Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jarret Should Play His Jeremy Character On A Youtube Vlog

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 19 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basically if they wanted to work off of YouTube, what I'd suggest is just doing a 1 man show following Jeremy again. Like way back when. Forget the micro battles, the Masterer, the Tagis and the Daves etc.

I'd like to just see a Vlog (fictional / non-fictional) with Jeremy (or Jarett) being himself. Maybe have Doug jump in on a few episodes.

Just my opinion anyway.

Assuming Jarett had any inspiration or drive to do so, that could actually work.

One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
PP was the FIRST internet web series? LOL

You better head on over to google and check out "Online Video", the internet's LONGEST RUNNING IN REGULAR PRODUCTION web show that began back on 4/1/3, predating PP by over a year.

Edited by McStupid1, 02 September 2011 - 08:09 PM.

Wolfenbarg

Wolfenbarg
  • Members
  • 44 posts
You should really provide a link. Searching for keywords as vague as "online video" brings up nothing related to web series.

Edited by Wolfenbarg, 03 September 2011 - 11:59 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Also I agree that PP was probably one of the first GOOD internet web series.

tbh, Machinima started before PP (If I remember correctly) but it wasn't any good until RVB came around.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Sep 4 2011, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Machinima started before PP (If I remember correctly) but it wasn't any good until RVB came around.

I wasn't aware of any other webseries available online before pure pwnage.

re: RvB - def. lifted the bench mark for production value and storyline for machinima.
No idea wtf they're doing with it now, though...

McStupid1

McStupid1
  • Members
  • 56 posts
Apparantly links are disabled here, but lets try this.

l o u d m o u t h t i m dot com

That's the site for it.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (McStupid1 @ Sep 4 2011, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the site for it.

Ah.

Yeah that guy's been seeking attention since before PP. Wouldn't say he makes a decent series at all though.
(Also fun fact: He's scammed tons of business partners as a side hobby)

Wolfenbarg

Wolfenbarg
  • Members
  • 44 posts
QUOTE (McStupid1 @ Sep 4 2011, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the site for it.

Maybe should have clarified by saying it was the first narrative web series.

Also, I haven't seen such a web 0.5 layout in almost a decade.

anthonyoncoffee

anthonyoncoffee
  • Members
  • 192 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Aug 19 2011, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forget the micro battles, the Masterer, the Tagis and the Daves etc.
I'd like to just see a Vlog (fictional / non-fictional) with Jeremy (or Jarett) being himself. Maybe have Doug jump in on a few episodes.
i still enjoyed episode 1-8

episode 3 is kind a good example of the vlog style... just talking about games, and doug and jeremy talkin to each other
yet entertaining as fuck

u dont always need micro battle this and that

Edited by anthonyoncoffee, 08 September 2011 - 01:16 AM.

Lamphead

Lamphead
  • Members
  • 20 posts
Jarrett has a family to care of now. Not everybody who has a family is willing to sacrifice countless man hours over something as insecure as a Youtube partnership or putting their family on Youtube (ShayCarl).

Every entertainment gimmick ever has had an expiry date. PurePwnage's is long overdue, and the only thing needing to be wrapped up is the last episode, which we will also not get.

TheSHADOWLINK

TheSHADOWLINK
  • GA Private
  • 1,102 posts
  • Steam ID:awsomesuper
  • Xbox / GFWL:sh4dowl1nk
  • Wii:sh4dowl1nk
  • Gamer Army ID:3880
QUOTE (Lamphead @ Sep 10 2011, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jarrett has a family to care of now. Not everybody who has a family is willing to sacrifice countless man hours over something as insecure as a Youtube partnership or putting their family on Youtube (ShayCarl).

Every entertainment gimmick ever has had an expiry date. PurePwnage's is long overdue, and the only thing needing to be wrapped up is the last episode, which we will also not get.

He has kids? like for real? Or just his family family like mom and dad?

sh4dowl1nk.jpg  -_-

embroisured

embroisured
  • GA Private
  • 1,724 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drunkard Zero
  • Gamer Army ID:3725
QUOTE (Lamphead @ Sep 10 2011, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your logic is flawed. Rooster Teeth started on halo machinimas in early 2000's, became a company in 2003, and is bigger than ever. Same with mega64, angry video game nerd, and others. However, some aren't as lucky. Mainly various machinima.com directors, and homestar runner.
I'm assuming you mean webseries.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Lamphead @ Sep 10 2011, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every entertainment gimmick ever has had an expiry date.

Troll or bot is troll. The show never was a gimmick.

He does have family, a girlfriend (wife?) and I believe a kid. I know for sure Joel has a kid...

BUT he's said a few times that he's always willing to work on the show, and his GF (wife?) is most likely totally supportive considering she helped make a few episodes of PP herself (on the sidelines).

Back to topic... Jaremi shuld g0 on utubb cuz partnership mak u mill dolalrz lawlawl.

But 4 real, I would like to see even a mini-utube series.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Sep 10 2011, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Troll or bot is troll. The show never was a gimmick.

He does have family, a girlfriend (wife?) and I believe a kid. I know for sure Joel has a kid...

BUT he's said a few times that he's always willing to work on the show, and his GF (wife?) is most likely totally supportive considering she helped make a few episodes of PP herself (on the sidelines).

Back to topic... Jaremi shuld g0 on utubb cuz partnership mak u mill dolalrz lawlawl.

But 4 real, I would like to see even a mini-utube series.

Well said. Not only was PP never gimmicky, but I don't think it outlived its course by far. I think it could have gone on for 3 or 4 seasons -- it was already on 2, so I'd say it was about half as much as it could have been. Maybe I'm wrong and it could have gone on longer, but it had at least another season in it.

I DO think that the TV series was a mistake though. The ongoing story and characters developed in the web series was fantastic. The TV show sort of turned into half an hour of sketch comedy. I'm not trying to knock the hard work they did on the TV series, I just don't think it really lived up to the quality of stuff they did with the web series. It may have been technically sound from a 3 act TV comedy point of view, but that doesn't make it better..

From a career perspective though I can understand why they went TV. Even though PP is over, I hope that the TV series has enabled these talented guys to continue their art in some way and I wish 'em success in their future endeavors. This is also why I don't think YouTube is a good idea. Web TV has the potential for so so much more. I'd rather see the PP crew take what they learned on PP and do bigger and better things, rather than simply keep it alive by any means necessary.

Edited by LalaLand, 10 September 2011 - 10:34 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Sep 10 2011, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is also why I don't think YouTube is a good idea. Web TV has the potential for so so much more. I'd rather see the PP crew take what they learned on PP and do bigger and better things, rather than simply keep it alive by any means necessary.

I agree with you IF that is what the entire cast of PP wants to do.

But if Jarett + Joel and / OR Geoff wants to continue PP for themselves AS WELL as the fans, I think they should definitely attempt it. But if not, they should tell us out front and continue with their lives. Then I totally agree, Joel's doing great with SITMOS and I'm glad Geoff got the rights to direct his own new show.

The problem here is, Geoff is making it sound as though he wants to continue and yet makes it look as though he doesn't. Jarett obviously really does want to continue the show and so does Joel. This makes me think that if they want to, they should- at what ever cost necessary. You can have Jeremy without the entire cast of characters. You can even have Jeremy + Doug without the entire cast of characters. It's still really entertaining (imo). So long as it doesn't feel like a show manufactured by TV Executives (see PPTV) there's an amazing amount of entertainment to come out of Jeremy even with only a few lines of words. It's his attitude that draws me to the show, not so much the rest of the content (BUT the rest of the content is definitely a huge plus to the show and makes it much more complete... but a solo or duo vlog COULD work is what I'm saying).

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Sep 11 2011, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you IF that is what the entire cast of PP wants to do.

But if Jarett + Joel and / OR Geoff wants to continue PP for themselves AS WELL as the fans, I think they should definitely attempt it. But if not, they should tell us out front and continue with their lives. Then I totally agree, Joel's doing great with SITMOS and I'm glad Geoff got the rights to direct his own new show.

The problem here is, Geoff is making it sound as though he wants to continue and yet makes it look as though he doesn't. Jarett obviously really does want to continue the show and so does Joel. This makes me think that if they want to, they should- at what ever cost necessary. You can have Jeremy without the entire cast of characters. You can even have Jeremy + Doug without the entire cast of characters. It's still really entertaining (imo). So long as it doesn't feel like a show manufactured by TV Executives (see PPTV) there's an amazing amount of entertainment to come out of Jeremy even with only a few lines of words. It's his attitude that draws me to the show, not so much the rest of the content (BUT the rest of the content is definitely a huge plus to the show and makes it much more complete... but a solo or duo vlog COULD work is what I'm saying).

Pretty sure Geoff specifically mentioned in his post he had other works of drama he wanted to attempt to create. And the gist of what I got from Jarett was just that he wants to give PP a final send off. Either way, I doubt either of them as artists wants to continue with PP for the rest of their lives. It will end eventually even if they do decide to continue it.\

Edit: I found the part from Geoff's post I was talking about:

QUOTE ("Geoff")
What are you up to now, any projects or goals of your own?

Yeah, I'm up to tonsofawesomeshit, some projects are geared towards TV and others are to be released online. Since there are only so many shows one can do where a guy with a camera films his buddy guerrilla style in his apartment, walking on the street and in restaurants (without asking permission) the new projects I'm working on will actually require funding. Imagine starting a new show and being able to build sets!
Getting funding means there is a lot of development/pitch paperwork required to get it off the ground. Things also move a lot slower with this process, compared to calling up Jarett to tell him there's a bunch of people protesting China on the street... and you're shooting 20 minutes later.

I am equally excited about each of the projects I have in development, one of which will be green-lit (or rejected) in mid June. I can't discuss the details of anything I'm working on, but I can say they are all comedies.

Seems pretty clear to me he's ready to try bigger and better things.

Edited by LalaLand, 11 September 2011 - 10:46 AM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Sep 11 2011, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems pretty clear to me he's ready to try bigger and better things.

Ah, well like I said Geoff isn't necessarily required for this Vlog type series we're talking about (but I am aware that he's got funding for his own television show, called Space Janitors or something... sounds stupid imo but can't judge it till I see it I guess)

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Sep 11 2011, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, well like I said Geoff isn't necessarily required for this Vlog type series we're talking about (but I am aware that he's got funding for his own television show, called Space Janitors or something... sounds stupid imo but can't judge it till I see it I guess)

Wtf space janitors?? Source?

Edited by LalaLand, 11 September 2011 - 01:26 PM.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Sep 12 2011, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wtf space janitors?? Source?

https://www.facebook...anitors?sk=info

Also: http://www.davinleng...page_id=16#menu

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
QUOTE (oldSkool @ Sep 11 2011, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh. Reminds me of the troopers mini series produced by college humor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users