Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My New Wow Music Video: Werewolves With Top Hats

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Michelle Kenobi

Michelle Kenobi
  • Members
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, filmmaking, video games. I direct geeky webseries (Boomer's Day Off, The Real Sims) at youtube.com/kill9tv
  • Steam ID:michellekenobi
Hey Guys,

I know it's been a long time, but I thought I'd come visit for old times sake and mention I made a World of Warcraft-inspired music video. It tells the tale of Toby McBane who gets turned into a Worgen and makes some furry friends...

Oh and this is my first time starring in my own videos too. I thought it's be fun to try being on the other side of the camera. I sing too and wrote the lyrics. My DJ friend John Jolley helped me arrange the music and I had tons of volunteer friends help make the costumes, make food for the crew, etc. Fan donations funded the project. It was a few hundred bucks.

Werewolves with Top Hats music video (available on iTunes too)!

Next video is going to be about Portal. I already wrote the song and my more musically talented friends are helping me arrange it and add instrumentals. icon_smile.gif

The song is for sale for 50 cents on bandcamp. I've already made three whole dollars! Which... I have to split with John. Eventually I might be able to buy an ice cream cone.

Michelle Osorio, Writer and Director of
Boomer's Day Off - a Left 4 Dead web series

The Real Sims - my latest live-action web series

Kill9 StudiosBlogTwitter ● YouTube

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
Never played WoW - so if there's an "in-joke" / reference, I don't get it icon_razz.gif

But I like the lyrics, and singing - got a great voice icon_smile.gif - particularly that story telling / ode style.
The music felt out of place, and mish-mashy at parts (only because it felt too different in contrast to the lyrical style / content).

Overall, a good effort icon_smile.gif

I wait for your portal song/video with baited breath icon_wink.gif
One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

Michelle Kenobi

Michelle Kenobi
  • Members
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, filmmaking, video games. I direct geeky webseries (Boomer's Day Off, The Real Sims) at youtube.com/kill9tv
  • Steam ID:michellekenobi
Thanks. Yeah it's my first real song so there is still a lot to learn. I wouldn't say it was a practice run, but there was definitely the intention of doing this one first to be better prepared for the Portal music video, "Me and My Companion Cube." I'll let you know what that's out. Hopefully in a couple of months. icon_smile.gif

Michelle Osorio, Writer and Director of
Boomer's Day Off - a Left 4 Dead web series

The Real Sims - my latest live-action web series

Kill9 StudiosBlogTwitter ● YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users