Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Star Trail Videos

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

GrimMasterShadowFlash

GrimMasterShadowFlash
  • Members
  • 732 posts
  • xfire:mikemayhem1234
Hey guys! I got inspired by this video here. Can somebody explain how you would make this in final cut? or perhaps some other editing software that works with mac? Thanks in advance.
RX-7's fo' life yo.

JazzyFizzle

JazzyFizzle
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Gurkanwal;
QUOTE (GrimMasterShadowFlash @ Jun 24 2011, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys! I got inspired by this video here. Can somebody explain how you would make this in final cut? or perhaps some other editing software that works with mac? Thanks in advance.

HOW IN THE WORLD has no one replied to this? Its not sad to say that i created a Pure Pwnage account just to answer you. I was pushed rather, because a few active users suggested i friggin signed up already xD

What kinda of gear do you have? Can you go to extremely high ISOs? Even if not, theres a few things you have to take into consideration besides technical camera settings (which isnt technically difficult at ALL) are variable likes, where you are at night, can you see the stars with your eyes? Is there too much light pollution? What part of the sky are you lookin at? Do you have an intervalometer?

in reality you are getting star trails of the earths movement so over a long period of time say, and hour or 2, you will get long trails. How do you do this? Thers a couple different ways. if you take a picture of the stars zoomed all the way out at 18mm with a standard lens you will see trailing after 30 secs. You need to in all gather frames from 30 mins to an hour. You can use a remote on bulb to take a picture thats 30 mins long, but say good bye to your battery. A better way and efficient way is to take a buttload of photos bout 20-30 secs each, and important them into photoshop and change the layer properties to overlay, of soft light, or lighten, i forget, but you will get the star trails. And if you want them to MOVE like in a video, then you can also do that in photoshop. Which would be a huge tutorial all in its own if you dont have much experience.

Hope you figured it out man icon_biggrin.gif

heres one a did a while ago with my Nikon D40

]http://jasmanmander.com/image/stars!!.jpg

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • xfire:Spieku
  • Steam ID:Re
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sensemia420
Jazz does some really good stuff up here in Oregon when it comes to things like this he speaks the truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users