Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why Geoff?

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

AplMik24

AplMik24
  • GA Private
  • 150 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:AplMik24
  • Gamer Army ID:4105
Well, from the title of this thread you would most likely assume that this a flame bait/flame thread, however it is my honest 'opinion' about why I think that Geoff made a terrible decision. I usually never speak bad of anyone or try to start a flamewar, however this needs to be said, especially to those who still think that we should worship him and the crew for providing us with entertainment. I don't plan on using direct quotes from previous posts and the reason I put opinion in quotes is due to the fact that I will indeed be using all factual information and just connecting it in a way that is logical.

And so it begins...

• Fact: Geoff (in his farewell address) never once thanked the crew. Opinion: That is a very selfish thing to do considering he spent many years working alongside them.
  • Fact: Geoff & Jarrett had a disagreement over the permanent inclusion of Davin in ROFLMAO Productions. Opinion: Because details of this are not really known, not too many inferences can be made.
  • Fact: When Jarrett offered to pay for all the expenses of Episode 19 Geoff declined, with the intention of giving Pure Pwnage a proper burial. Opinion: Geoff couldn't get over a disagreement to end a show he has worked hard on for many years, and even more that tons of fans idolized both the show and the characters.
  • Fact: Geoff has not posted since his OMG Geoff posted post about the details of the argument or the refusal to film Episode 19. Opinion: Jarrett seems to be much more open when it came to this whole disagreement, as Geoff didn't even try to defend himself and almost alienates fans of Pure Pwnage.

Now, before I get a bunch of counter arguments saying that we don't know enough to make this kind of inferences, one must think that if these conclusions weren't intended to be drawn, then why was such ambigious and unclear information given to us. I believe that is the nail in Geoff's coffin. If he wasn't bitter about the whole Pure Pwnage thing, he would have posted his reasons for denying Jarrett the opportunity to film Episode 19.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (AplMik24 @ Aug 16 2011, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, from the title of this thread you would most likely assume that this a flame bait/flame thread, however it is my honest 'opinion' about why I think that Geoff made a terrible decision. I usually never speak bad of anyone or try to start a flamewar, however this needs to be said, especially to those who still think that we should worship him and the crew for providing us with entertainment. I don't plan on using direct quotes from previous posts and the reason I put opinion in quotes is due to the fact that I will indeed be using all factual information and just connecting it in a way that is logical.

And so it begins...

• Fact: Geoff (in his farewell address) never once thanked the crew. Opinion: That is a very selfish thing to do considering he spent many years working alongside them.
  • Fact: Geoff & Jarrett had a disagreement over the permanent inclusion of Davin in ROFLMAO Productions. Opinion: Because details of this are not really known, not too many inferences can be made.
  • Fact: When Jarrett offered to pay for all the expenses of Episode 19 Geoff declined, with the intention of giving Pure Pwnage a proper burial. Opinion: Geoff couldn't get over a disagreement to end a show he has worked hard on for many years, and even more that tons of fans idolized both the show and the characters.
  • Fact: Geoff has not posted since his OMG Geoff posted post about the details of the argument or the refusal to film Episode 19. Opinion: Jarrett seems to be much more open when it came to this whole disagreement, as Geoff didn't even try to defend himself and almost alienates fans of Pure Pwnage.

Now, before I get a bunch of counter arguments saying that we don't know enough to make this kind of inferences, one must think that if these conclusions weren't intended to be drawn, then why was such ambigious and unclear information given to us. I believe that is the nail in Geoff's coffin. If he wasn't bitter about the whole Pure Pwnage thing, he would have posted his reasons for denying Jarrett the opportunity to film Episode 19.

I'm not going to argue. Not going to pick a side. Not with Geoff. Not against him. But something I'd like to add: While Geoff hasn't made any statements since the "OMG Geoff Posted" post, you have to think about it like this: Maybe Geoff doesn't want the fans to get involved? Maybe it's a personal matter, between two good friends?

Again I don't have a side in this (Geoff has indeed made a few mistakes though) but it's just something you have to think about. Sure the fans want to hear from Geoff about the decisions made concerning ROFLMAO but maybe Geoff wants to keep it as a private matter between him and Jarett?

They aren't going to have an argument over a forum in order to satisfy fans needs is what I'm basically saying.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 16 2011, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Geoff doesn't want the fans to get involved? Maybe it's a personal matter, between two good friends?
...maybe Geoff wants to keep it as a private matter between him and Jarett?

They aren't going to have an argument over a forum in order to satisfy fans needs is what I'm basically saying.

My thoughts too.

I've gone through things with old friends which required a number of years to pass before we even spoke or made contact again...
Perhaps the same will happen?

Someone else made a comment on this forum saying it's more important that two old friends find a way to reconnect than a webseries continue.
I think I agree with that sentiment too.
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (oldSkool @ Aug 16 2011, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My thoughts too.

I've gone through things with old friends which required a number of years to pass before we even spoke or made contact again...
Perhaps the same will happen?

Someone else made a comment on this forum saying it's more important that two old friends find a way to reconnect than a webseries continue.
I think I agree with that sentiment too.

Indeed. To be honest though, I think something's happened between Jarett and Geoff that we don't know about and they've already somewhat made up. I'm not saying Episode 19 is coming out tomorrow, but I think things might be looking up.

In an interview someone did, I believe it was mentioned that both Jarett + Geoff worked on the same project (I believe the zombie game featuring FPS Doug + Teh_Pwnerer). If this is true, then this could mean that they've made up. Or they're at least putting up with each other. That's a start.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (AplMik24 @ Aug 16 2011, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't take this the wrong way, but quite frankly, it's none of our damn business.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (Spowis @ Aug 16 2011, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't take this the wrong way, but quite frankly, it's none of our damn business.

Sure it's nobody's business, but this sort of "ending" just leaves such a crappy feeling of such a good show.
Threads like these are made cause fans still care.
It's pretty crazy that to this day people sign up for GA just to find out its dead( just 3 days ago someone asked about linking their forum account.)

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Aug 16 2011, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty crazy that to this day people sign up for GA just to find out its dead (just 3 days ago someone asked about linking their forum account.)

Haha, really? Maybe some super smart guy will join one day and find out where the Mask is.
The Spec OPs section in the GA is all about an ARG where we find clues and shit about where this mask agent dude thing got kidnapped to. You get into Spec Ops by cracking the code at the bottom of the letter you get.

Don't mind me, I'm just gonna leave this here...

Sorry if anyone cares... kinda... not really.

mell0w

mell0w
  • Members
  • 13 posts
I won't derail this thread too much--at least not in such an opposite direction--however, understanding the wish for this community to see the "Life of a Pro Gamer" plot further continue, why not branch off and develop your own variation of PurePwnage? The idea is by no means trademarked, nor would it require a large budget, if any, to get off ground. Much like the earlier episodes all that was really needed was a POS video camera with a dirty lens and some like-minded individuals who didn't sit around wishing for every little thing but actually getting out there and doing something with it.

Get a video cam. Shoot some stuff. Be original; people might like it, and we may very well see a successor in these late years.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (mell0w @ Aug 19 2011, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't derail this thread too much--at least not in such an opposite direction--however, understanding the wish for this community to see the "Life of a Pro Gamer" plot further continue, why not branch off and develop your own variation of PurePwnage? The idea is by no means trademarked, nor would it require a large budget, if any, to get off ground. Much like the earlier episodes all that was really needed was a POS video camera with a dirty lens and some like-minded individuals who didn't sit around wishing for every little thing but actually getting out there and doing something with it.

Get a video cam. Shoot some stuff. Be original; people might like it, and we may very well see a successor in these late years.

Hells yeahs, you're totally right! Screw waiting around for Kingdom Hearts 3 too! I'll just make my own game!

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Aug 19 2011, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hells yeahs, you're totally right! Screw waiting around for Kingdom Hearts 3 too! I'll just make my own game!

Star Wars Episode 7? Fuck that, I can do it all in After Effects and with Green Screen!

Edited by CakeCom, 19 August 2011 - 03:41 AM.

christopherfabber

christopherfabber
  • Banned
  • 1 posts
  • xfire:christopherfabber
  • Interests:singing
Geoff's decision making abilities are awesome.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
QUOTE (christopherfabber @ Aug 19 2011, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Geoff's decision making abilities are awesome.

Funniest fucking bot spam I've ever seen.. given the context of the thread... LOL

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Aug 19 2011, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 19 2011, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Star Wars Episode 7? Fuck that, I can do it all in After Effects and with Green Screen!

So much inspiration all up in this bitch.

teh_tactics

teh_tactics
  • Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Aug 17 2011, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure it's nobody's business, but this sort of "ending" just leaves such a crappy feeling of such a good show.
Threads like these are made cause fans still care.
It's pretty crazy that to this day people sign up for GA just to find out its dead( just 3 days ago someone asked about linking their forum account.)

that was me. and even if i knew it was dead i still would have signed up. a series like this deserves respect and i am more than willing to give it.

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
Geoff and Jarrett are scheduled guests at this years fanexpo in toronto.
Anyone in the area come out and support.
Im sure theyll be answering questions.
Things cant be too bad if the two of them are gonna be together all weekend.

embroisured

embroisured
  • GA Private
  • 1,724 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drunkard Zero
  • Gamer Army ID:3725
somebody go there with a camera crew and document every word they say to eachother!

or just go to the booth as one person and ask them a few questions while saying how much you love the show, buy a t-shirt and leave.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,865 posts
QUOTE (embroisured @ Aug 21 2011, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
somebody go there with a camera crew and document every word they say to eachother!

or just go to the booth as one person and ask them a few questions while saying how much you love the show, buy a t-shirt and leave.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users