Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlefield 3 Or Modern Warfare 3?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Sep 4 2011, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It just feels wrong though. :\

I agree completely.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
I see you guys haven't brought up Origin's EULA yet.
http://www.rockpaper...-more-sinister/
tl;dr Installing Origin allows EA to see everything on your hard drive. And yes, origin is mandatory for BF3 (and mass effect 3 btw).
Also, this isn't like Steam. Steam asks to scan your PC first and it only collects data about your hardware to see what your specs are.

I WAS super psyched about BF3, but this I cannot tolerate. I don't care what their doing with the information they collect, this is just wrong. I was OK but reluctant about Origin, and I wasn't sure what to think when I heard about the non-in-game server browser, but this crosses the line. I don't need *any* video game that badly.

Fuck MW3 as well, it's just CoD4 reskinned for the 8734893th time.
Red Orchestra 2 ftw.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Andrack @ Sep 6 2011, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fuck MW3 as well, it's just CoD4 reskinned for the 8734893th time.
Red Orchestra 2 ftw.

+5 rep

Also, the new CS looks awesome ;P

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
I am trying to stay away from EA completely... The last game I bought with the EA logo on it was Sim City 4 only because it was 10 dollars. You already know half the argument of why I stay away from "it" but this "origin" they have going on just tipped the boat over for me. Sure I bought a few games from publisher EA on my PS3. But now it has reached the point of invigoration.

I just hope the consoles are not forced into this. I say this is worse than what Microsoft is doing with XBL as a service fee.

Hopefully P*r**** will have something ready for this. If not I may just stick to hamachi or x-link kaid in the future.

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxnizle1
Well, I already pre-ordered BF3 on PS3, so I guess that while it's inferior to the PC version, I don't have to put up with Origin. And it still looks pretty kick arse. I think I'll end up waiting until EA changes their privacy policy to get it on PC as well. Maybe in the mean-time I'll get a new desktop (assuming I earn enough cash and stop spending it on booze/clubbing) , my current lappy lags with BC2 on medium-high settings. Not too bad for 2 - 3 years old though.

MW3... I'll get it eventually, Christmas/early next year maybe. I wouldn't mind going through the campaigns from Cod 4 - MW3, and Cod is always fun for when mates are over.

Edited by Maxorhead666, 11 September 2011 - 01:07 AM.

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Maxorhead666 @ Sep 11 2011, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I already pre-ordered BF3 on PS3, so I guess that while it's inferior to the PC version, I don't have to put up with Origin. And it still looks pretty kick arse. I think I'll end up waiting until EA changes their privacy policy to get it on PC as well. Maybe in the mean-time I'll get a new desktop (assuming I earn enough cash and stop spending it on booze/clubbing) , my current lappy lags with BC2 on medium-high settings. Not too bad for 2 - 3 years old though.

http://www.gamespot....ges-origin-eula

I'm concerned why people are in such a huff over this and not steam as it does exactly the same thing. I'm also curious if people are aware how much better this information makes all the games you play; from a developer perspective, it's tremendously helpful to know that 60% of the market uses DX10 video cards, and only 5% uses DX11 or that the majority of computers are dual core and only slowly trending toward higher numbers of cores.

These kinds of stats do make your games better. Do I really feel any worse that EA knows my video card than I do knowing that google probably knows my social security number, my favorite food, most of my sexual preferences/fetishes, and how I'm feeling right now?

People need to stop being such whiny bitches and realize that your life isn't private anymore, as if it ever was, and that your life will be better because of it.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Sep 12 2011, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People need to stop being such whiny bitches and realize that your life isn't private anymore, as if it ever was, and that your life will be better because of it.

You know the funny thing? The people whining over the privacy "breaches", I guarantee use Facebook, Google and public trackers.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxnizle1
Hey man, I was just trying to justify not getting it on Pc for now cos I ain't got the cash (sad, I know) and need a desktop desperately. I assure you, as soon as I have that $98, I'll buy it irregardless. In the meantime, gobbies for a new Pc?

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Sep 4 2011, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well considering EA has outright said "Modders are bad and are pretty much all pirates so we will not support them lawlawl" me thinks it will take a long, long time.

I remember Battlefield 2 and Rogue Spear used to use something called something along the lines of The All Seeing Eye... this would be a good alternative if it will still be supported by EA.

ASE indeed

QUOTE (CakeCom @ Sep 4 2011, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly tho, EA's been playing around with customers too much for me to give a fuck about this game anymore.

I'll prolly buy it a few months after the game comes out, but they've definitely lost this immediate customer.

Yerp. Nobody can see anything wrong with a paid expansion being announced for a game that isn't out yet? :|

I'm tired of the BF3/MW3 argument, they are both war games, but they are both totally different games.

I'm not buying either of them.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Sep 12 2011, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1 rep?
come watch my sc2 stream!!!
And follow me on twitter!

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
Fucking site went down before I could post this:

I'm concerned why people are in such a huff over this and not steam as it does exactly the same thing.

Yeah but steam just looks at hardwa-

*Sees list of applications*
... :|

THE CORPORATIONS MAAAN! THEY'RE TAKING OVER!!!

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
again, this is why I dislike Steam as well. But Valve makes enough amazing games for me to ignore the blemishes- unlike EA who's made maybe two game series I've somewhat enjoyed and then ruined them by throwing in amazing features like Punkbuster and their knack of suddenly dropping support for their older games when a sequel happens to come out.

Valve's never done a thing wrong to me (except L4D2 but I 4gave :3), hence I can use Steam and say "Y'know what, you're controlling me and my software... but you've never hurt me before so I trust you".

EA on the other hand has bitch slapped me with a few different games, as well as online pass bs when I'm buying used games (No not every game I buy is going to be new, no it's not 100% a negative thing, it just bothers me. Don't need the argument.) I don't trust them with jack shit as they've proven they are the same if not worse than Activision, who I wouldn't trust with a Burger King receipt let alone the rights to half my game library, my stats, achievements, etc.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Sep 13 2011, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
again, this is why I dislike Steam as well. But Valve makes enough amazing games for me to ignore the blemishes- unlike EA who's made maybe two game series I've somewhat enjoyed and then ruined them by throwing in amazing features like Punkbuster and their knack of suddenly dropping support for their older games when a sequel happens to come out.

To be fair though, recently EA has been coming out with some amazing games. They also produce a lot more games than Valve; many of which are trash, but there are still some great games.

BF:BC, while not a true battlefield games, is an amazing game considering the games it competed with. They released my favorite burnout (3). The entire command and conquer series I believe; if not, most. Dead Space, Dragon Age, MMA and fight night. Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Road Rash, Skate, SSX, Sim City, and pretty much every ultima.

Being honest their sports games aren't that terrible other than the fact that they release one every year either.

They do definitely pump out a lot of mediocre games, but they still have a lot of pretty quality games.

EA on the other hand has bitch slapped me with a few different games, as well as online pass bs when I'm buying used games (No not every game I buy is going to be new, no it's not 100% a negative thing, it just bothers me. Don't need the argument.) I don't trust them with jack shit as they've proven they are the same if not worse than Activision, who I wouldn't trust with a Burger King receipt let alone the rights to half my game library, my stats, achievements, etc.

Activision is very much what EA used to be, but a bunch of the top people from EA have openly admitted that the way forward is more quality games not just saturating the market. As far as I'm concerned in the last couple years they are definitely delivering whereas Activision appears to keep getting worse.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

medevac

medevac
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I like playing BC2

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (medevac @ Jan 26 2012, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like playing BC2

You are the best bot ever.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Got rid of his links, I wanna see his next post.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
My cat approves of this thread being bumped.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • xfire:Spieku
  • Steam ID:RčeÇč
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sensemia420
why I like battlefield 3 don't know if link will work though -_-b FAIL.

http://www.youtube.c...p;v=t3P9aoUCCb8 bleh this link

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
My main issue is that Sony has PSN. Xbox has XBLA, Nintendo has WiiWare... These are all well known services. Its not like I can get a different service on the consoles. Why does PC have to have so many? Recently ijji has been bringing their games onto the Steam platform and Mac users are finally in the mix.

EA has done little to impress me so I don't want to be forced to use their service on the PC from a new company. Its like Buying a PS3 or a 360 on day one only to realize the one you bought had issues... Maybe in the future I will give into Origin... but now that I have a PS3 again......

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jan 28 2012, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does PC have to have so many?

A ton of people aren't really aware of this, but while Steam is one of the most convenient things in the world for PC gamers themselves, to companies it doesn't seem like the best investment out there.

Valve owns your ass when you become a part of Steam, you have to follow their rules. You want DLC released on Steam? You talk to them. Releasing a patch? Gotta confirm it with them.

They have good reason for this, they want Steam to be the best + smoothest experience after all. But EA was sick of this so they made their own shitty version of Steam.

Ijji were fucking tards from the beginning. Never liked them.

I remember the All-Seeing Eye. Was much more convenient than Steam IMO because you could actually see server lists without starting up your game (similar to Battlefield's Battlelog bullshit, but with your entire game library doing it at once.

Was useful for games like Age of Empires, Battlefield 1942, Rogue Spear, etc.
Before then was the MSN Gaming Zone, which I also really liked.

Steam + Origin are inconvenient for me personally, but I could see why so many people like it so w/e.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users