Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call Of Duty To Introduce Monthly Subscription Fee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jun 8 2011, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TBH, I'd be more inclined to read all of the content instead of just a few sentences if you provided cliffs. That goes for everyone icon_wink.gif

By this to you mean go over everything that people bitch about and make one large paper?

If so...i'm not really sure why I haven't done this already. It would take an amazing amount of time though.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Look Spiri, I honestly have/had nothing against you or this game personally. I enjoyed many hours of the game, just because of it's addictive and replayability qualities. I know to you it may appear that I'm just a PC / Battlefield Fanboy (especially since I love the old Battlefield games, new ones didn't feel right imo tho) but I really don't have any favourite shooter games. My favourite games are all survival horror, RPGs and RTS- I dont even really care much for the genre. But as I've repeated many times (and this will be the last time) there's so many problems with the gameplay (more specifically certain design choices made by the developers) that I cannot honestly say this is as good a game as you claim it is. I can call it an average shooter, and that's pushing it. Counter-Strike is an above-average shooter by my standards and Battlefield 2 / TF2 would be the best shooters I've ever played. I've told you why many times, your replies are always along the lines of "But it's got many guns and I can get headshots" and my replies are always just more problems with the game. There's problems I haven't even mentioned that people in this community as well as many other communities already talk about nonstop so I could go on forever.

The point is, this fight is totally pointless. You just turn the argument into a fight between two babies and a rattle, which takes up a lot of time and effort to try to properly bother with without insulting you personally or just totally ripping on this game. In other words, I am literally done with this argument in this thread, but the next time you start the argument I will continue to argue and I'll continue to win the argument as I'm the only one out of the two of us to actually supply reasoning and facts for my offense/defense towards the game. You've even accepted the hard fact that the auto-aim is ridiculous, something that in a shooter can't really be overlooked. But yep, done here. If I see you making the MW2 argument again I'll be sure to go against you and I'll be sure to continue to argue that the game is just an average, if not below average game.

Edited by CakeCom, 08 June 2011 - 05:47 PM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 8 2011, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look Spiri, I honestly have/had nothing against you or this game personally. I enjoyed many hours of the game, just because of it's addictive and replayability qualities. I know to you it may appear that I'm just a PC / Battlefield Fanboy (especially since I love the old Battlefield games, new ones didn't feel right imo tho) but I really don't have any favourite shooter games. My favourite games are all survival horror, RPGs and RTS- I dont even really care much for the genre. But as I've repeated many times (and this will be the last time) there's so many problems with the gameplay (more specifically certain design choices made by the developers) that I cannot honestly say this is as good a game as you claim it is. I can call it an average shooter, and that's pushing it. Counter-Strike is an above-average shooter by my standards and Battlefield 2 / TF2 would be the best shooters I've ever played. I've told you why many times, your replies are always along the lines of "But it's got many guns and I can get headshots" and my replies are always just more problems with the game. There's problems I haven't even mentioned that people in this community as well as many other communities already talk about nonstop so I could go on forever.

The point is, this fight is totally pointless. You just turn the argument into a fight between two babies and a rattle, which takes up a lot of time and effort to try to properly bother with without insulting you personally or just totally ripping on this game. In other words, I am literally done with this argument in this thread, but the next time you start the argument I will continue to argue and I'll continue to win the argument as I'm the only one out of the two of us to actually supply reasoning and facts for my offense/defense towards the game. You've even accepted the hard fact that the auto-aim is ridiculous, something that in a shooter can't really be overlooked. But yep, done here. If I see you making the MW2 argument again I'll be sure to go against you and I'll be sure to continue to argue that the game is just an average, if not below average game.

I also have/had nothing against you personally. My issue is and has always been that people attack this game as if it's the worst piece of shit that's ever touched the earth.....you know what. This little block of text here started out good then just turned into more of your obnoxious bullshit.

Final response: you've given one valid argument. You have zero understanding of this game, and I'm guessing have little understanding of most games. You're right in saying you've stated your argument many times. I've forced you into a corner multiple times, and you've eaten your own words on multiple occasions. If this argument is a fight between two babies it's because of you not me.

You're a fool if you think you've won this argument.

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 08 June 2011 - 06:04 PM.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SnD. Which is teh master race of game types in CoD

If the game wasn't broken (note: I didn't type imbalanced) then yeah, HC SnD could be fun... but since Counter-Strike has done it for over 10 years, and continues to do it better, I really don't see the point in playing that mode in an inferior game.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit: Wow, I must've been tired last night. I meant to link an "Irony" picture, and instead threw in a Sarcasm Guy video. Ouch. This is why you should never operate the internet without proper sleep.

Edited by Original Sin, 09 June 2011 - 09:05 AM.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,103 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The knife is not over powered.

I agree with this. Having a dedicated knife button, or a knife that you can whip out without switching your weapon is.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is, is i haven't heard an argument that has proven that anything is any more broken in ANY of the cod games than it typically is in any other shit like bf that is floating around.

Set sail for Logical fallacy island! Destination? Argument from Personal Incredulity. No English or grammar required!

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a come back to this conversation tomorrow after you've had time to cool off.

Don't post like this. You aren't an internet tough guy.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 7 2011, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid,

Ironic. Is this the best argument you can propose? I see constant ad hominem attacks from you. You cannot argue worth shit, so don't think your point is valid because you can call some guy a name for being wrong.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't argue son. You're posts are full of logical fallacies filled with ignorance and lack of facts that dissalow anyone to see the point of the argument you are trying to make. Its even more of a pain in the ass to read your posts since they lack coherent English. Might I remind you This is primarily English forum. If we manage to read your posts its nothing but incessant fanboy bullshit and entitled whining. You constantly attack other forum members instead of hearing what they have to say. Why so defensive?
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now, back on topic with Call of Duty Modern Warfare THREE...

Stoked for the single player. Day 1 pirate.

Edited by Dirge, 09 June 2011 - 04:49 AM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 9 2011, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You constantly attack other forum members instead of hearing what they have to say. Why so defensive?

(Only part of this worth responding to.)
Because the real irony is that there's been 100x the insults thrown at me then the other way around.

You're post is proof of that.

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,103 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 9 2011, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Only part of this worth responding to.)
Because the real irony is that there's been 100x the insults thrown at me then the other way around.

You're post is proof of that.

Point out where I had insulted you. Do it.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 9 2011, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Argument from Personal Incredulity.

Implying that I'm closed minded.

Don't post like this. You aren't an internet tough guy.

Trying to insult my personality by accusing me of trying to be something i'm not trying to be.

You cannot argue worth shit

You probably think this is a fact, although i take it as an insult.

You're posts are full of logical fallacies filled with ignorance and lack of facts

I'm the only one here using facts. So calling me ignorant is based on nothing. Which means it's not fact, which means it was a baseless insult.

its nothing but incessant fanboy bullshit and entitled whining.

Once again not true. Which again makes it an insult.

You constantly attack other forum members instead of hearing what they have to say. Why so defensive?

I don't attack others unless they attack first.

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,103 posts
You addressed this all out of context. You are either trolling, don't know better, or really stupid. Not worth my time.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 9 2011, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You addressed this all out of context. You are either trolling, don't know better, or really stupid. Not worth my time.

More insults, and left me with no real way to respond. Congrats I guess you win.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 9 2011, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More insults, and left me with no real way to respond. Congrats I guess you win.

It's because it seems like you post just to piss people off. Then people respond and it looks like they're feeding a troll.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jun 9 2011, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's because it seems like you post just to piss people off. Then people respond and it looks like they're feeding a troll.

Indeed * 100

Also I think the topic here was the retarded addition of a price to features that everyone else features for free.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 9 2011, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's a troll. I can't believe people don't get this yet, and are still posting. Quite successful tbh.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jun 9 2011, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's a troll. I can't believe people don't get this yet, and are still posting. Quite successful tbh.

I don't fully agree with this. I think he is legitimately angry that everyone dislikes his game and is using trolling as a tool to make his arguments seem valid.

Skul1Candy

Skul1Candy
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skul1Candy
This is generally why I dont go on forums, because a thread that was meant to be about COD monthly fees (wtfing stupid fuck, no way they would do that right?) ends up to be a few guys argueing bullshit for 2 pages.
anyways, to put in my two cents, I like COD, it would be my favourite game if it wasnt for snipers, I get that its fair because I could take my time and they wouldn't get such easy kills of me, but thats not the way I like to play.
knives are not overpowered. need them to balance out the shotgunners and so any other player has any chance at all to survive at close range.
and I dont get why people rage so hard at a game they dont like? wtf/ if you dont like it, why is it getting all your attention? why not be talking up a game you do like; makes no sense to me.

also, i'll admit to being pretty noob, black ops is the only COD ive ever played [online] and I dont know if theres anyway to save clips you take from games in theater except for in your file share?
You remind me of GAY

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 9 2011, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/facepalm

Something I agree with. The guy above Spiri made a very ironic post.

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,103 posts
QUOTE (Skul1Candy @ Jun 9 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is generally why I dont go on forums, because a thread that was meant to be about COD monthly fees (wtfing stupid fuck, no way they would do that right?) ends up to be a few guys argueing bullshit for 2 pages.

Moderators shape the community, whether they are here or not.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
omg can we get a mod here.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
omg can we get a mod here.

You get told what everyone who is reading this thread is thinking, and you cry for a mod? Have some fucking spine if your going to start an argument.

Edited by ThrashTitan, 09 June 2011 - 11:05 PM.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (trollisdildos @ Jun 10 2011, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So even though I feel like I will get banned for this, I feel like what I have posted is the most beneficial and on topic post in this whole pointless thread. Your all mad, because your all dumb asses.

*You're

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users