Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call Of Duty To Introduce Monthly Subscription Fee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
It was only a matter of time.
My favorite part:
Activision Blizzard Inc. plans to launch an online service called Call of Duty Elite this fall that will work with the next major edition of the game, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 31 May 2011 - 09:01 AM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (cadetduke @ May 31 2011, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
k.

In my day we were warned and had posting suspended for posts like that.

What additional services are provided? Exclusive lobbies? Better weapons and perks? Exclusive maps? Maybe some ACTUAL BALANCE? Doubt it. You will pay this money monthly and get content when they decide to throw it at you.

Its my take on the "Investment".

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
I would be more than willing to accept a monthly fee, if they spent more time making the game, and didn't release a new 1 every year. I love cod but my monthly fee is already 5$ a month, probably more like 7$ after map packs. They're fucking joking if they think that I'm going to pay that.

Especially after when this shit was leaked like a year or two ago after the subscription fee page appeared on some guys screen, and they denied everything, saying some bullshit a long the lines of "we have to plans now, or in the future to charge a monthly subscription fee." Then they come out with this shit.

I honestly can't see them coming out with any content that would make this worth it.

/rage

There's only 1 think i can think of that would make me want to pay a monthly subscription fee.

If they made it on the council so that i could have complete control of my lobbies. I mean if some ass hat comes in and is running around with an rpg i could ban him from playing with me. Or if some kid is just getting stomped on by me and my friends we could ban him in an attempt to get a higher levels of players in our games.

Kind of similar to how a private server works on other games.

I would be willing to pay for that. Of course it would have to include the map packs, and other shit, like constant gun updates, new perks, them actually fixing glitches and shit. I wouldn't be willing to pay extra for anything else if i was paying a monthly subscription,.

but since there's a strong possibility that i wont be getting the game anyways i'm not to concerned about it.
come watch my sc2 stream!!!
And follow me on twitter!

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
  • xfire:vaughnlesterinoz
  • Steam ID:teh_HyDr0iD
Bwahahahahaahaa!!! I knew this would happen. I don't even play COD anymore, completely stopped when I got Starcraft 2.

Intel Core i7 870 | Corsair H50 Watercooler | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600MHz
Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy GTX 460 768MB SLI | OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD
2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD RAID-0 | Corsair HX850W PSU | Samsung Blu-Ray

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
Apparently there will be more details on this tomorrow in the AM. The word around the net right now is that "COD Elite" (the name of the subscription) will be free. However there will be some paid aspects of it.

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

DaemonXx

DaemonXx
  • Members
  • 3 posts
i'd probably be willing to play the monthly fee since i have tournaments coming up an stuff, gotta practice :/

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
I've been thinking this would happen since World at War. What's Activision gonna do when people finally get fed up with CoD? Do they have anything to fall back on?

EDIT: Found this trailer for it.

They're advertising a lot of features that are available for free in many other games. They may not be first party applications but still, you'd have to be some sort of fool to think this shit is worth it.

Edited by Andrack, 31 May 2011 - 12:28 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
My guess is, every sheep who plays CoD will buy it and think that it's something new and revolutionary.

It's a shame you can already do things like this on PC for free as well as the fact as you can technically do it all in games like Halo. The worst part about this is, Activision will succeed, make loads of money off it then not realize what they did was wrong... fucking shame.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (cadetduke @ May 31 2011, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
k.

Dirge is right. I'm deleting this post cadetduke, if ya wanna contribute? actually contribute.

deleting small post that doesn't add any conversation.-ThE_MarD

Now, as for the cod-monthly thing? haha, yeah finally switched from yearly subscription to monthly eh? That's silly. I wonder if they'll go the APB reloaded route and have a free to play mode or if it's just pay to play... we'll see I guess... either way? Fuck no from me, done with the COD series. COD Black Ops was fucking retarded how fucked it is on PC, fucking shitty port that ran like ass and the maps were still pretty small. Fuck COD.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 1 2011, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guess is, every sheep who plays CoD will buy it and think that it's something new and revolutionary.

It's a shame you can already do things like this on PC for free as well as the fact as you can technically do it all in games like Halo. The worst part about this is, Activision will succeed, make loads of money off it then not realize what they did was wrong... fucking shame.

This.

It's either going to break the game and nobody will play it ... but we know that won't happen .. or like CakeCom said, I won't bother repeating it.

Kids these days have no idea what gaming used to be like *sigh*

Edgeworth

Edgeworth
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • xfire:ejwerf
  • Interests:Making music, gaming, sports.
Hope its expensive and drives people away from CoD and the DLC industry so we can start seeing some properly made games instead of this minor update £40 bullshit that they put out each year.
[Objection!]

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (Edgeworth @ Jun 1 2011, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope its expensive and drives people away from CoD and the DLC industry so we can start seeing some properly made games instead of this minor update £40 bullshit that they put out each year.

You mean $120 AUD.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ May 31 2011, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kids these days have no idea what gaming used to be like

What did gaming used to be like?

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 1 2011, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What did gaming used to be like?

Fun.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Jun 1 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fun.

But young gamers now days find these kinds of games fun. So kinda a silly point.
Just like this cod monthly thing is silly. From what I've gathered its just alot of information that any respectable developer would give for free.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
I'd like you all to check out the size of the dislike bar on this youtube video.

*tear* there may be hope for the cod community after all

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts

Although I personally think this guy is just taking advantage of a bad situation for views + Favourites, I support this cause so I did so. I think we all should, it's true- Activision has to realize that this is a stupid ass move on their part.

Edited by CakeCom, 01 June 2011 - 01:07 PM.

flamefleir

flamefleir
  • Members
  • 197 posts
maybe COD elite will be similar to NBA elite?

http://www.youtube.com/user/flamefleir
http://us.battle.net...oukoku/advanced
http://us.battle.net...achine/advanced
QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Jun 23 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol @ these noobs who don't know who flamefleir is.

Elite-Tek

Elite-Tek

MotmNov07/teh_greeterer/Best Overall Poster & PP-StuffSavant

• GA Private
  • 3,943 posts
  • xfire:Elite-Tek
  • Interests:Pure Pwnage Fan Meets.<br /><br />The Fan Meet Regulars.<br /><br />Traveling.<br /><br />Helping out the less fortunate.
  • Xbox / GFWL:EliteTek
  • PSN:To Be Announced
  • Wii:To Be Announced
Weighing down what used to be a pretty light-weight game. Socially entangling this with Facebook and other additional horsecraps is a room emptier.

Also, "I don't know much about computers, except for the one i've got at home, my mum put a couple of games on it.." HELP COMPUTER.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- [ :: THIS JUST IN :: ] -
Danoli3 - With a Boost of Sard says:
George Kovacs was a black man
EliteTek says : Sigged.

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • xfire:lewdis65
  • Interests:Video games and soccer
  • Steam ID:lewdis65
  • PSN:Lewdis
Just to clarify for everyone.. Everything that was free before in previous CoD games is going to remain free and I highly doubt they will add weapons/perks/any useable things in-game with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users