;(
(*I'm not actually fully aware how much Geoff helps with teh_writing of the show or whether or not he does at all... I know he did for the TV show tho. So... yeah.)

Arguments for the IDEA: It's possible. I don't want to say it's a good idea, but it's definitely a possibility... but again it's not just Geoff that has prevented the series from closing / continuing. There's 2 characters totally missing atm, Miranda / Tagi is probably busy acting (<3 u Tagi ;D), this new Kris girl in the series probably disappeared, Davin himself even had his own contributions (although not necessarily required contributions). It's just so much work piled on top of work to do, and Geoff + Jarett's personal problem just makes that stack harder to go through.

I personally think it's a terrible idea as I'd much rather see Geoff, Dave and Davin all return and help with the show for the last episode. But none of these are likely to happen. What I'd really like to see is just one last premiere, maybe make THAT the last episode of PP. Have us all bring our DSs and Tetris shit up... (Jarett himself was telling me at Fan Expo that one of the greatest things that he'd seen while working on PP was 400 fans bringing their DS(s?) to a screening and pwning shit up together.) That's all we need- closure. We don't need an episode for closure, just one last nail in the coffin... similar to what that Gamer Army group was doing... but personally I'd much prefer Jarett, Joel, Davin, Miranda, Dave + Geoff all host the last screening together.

Edited by CakeCom, 02 September 2011 - 11:04 PM.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (slow_country @ Sep 3 2011, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
Who is Davin, anyhow? Has he ever been in any of the episodes? What does he look like?

I doubt we'll ever see any more of PP videos, but remembering the old days of playing Halo 2, World of Warcraft, and the new PP episode is coming out next week were some good times.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Davin's writes the show, does special effects and plays Kyle.
(jk)

I actually don't know what Davin does other than make the odd appearance in an episode or 2 (or 3 icon_surprised.gif) and help out at premieres + on set.

But then again I don't really know the specifics of what anyone does on the show as I'm not there filming a documentary about the mockumentary.

(This needs to be done ^)

anthonyoncoffee

anthonyoncoffee
  • Members
  • 192 posts
because the main character's are Jeremy and Kyle
so who the hell is going to film Jeremy

and from what i've heard, Jaret and Jeff wrote the scripts

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
Pretty much what everyone has already said.

The original creators and developers had a specific vision and added their own unique style to what made PP.

Even if Jarett was a large percent of the mix, the others would've filled in the void in different departments - getting people to 'replace' them would not be the same.
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

SithHappens

SithHappens
  • GA Private
  • 100 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3962
what cakecom said, closure..

embroisured

embroisured
  • GA Private
  • 1,724 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drunkard Zero
  • Gamer Army ID:3725
This is Davin.

He helped out with production in many ways, as well as co-directing fight scenes. I believe he masterminded such things like the outdoor micro battle, and the epic micro battle between Jeremy and teh master. He also worked on the tv show.

Skrie

Skrie

PP Lifetime Achievement & Overall Best PP Contributer 08

• GA Corporal
  • 3,179 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:7
Because of the music, also... he's an excellent established character .

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
Maybe we just haven't figured it out yet.

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
And I'm pretty sure Geoff owns 50% of ROFLMAO so, it needs his permission.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (Danoli3 @ Sep 16 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'm pretty sure Geoff owns 50% of ROFLMAO so, it needs his permission.

Unless we could organise a hostile takeover - 80's style! pp_smiley7.gif
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Like I said, I think Jarett should do a side series with just Jeremy.

I'm sure Geoff wouldn't reject due to (the only thing) he said in his post (worth reading.)

QUOTE (Geoff @ Apr 7 2011, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is Geoff "being a prick and blocking the release of all the finished scenes" [of episode 19]?
Haha, I don't know where that idea came from. I am not blocking any release. I have not seen all of the footage that Jarett produced for episode 19. I have only seen one sequence shot for episode 19 that Joel cut together. Jarett has not proposed the release of any footage. On that note, we actually do have two complete Pure Pwnage TV scripts that were commissioned for the second season that wont ever be produced. I'm not sure what will happen with them.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,863 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
No one ever even said he was blocking the release of ep 19. The questions where soley on his silence and why he doesn't accept Jarret's offer to do the last episode.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
Because he wants to be an asshole.

If I ever win a lot of money on the lottery, I'll pick up the series where it left off, with new actors to replace everyone who won't cooperate, and I'll star as Jeremy if he refuses to be in my new PP show.

And Geoff can TRY to pay for a lawyer to sue me, I'll be able to easily out-spend him.

Edited by McStupid1, 16 September 2011 - 08:14 PM.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (slow_country @ Sep 3 2011, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,863 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users