Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jarret Should Play His Jeremy Character On A Youtube Vlog

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Tom Bom

Tom Bom
  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Video games, weed, surfin the internets, and stuff like that.
  • Xbox / GFWL:thomas455
and get filthy rich on his own through youtubes revenue sharing programs.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Is that how they make money? Must be all business. The videos these top dogs make on youtube are pretty shitty imo. All those views probably don't come from genuine public interest..

PP was 100% people interested in the show!

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 04 July 2011 - 04:14 AM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
No. I'd hate to see PP turn into something that low.

PP as a web series was AMAZING because it wasn't just a dumb vlog. It was creative. It was a show. It wasn't just footage. It had a narrative. Characters. Locations. Stories.

No.

PS. They already made a living of of the Pure Pwnage webseries. How many times do I have to tell you? I'm pretty sure I remember pointing this out to specifically you several times before. Jarett confirmed in an interview the PP noob store supported multiple employees full time. They don't need money. The reason there's no more PP is because of personal issues between Geoff and Jarett -- personal disagreements. Not money.

Edited by LalaLand, 04 July 2011 - 09:06 AM.

Huffy

Huffy
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  • xfire:random778
--

Edited by Huffy, 04 July 2011 - 01:33 PM.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
QUOTE (Huffy @ Jul 4 2011, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YouTube has a massive gaming community, hardly any of which know about Pure Pwnage. Most people know (and love) FPS_Doug but have no idea where he is from. I think they would love PP if they knew about it. IMO Geoff should upload the whole series to his partnered YT channel to attract a new (and potentially large) audience. It would also be a nice little source of income for him. People seem to underestimate how much money YT partners make. Also, I think PP is going to attract quite a few more viewers this Friday since Joel is rumored to be the guest of the extremely popular gaming podcast, Painkiller Already. It would be nice to be able to search for PP on YouTube and find full episodes rather than short clips of the show.

Money is not the reason why PP stopped. Why is it so hard for you people to get that despite it coming straight from the creators themselves?

Huffy

Huffy
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  • xfire:random778
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Jul 4 2011, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Money is not the reason why PP stopped. Why is it so hard for you people to get that despite it coming straight from the creators themselves?

Seriously? I mentioned it would be a nice little side income for Geoff, but that wasn't my main point. My main point was that there is a potentially large audience on YouTube, and I would like to see the PP community grow even now that no new episodes are being made.

edit: it was stupid of me to post in this thread, i'm going to make a separate thread on my opinion.

Edited by Huffy, 04 July 2011 - 01:34 PM.

Tom Bom

Tom Bom
  • Members
  • 191 posts
I'm not saying moneys an issue. I'm saying he could make more of it. and he doesn't have to call it pure pwnage. He could be like, Jeremy from pure pwnage.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
QUOTE (Tom Bom @ Jul 5 2011, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not saying moneys an issue. I'm saying he could make more of it. and he doesn't have to call it pure pwnage. He could be like, Jeremy from pure pwnage.

Why does it matter to you if he's making money? It's not like he's gonna give you donations for the idea.

Tom Bom

Tom Bom
  • Members
  • 191 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Jul 5 2011, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does it matter to you if he's making money? It's not like he's gonna give you donations for the idea.

Certainly not but I would like to see him creating in some capacity, and if he can make a living doing it then why not?

Its just an idea. Calm down guise. Since Geoff wants to abandon PP, why not let Jarret still try and do something with it, even if its just the Jeremy Character?

Edited by Tom Bom, 09 July 2011 - 06:06 PM.

Lamphead

Lamphead
  • Members
  • 20 posts
Maybe money is an issue for ROFLMAO, but their creative integrity is the real reason why they won't do this.

..although if any member of the Pure Pwnage cast began a VLOG or ANYTHING on youtube, I will be the first to subscribe and pour money 8D

Edited by Lamphead, 13 July 2011 - 01:53 AM.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (Lamphead @ Jul 13 2011, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..although if any member of the Pure Pwnage cast began a VLOG or ANYTHING on youtube, I will be the first to subscribe and pour money 8D

Joel (FPS_Doug) does a podcast - SITMOS (Stuck In The Middle Of Somewhere)

Don't know much about the others...
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
I actually logged on my account just to point out that this has to be one of the most retarded threads I have ever read.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Enemyinsurgent

Enemyinsurgent
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Life
People still care about PP?

Giluc

Giluc
  • GA Private
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Consoles lol
  • Steam ID:Giluc
  • Xbox / GFWL:GilucZ
  • Wii:4205091662810049
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:4128
  • Company:Eta
It's a nice idea, but I honestly doubt that Pure Pwnage (or as here, Jeremy alone) would be able to attract that many new people. There's a lot of tough competition out there in YouTube land. Personally though, I would fucking love it. And even though I have no idea and definitely not enough knowledge to say it, I don't think it would be a hard job for Jarett + it would make a lot of PP fans happy.

I LIKE
CHOCOLATE MILK

ekodokcell

ekodokcell
  • Members
  • 4 posts
I'm not saying moneys an issue. I'm saying he could make more of it

NinjaGaijin

NinjaGaijin
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • xfire:sfalastninja
  • Interests:noise
wow fk you noob kids have attention spans the length of your you know whats.

This show is timeless and will be remembered by some of your.. ah, I mean, OTHER peoples grandkids.

No matter what, this show made me and others laugh. We were happy, we went to the live events. We had a bit of spirit. I personally had great fun heckling the noobs at those events.

So now, it seems like as I come here to check up whats happening, as it would be roughly time now at least for a new season.. and the TPB's are back in business in a weird new drug-related form... and find some dustballs flying around.

But that doesn't mean no one cares. It just means a whole lot of people are probably upset that.. this forum is probably now going to be the last thing to do with PP, at least for 'new content'.. ie none but what you create in memory.

I for one am here to poke the producers out of their fog.. COMPROMISE! Don't let disagreements ruin what you've built.

Thinktank brainstorm and propose. If TV doesn't want it, maybe you could find some more energy to try something new... one more time?

I for one will give you ALL the artistic license you want. Just like the TPB, I won't mind WHAT type of thing you create. Whatever style or type of thing, as long as you put your heart into it, I will be happy!

Just how I find the Drunk & On Drugs show not nearly as good as Trailer Park Boys, I think similarly for the TV vs webisodes of PP...

But for both sets of creative producers... I also think a THIRD thing can be born, with the passion for change that came from your second outings.. as well as the experience of greatness from the first.

Just put your thinking caps on, don't rush - take your time but never give up. Keep slogging away at something .. and we'll be waiting on the other side.

Screw the haters, even if this is my last post here (mighty number 38 all up for me, or whatever).. let it be known I posted with passion. I love PP no matter what and I still want to get a t-shirt someday. The longer after it's deemed 'cool', the better icon_smile.gif

So stay in business, just for me at least icon_smile.gif

Maximum love from the weirdo eating starburst bags for breakfast while the old episodes were playing at the Astor in Windsor, Victoria Australia icon_smile.gif know that I can still own you at .. ahem.. that really crappy new updated version of America's Army.
soundcloud.com/ninja-gaijin

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I didn't read all the replies so excuse me if this has been mentioned BUT

1. It's almost impossible to make as much money as the top people on YouTube make.

2. The top PERSON has only hit the million dollar mark recently (the past month or so) and he's been on there for 4 years now. He also scams YouTube, cheats his audience and lies to anyone and everyone to stay on top.

3. Getting a Partnership is getting more and more difficult each and every day (although the boom headshot video probably got them a few offers in the past)

4. If they rebooted the PP series for a third time without finishing Episode 19, I'd probably lose all faith in humanity.

Wolfenbarg

Wolfenbarg
  • Members
  • 44 posts
I actually think this is a good idea. Not for a reboot, but just something to renew interest in continuing the show. It could also progress the narrative a bit further so episode 19 wouldn't start ridiculously far from episode 18 without any gaps filled in. At the very least, it could steer more people to this site so they can learn about the first real web series out there.

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (Wolfenbarg @ Aug 19 2011, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually think this is a good idea. Not for a reboot, but just something to renew interest in continuing the show. It could also progress the narrative a bit further so episode 19 wouldn't start ridiculously far from episode 18 without any gaps filled in. At the very least, it could steer more people to this site so they can learn about the first real web series out there.

The sentiment is nice, and I like your thinking in 'filling the gaps'.

However, in my experience, few people are interested in 'origins' or 'history' these days.

One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (oldSkool @ Aug 18 2011, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, in my experience, few people are interested in 'origins' or 'history' these days.

Aye, just look at Resident evil 5 (before I say this I'll mention I'm a fan of the old games and the new ones are terrible).

Fans of Resident Evil 4 were infuriated with the fact that they tried to force pre-RE4 knowledge down their throats and pre-RE4 fans were infuriated with them mucking up old content.

Basically if they wanted to work off of YouTube, what I'd suggest is just doing a 1 man show following Jeremy again. Like way back when. Forget the micro battles, the Masterer, the Tagis and the Daves etc.

I'd like to just see a Vlog (fictional / non-fictional) with Jeremy (or Jarett) being himself. Maybe have Doug jump in on a few episodes.

Just my opinion anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users