Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call Of Duty To Introduce Monthly Subscription Fee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Woa. Wait a second.

I think I might have a quote a little more ironic than this.

"Brevity is the soul of wit"
-Polonius

Let me get this straight. You and a group of friends *holding back laughter here* actually get together, go on Modern Warfare 2 and point out people who are trying a game, no sorry trying to drain the fun out of a terrible situation (game), and actually have the balls to harass them and call them a "new age gamer"? Well, I mean since you're the one defending a new age game that's totally appropriate.

Edited by CakeCom, 07 June 2011 - 11:28 PM.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 7 2011, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

I don't even.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jun 8 2011, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even.

^At least I wasn't the only one to see it, thought I was reading it wrong or something

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 7 2011, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woa. Wait a second.

I think I might have a quote a little more ironic than this.

"Brevity is the soul of wit"
-Polonius

Let me get this straight. You and a group of friends *holding back laughter here* actually get together, go on Modern Warfare 2 and point out people who are trying a game, no sorry trying to drain the fun out of a terrible situation (game), and actually have the balls to harass them and call them a "new age gamer"? Well, I mean since you're the one defending a new age game that's totally appropriate.

You got this all wrong. On almost every single lvl dude. We never initiate smack talk, on top of that we don't even call most people this word to there face because we made it up our selves. (not claiming it's clever btw) Meaning most people wont even know what we mean.

I play lots of games. And when ever we run into kids like you in ANY GAME. That includes every console fps/3ps. RTS games, fighting games, and racing games (not nearly as common though) that's how we communicate to each other that this kid could be muted, ignored and in extreme cases (ohhh noooos) be given a bad player review. (i'm such a horrible person)

Any kid who:

Who refuses to learn to play the game, and instead finds stupid ways of claiming that the game is imbalanced, or unfair

Claims that there are very few "real ways" to play a game. Instead of embracing all play styles and learning to counter with them.

Pretends that there rank within a game means anything, and talks shit about yours before they've even seen you play.
(just crapped on a team of Eclipses who thought they were hot shit in halo the other day)

and brag about there ranking on websites like mlgpro and gamebattles, then continue to insult the fact that you're not ranked in that game even after you've beaten them.

People who act like people like hutch, optic (name one), or any of the other youtube faggots are gods who should be worshiped.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW. YOU'VE BEEN LUMPED IN WITH THESE FAGGOTS!!!1!!
^^
lol fake anger

come watch my sc2 stream!!!
And follow me on twitter!

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You got this all wrong. On almost every single lvl dude. We never initiate smack talk, on top of that we don't even call most people this word to there face because we made it up our selves. (not claiming it's clever btw) Meaning most people wont even know what we mean.

I play lots of games. And when ever we run into kids like you in ANY GAME. That includes every console fps/3ps. RTS games, fighting games, and racing games (not nearly as common though) that's how we communicate to each other that this kid could be muted, ignored and in extreme cases (ohhh noooos) be given a bad player review. (i'm such a horrible person)

Any kid who:

Who refuses to learn to play the game, and instead finds stupid ways of claiming that the game is imbalanced, or unfair

Claims that there are very few "real ways" to play a game. Instead of embracing all play styles and learning to counter with them.

Pretends that there rank within a game means anything, and talks shit about yours before they've even seen you play.
(just crapped on a team of Eclipses who thought they were hot shit in halo the other day)

and brag about there ranking on websites like mlgpro and gamebattles, then continue to insult the fact that you're not ranked in that game even after you've beaten them.

People who act like people like hutch, optic (name one), or any of the other youtube faggots are gods who should be worshiped.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW. YOU'VE BEEN LUMPED IN WITH THESE FAGGOTS!!!1!!
^^
lol fake anger

But... you used the term New Age Gamer...

A New Age Gamer would be the person defending the New Age game, not the person arguing against the New Age game. You're making fun of yourself then coming up with a definition for the term with no explanation at all.

and who the fuck tells the kid there's something wrong with them (even if you're ironically insulting yourself)? There's something wrong with 90% of the kids on Xbox, they don't stfu- who cares. Why bother. You're basically getting a bunch of grown men to insult children who are just enjoying their video games. And if you don't literally mean kids and mean the people who argue that the game is bad (which Modern Warfare is, I don't care what your crew of marry men say) then stop calling them kids, it makes your vocabulary look like that of a 6 year old and it's fairly annoying trying to tell whether you literally mean children or you're just making up definitions for words again.

Every time you begin, get into or end this argument you make yourself sound like a New Age Kid or w/e the fuck you're calling these people. The statement you made above is probably the most ironic thing and likely one of the funniest things I have ever read concerning this argument.

*quick edit* also, I dont think I ever said I refused to learn the lessons the game taught- as pathetic as the lessons are. I actually believe I said I played the game for months on end, learned the game and blew pretentious bastards like you away with a sniper while sipping back a cup of tea and reading some Roahl Dahl in between kills. You assume you know how I played your "incredibly difficult, thousands of classes, totally unique game" yet you've never once seen me play- all I've said is I quick scope with the intervention. If the game was as unique and had as much variety as you say, then my playstyle should be totally unpredictable.

Edited by CakeCom, 08 June 2011 - 12:07 AM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 7 2011, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But... you used the term New Age Gamer...

A New Age Gamer would be the person defending the New Age game, not the person arguing against the New Age game. You're making fun of yourself then coming up with a definition for the term with no explanation at all.

rant involving xbox

Every time you begin, get into or end this argument you make yourself sound like a New Age Kid or w/e the fuck you're calling these people. The statement you made above is probably the most ironic thing and likely one of the funniest things I have ever read concerning this argument.

They're called new age gamers because they're (typically) the idiots who came into the gaming thing late. They have some superior attitude despite the fact that they don't understand how to overcome simple obstacles.

It's not somebody who enjoys new games, it's somebody who doesn't understand games. It's this new attitude where if you aren't winning there's obviously a problem with the game and not with you. (and let me state for the record...I don't think you're winning) Most of all, it's not necessarily somebody who's new to gaming, but has this new idea that you shouldn't have to adapt.

If you would have read you would have seen that i said we don't call people this as an insult. It's a term we use among ourselves. So that if we're all joining each other games at different times, we don't have to got through the process of learning who to mute and ignore.

As for the kid thing you're right. I call everybody kid and it's really a problem. People 5 or more years older than me get pissed because I call pretty much everybody i don't care about kid.

Didn't mean to make a whole deal out of this. (a prime example of why we don't use it as an insult.)

QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 7 2011, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And dude,...it's my term. I get to define it not you. like lol.

*quick edit* (mocking fashion)
funny thing about the word pretentious, is i'd actually have to PRETEND to be better than you.
But of course i'm sure i'm not. How could i be when you can read and play cod at the same time.

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 08 June 2011 - 12:51 AM.

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
I think you're forgetting one thing CakeCum... you're arguing with a guy that can't hold a 1.5/1 K/D ratio in MW2.

He's obviously terrible, and therefore his opinion on anything FPS wise is invalid.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jun 8 2011, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This guy again?

Get the quote? It's a joke because there's nothing actually there. lolololol

I'm going to sleep. I get way to obnoxious when i'm tired. i stop worrying about arguments and just start insulting people. Which is made all the worse because i'm bad at it.

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 08 June 2011 - 12:56 AM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jun 8 2011, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you're forgetting one thing CakeCum... you're arguing with a guy that can't hold a 1.5/1 K/D ratio in MW2.

He's obviously terrible, and therefore his opinion on anything FPS wise is invalid.

Ah so that's what this is, good to know for future reference.

Oh and your explanation of the New Age thing still makes no sense, as if you're defending CoD then you're the one who appears to be a little late to the gaming world.

Oh and yeah I forgot when you put a few words together it's suddenly your term with it's own random definition. If that's the case my new term for you is Yellow Potato and the definition of Yellow Potato is someone who chooses to defend a terrible game with all of his soul.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 8 2011, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah so that's what this is, good to know for future reference.

Oh and your explanation of the New Age thing still makes no sense.

And cakecum continues with his record of not understanding simple concepts. It's seriously like you only read the parts of my posts that you want to and ignore the rest.

And don't start letting original mess with your mind dude. He's terrible at cod.

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 08 June 2011 - 07:53 AM.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And cakecum continues with his record of not understanding simple concepts. It's seriously like you only read the parts of my posts that you want to and ignore the rest.

And don't start letting original mess with your mind dude. He's terrible at cod.

This entire post is so ironic, that I'm now sure you're trying to be a terrible troll.

Edited by Original Sin, 08 June 2011 - 09:02 AM.

monsoonlol.png

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jun 8 2011, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This entire post is so ironic, that I'm now sure you're trying to be a terrible troll.

go back to crap. If i wanted your shit opinions anymore, then i would ask for them.

As retarded as he is at least cakecom seens to be able to think about what he's saying for 3 seconds before he posts.

Nothing I've seen you post has ever had any real content behind it. And no, you're not a realist you're a douche-bag.

Maybe this is more your language...

ITT: trolls pretending not to be trolls calling other people trolls. ^^^lululul dubs hurr derrr
<<insert stupid picture here.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
go back to crap. If i wanted your shit opinions anymore, then i would ask for them.

As retarded as he is at least cakecom seens to be able to think about what he's saying for 3 seconds before he posts.

Nothing I've seen you post has ever had any real content behind it. And no, you're not a realist you're a douche-bag.

Maybe this is more your language...

ITT: trolls pretending not to be trolls calling other people trolls. ^^^lululul dubs hurr derrr
<<insert stupid picture here.

And this just further cements my previous post.

Bravo spiri seven united states. If I could thumb up profiles, yours would be at the top of my list.

monsoonlol.png

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jun 8 2011, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And this just further cements my previous post.

Bravo spiri seven united states. If I could thumb up profiles, yours would be at the top of my list.

Not really sure what you're saying....

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was replying with this image regardless of what you posted.

monsoonlol.png

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jun 8 2011, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had this in blops, but then got it knocked down to 1.49/1.48 after a few months of not playing. Game is easy though.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ignore the rest.

Your posts are garbage, what's the point in reading them?
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jun 8 2011, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had this in blops, but then got it knocked down to 1.49/1.48 after a few months of not playing. Game is easy though.

I assume you're a casual player, though. From what I remember, he had well over 300 hours played of MW2 at the time.

Kills were a lot easier to get in MW2 with compounding kill streaks as well.

monsoonlol.png

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jun 8 2011, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was replying with this image regardless of what you posted.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jun 8 2011, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your posts are garbage, what's the point in reading them?

If by garbage you mean that I don't waste my time with proper grammar or spelling then you are indeed correct.
If you have a problem with the content itself then i would support you trying to disprove anything that I've said. The fact of the matter is that whenever one of these guys gives a real problem, whether that be, with a perk, or kill streaks, or play styles. I tell them how to beat it. I should be charging, I'm not a coach people. I've chopped up every "argument" (lose term there, i get better one's from the 5 year olds on xbox.) that you guys have supplied, and completely dis proven them. It's clearly made some of you butt sore which is fine. I know i'm an irritating person to argue with. Happens when you only argue about subject you actually know what you're talking about in.

The 3 most important things to remember here are as follows.

1. Please don't confuse majority for being the correct party. It's just the majority.
2. Please don't confuse you guys being better at smack talk, for being correct.
3. I'm being a giant asshole right now because nobodys presented a valid argument for an entire page.

QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jun 8 2011, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kills were a lot easier to get in MW2 with compounding kill streaks as well.

Really that only happens if the kids you're playing with don't know how to shoot down kill streaks, and if you're not playing SnD. Which is teh master race of game types in CoD

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 7 2011, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*snip*

Acknowledge game has autoaim, persist in arguing about game balance anyway.

/Mildly amused
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jun 8 2011, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I assume you're a casual player, though. From what I remember, he had well over 300 hours played of MW2 at the time.

How ever many hours it took me to prestige 2.5 times on my main account and 1+ prestige on my dummy, fun account. But hours played != what type of player you are. I'm sure a lot of casuals have 300+ hours played. Though between MW2 and Blops I doubt I even come close to half of that.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have a problem with the content itself then i would support you trying to disprove anything that I've said.

TBH, I'd be more inclined to read all of the content instead of just a few sentences if you provided cliffs. That goes for everyone icon_wink.gif

Edit: I honestly had no idea why people bitched about quick scoping until a few weeks ago. I finally watched some vids and was loling at how easy it was for them to get kills and made me feel better about how many times I died to them when I did play MW2.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users