Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tf2 Is Now Free To Play?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
  • xfire:danielhall1993
  • Steam ID:pwnoob
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pwnoob93
  • PSN:vodka-n-chicken
  • Gamer Army ID:4712
  • Company:Gamma
What...the....fuck.

First of all, as much as I love Team Fortress 2, I hate what it has become. All these new updates with items you can buy for your character and stuff? It feels like it's just turning into some sort of MMO.

Now? Steam/Valve have announced Team Fortress 2 is now free to play. Sounds good, right? Well, no. I actually think it's a mega insult to those dedicated fans who actually spent money on the game. It's like releasing Call of Duty for free icon_confused.gif It's stupid. Now, we're gonna have all the n00b gamers getting involved.

LINK

Edited by Pwnoob, 24 June 2011 - 09:46 AM.

ihatepeace22

ihatepeace22
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • xfire:ihatepeace22
  • Steam ID:ihatepeace22
  • Wii:5559795349147542
All we get is a hat and a service that costs other people around 2$ pp_smiley12.gif

Pro chattin skillz

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
lol @ people complaining. It's bringing in more players and it doesn't affect you at all, the game came out like 4 years ago- who cares. Anyone who bought the game already are most likely the only people to ever buy it, just go tell your friends to DL it for free and kick their asses.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 24 2011, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol @ people complaining. It's bringing in more players and it doesn't affect you at all, the game came out like 4 years ago- who cares.

This, holy fuck.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Hat collection simulator with Korean style cash-shop becomes free. Wut.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ Jun 24 2011, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What...the....fuck.

First of all, as much as I love Team Fortress 2, I hate what it has become. All these new updates with items you can buy for your character and stuff? It feels like it's just turning into some sort of MMO.

TF2 has always been that: an attraction for casual players.

If anything, this update looks somewhat good because for once valve is introducing weapons that are not gigantic 'KILL ME' signs (like the rift/shogun weapons).
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,269 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
People should just quit their whining and either recruit the n00bs into becoming complete TF2 badasses or get some lolz out of wiping the floors with this new wave of players.

It's without a doubt a good thing, I played on a server today with no less than 6 medics on one team. SIX! I've never had so many people covering my back in-game, it's all win-win. If you haven't played the game yet, then you can for free; if you already have it, then here's some more free crap to use.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

I agree that it's good. Sure I paid for it when it came out... but still, back then in the Orange Box it was around $30 tops.. then it dropped to $20 a few years ago, now free. I'm cool with that. Vavle is no doubt the best PC game devs out there cause they make everything for PC then port to console just like DICE is starting to do. icon_smile.gif

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Jun 25 2011, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

I agree that it's good. Sure I paid for it when it came out... but still, back then in the Orange Box it was around $30 tops.. then it dropped to $20 a few years ago, now free. I'm cool with that. Vavle is no doubt the best PC game devs out there cause they make everything for PC then port to console just like DICE is starting to do. icon_smile.gif

Blizzard is better because they don't develop for consoles period.

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ Jun 24 2011, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, we're gonna have all the n00b gamers getting involved.

The same way how the free weekends and sales made the game into a noob hazing event. TF2 has gone downhill since the scout update tbh.

QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jun 25 2011, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blizzard is better because they don't develop for consoles period.

There is a good chance Diablo 3 is coming to console. Do you not remember Lost Vikings? Starcraft 64? rock and roll racing? Yeah...

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 25 2011, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The same way how the free weekends and sales made the game into a noob hazing event. TF2 has gone downhill since the scout update tbh.

There is a good chance Diablo 3 is coming to console. Do you not remember Lost Vikings? Starcraft 64? rock and roll racing? Yeah...

We'll see about D3. Blizzard wasn't Blizzard when they made Lost Vikings, and SC64 is widely regarded as terrible.

AKA:

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jun 25 2011, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We'll see about D3. Blizzard wasn't Blizzard when they made Lost Vikings, and SC64 is widely regarded as terrible.

http://apps.metacrit...n64/starcraft64

8 seconds in google

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 25 2011, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hear corporate reviews mean anything. CoD gets 80% every time a new one comes out, doesn't make it any less terrible.

AKA:

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jun 25 2011, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear corporate reviews mean anything. CoD gets 80% every time a new one comes out, doesn't make it any less terrible.

Okay I know you are trolling.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 25 2011, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay I know you are trolling.

Yeah you're right, CoD is actually the holy grail of video games, I'll stop now.

AKA:

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jun 25 2011, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going to say that while I DID enjoy Sc64, I agree. Most corporate reviews reviews shouldn't be trusted by anyone who actually wants to take the review seriously. I'm not going to say that they're all part of a reviewing bandwagon necessarily, but they all seem to have the exact same opinions on every game that comes out and I've never really seen them with their own actual thoughts on the game. I find that a little suspicious, therefore I don't take any of them seriously. In other words, fuck Metacritic.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

The only game on console valve made mediocre was Counter-Strike on the original Xbox.. it was not too great, but still a half decent shooter. All their current games are all fun on console, albeit I do still prefer PC versions since the controls are much better.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Jun 26 2011, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

The only game on console valve made mediocre was Counter-Strike on the original Xbox.. it was not too great, but still a half decent shooter. All their current games are all fun on console, albeit I do still prefer PC versions since the controls are much better.

I agree but i dislike how Valve has neglected updating TF2 on teh Xbox. Probably the reason you can never find a game online.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

Well before they said they didn't want to bring it to Xbox360 or PS3 yet until they are done all the updates on the PC... so we'll see if they do. At this rate? I doubt they'll be working on TF2 updates for the Xbox360 or PS3 cause they should hopefully be doing HL2 EP3 or HL3 since it's been so long since I've done some epic Dr. Freeman campaign. icon_razz.gif

I know a lot of people are asking for Counter-Strike 2... but what the hell they gonna do? Revamp the graphics? If that's all they do people will complain, if they change the weapons in any form or add new guns? They'll complain that CS2 is retarded (remember the Tac Shield in CS1.6 that pretty much all servers disabled? Remember Dynamic Weapon Pricing in CSS that eventually vanished and is no longer part of the game cause there was a time the DEagle was $8,000 and the Mac10 was $90?).

Anywho? I hope this means that TF2 is done being worked on and that more Vavle goodness is to come! icon_smile.gif

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
WoW is going to consoles, believe it.

Last year my GF was playtesting WoW on some STRANGE portable devices. I don't think this meant that it was coming out on portable devices; it's just they didn't want to use any real consoles as they would have to port a beta version on to it?

They where these pretty bulky things with small LCD monitors, with very crudely attached controllers.
Wait what the fuck am I talking about?

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 27 June 2011 - 03:49 AM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users