Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Survival Trailer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxizle1
QUOTE (Yozki @ Aug 15 2011, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is one of the funniest, yet saddest, true things I have ever seen.

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Maxorhead666 @ Aug 15 2011, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is one of the funniest, yet saddest, true things I have ever seen.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Six exploded upon returning to the Soviet trenches, killing and injuring soldiers

Another serious training mistake was later revealed; the Soviets used their own diesel-engine tanks to train the dogs rather than German tanks which had gasoline engines.[5] As the dogs relied on their acute sense of smell, the dogs sought out familiar Soviet tanks instead of strange-smelling German tanks.[7]

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (Yozki @ Aug 15 2011, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

icon_sad.gif

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
If we wanted realism then the multiplayer would consist of america going in with unlimited air support.

While this exploding dog thing looks retarded, (as if dogs weren't powerful enough already) I've always said that realism makes games really fucking boring.
come watch my sc2 stream!!!
And follow me on twitter!

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Aug 16 2011, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we wanted realism then the multiplayer would consist of america going in with unlimited air support.

While this exploding dog thing looks retarded, (as if dogs weren't powerful enough already) I've always said that realism makes games really fucking boring.

Exactly.

But question- why the fuck wouldn't they just keep using the explodable RC cars? Just make them bigger?

Like a RC Monster Truck or something that moves slow and is armed with explosives... it'd still work.

I dunno I just have something against using animals like that, even in a video game. I'm not usually the moral fag in situations like this but I mean I just don't think it's right.

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 16 2011, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly.

But question- why the fuck wouldn't they just keep using the explodable RC cars? Just make them bigger?

Like a RC Monster Truck or something that moves slow and is armed with explosives... it'd still work.

I dunno I just have something against using animals like that, even in a video game. I'm not usually the moral fag in situations like this but I mean I just don't think it's right.

I'm gonna have to agree. Also, reusing stuff is getting old for COD. Something new maybe? Like dudes on motorbikes, or a car, or a tank at higher levels?

ULx1KcF.jpg

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
Exactly.

*GASP

It's a video game, so i really don't care about the moral implications. I realize it's not nearly as artistic, but what if people had the same attitude about killing the little girls in bioshock, not the perfect comparison i'll admit that, but.....

QUOTE (Maxorhead666 @ Aug 16 2011, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna have to agree. Also, reusing stuff is getting old for COD. Something new maybe? Like dudes on motorbikes, or a car, or a tank at higher levels?

All of those actually sound fucking awesome.

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 16 2011, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno I just have something against using animals like that, even in a video game.

Wat. But you don't have problems with humans being riddled with bullets?

Edited by otaku_4_life, 17 August 2011 - 12:43 AM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Skul1Candy

Skul1Candy
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skul1Candy
Anti-Tank dogs, seriously? fucking AWESOME and also disgustingly sad.

but, in terms of MW3, of course I will buy it, it looks fun enough icon_biggrin.gif but attack dogs in black ops by themselves was almost enough overkill to make me hate the game occasionally.

I am annoyed though, I want more time to play each multiplayer game before everyone moves on to the next. not made of money icon_razz.gif and I guess I just don't play enough to get bored of it fast enough,
I had high hopes of reaching prestige 13, but its not gonna happen now
You remind me of GAY

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 17 2011, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they did that, then Gamespot, IGN, and all other mainstream reviewers wont have an excuse to call MW3 a revolutionary, game-changing, genre-defining, modern, pioneering, innovative, ground-breaking work of genius.

A friend who playtested MW3 told me it was a lot like MW2, im gonna give this shitpile a miss.
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Utttand4 @ Aug 17 2011, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A friend who playtested MW3 told me it was a lot like MW2,

Really?...that gives me a little hope. Although from what I've seen of the game i'm sure he must be mistaken. A lot of people who didn't play it long enough have this mixed up idea of what the game is like. I'm pretty sure that's teh case....BUT THERE'S HOPE.

Now I'm having mixed emotions.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 17 2011, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wat. But you don't have problems with humans being riddled with bullets?

Not unless it's used in bad taste.

The reason being that humans aren't defenseless.

and the dogs are being used as suicide bombs.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 17 2011, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not unless it's used in bad taste.

The reason being that humans aren't defenseless.

and the dogs are being used as suicide bombs.

I'm pretty sure there's never a situation in which humans killing eachother is ever in good taste.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 17 2011, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure there's never a situation in which humans killing eachother is ever in good taste.

Well when I say that I mean...

Okay let's look at it like this.

Grand Theft Auto IV is not in good taste when you run around slaughtering helpless people. Or in the case of that game that replicated one of them school shootings into an RPG (fucking terrible).

BUT a game where 2 militaries fighting each other is at least fair. At least both sides have a chance of killing the other. (Even if in real life it's a one sided fuckfest of missiles being dropped from the sky).

Basically, if the NPC is given a chance to defend itself I find it's in good taste. Even if they're as stupid as fuck.

A suicide bombing dog doesn't really win in any situation.

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
Wait, you kill animals in this one? Jesus christ.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Aug 17 2011, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, you kill animals in this one? Jesus christ.

Ya, cuz that's so much worse than mowing down hundreds of civilians in an air port.....

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 17 2011, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well when I say that I mean...

Okay let's look at it like this.

Grand Theft Auto IV is not in good taste when you run around slaughtering helpless people. Or in the case of that game that replicated one of them school shootings into an RPG (fucking terrible).

BUT a game where 2 militaries fighting each other is at least fair. At least both sides have a chance of killing the other. (Even if in real life it's a one sided fuckfest of missiles being dropped from the sky).

Basically, if the NPC is given a chance to defend itself I find it's in good taste. Even if they're as stupid as fuck.

A suicide bombing dog doesn't really win in any situation.

I agree, but its the same as any media. If you can't distinguish a film or game from real life, then you have serious issues "This is like DX 5000 graphics!". I can laugh when Hitler gets shot in the face in Inglorious Basterds because its so fake, just like the whole of GTA seems ridiculous. Although GTA is one of the more borderline violent games. But back to MW3, They should have this survival thing (cos it looks like a little quick fun) but bring back spec ops as well, or a co-op campaign. I think most of my time spent with MW2 was on spec ops, cos I rarely played it online.

ULx1KcF.jpg

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Aug 17 2011, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya, cuz that's so much worse than mowing down hundreds of civilians in an air port.....

Ever notice how when it comes to people abusing other people no one seems to care, but the second its a poor defenseless animal, people freak the fuck out?

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Aug 17 2011, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ever notice how when it comes to people abusing other people no one seems to care, but the second its a poor defenseless animal, people freak the fuck out?

Ya, actually....i do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users