Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Season1 Music In Fanfilms: Legalities?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
Does anyone know what the legalities are in using music from the Season1 soundtrack in Fan-films?

Some of the S2 audio has been released, and I think that before they created the S1 soundtrack, you could download some of the music (it's been a long time, I could be wrong about that).

I suspect it might come under "Fair use", but I'm not sure. Doesn't seemed to have cropped up anywhere else in the forums.
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

Giluc

Giluc
  • GA Private
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Consoles lol
  • Steam ID:Giluc
  • Xbox / GFWL:GilucZ
  • Wii:4205091662810049
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:4128
  • Company:Eta
Yes, on the old website you could download some of the songs for free. Although I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure you're allowed to use the music in fanfilms, especially seeing as how they're, well you know, fanfilms.

I LIKE
CHOCOLATE MILK

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
They most likely consider it fine so long as you did not sell whatever you're making with the music in it.

If you were selling your fanfilms, you'd probably want to discuss it with them.

This reminds me, we need a picture of the PP Legal team... I miss that old pic icon_sad.gif

Skrie

Skrie

PP Lifetime Achievement & Overall Best PP Contributer 08

• GA Corporal
  • 3,179 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:7
Just do it, no one will care. If someone suddenly starts caring... never tell their lawyer your real name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users