Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call Of Duty To Introduce Monthly Subscription Fee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Secondary's are primary weapons. They built in overkill. Which is fine with me. Everybody has it so it's not like you can't whip out a shotgun.

Maybe this is another one of those things that i don't see as a problem because it just doesn't effect me anymore? I guess i'll just group this in with noob tubes and kill streaks, things other people seem to think are OP and imbalanced but i've just adjusted to and learned to deal with.

Yeah, but it has nothing to do with learning to deal with. You shouldn't have to adjust to or learn to deal with anything. This is the key point you're missing: A game shouldn't have this many flaws to deal with. It should be tested, not in the final product but in a beta where people go "Oh hey, that idea there doesn't really work. You're killing 10 people withing a few seconds while not putting yourself in harms way at all" not "Let's throw a new CoD on the market once a year and noone will notice the flaws".

even when people acknowledge the flaws, the shit doesn't get fixed. There were hackers in MW2 from launch date to when black ops came out, when Black Ops mde all it's sales they finally decided to solve the then pointless problem.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 6 2011, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but it has nothing to do with learning to deal with. You shouldn't have to adjust to or learn to deal with anything.

What if everybody that played Sc2 had this attitude?

Why should I have to add hydras to my build just because the toss went Vrays?
(i'm sure this isn't the perfect comparison but w/e)

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if everybody that played Sc2 had this attitude?

Why should I have to add hydras to my build just because the toss went Vrays?
(i'm sure this isn't the perfect comparison but w/e)

Comparing Starcraft 2 to Modern Warfare is like comparing swiss chocolate to donkey shit.

Learning from Starcraft 2 isn't based on broken mechanics, you learn strategies in RTS that counter your opponents strategies. Hence the term, Real-Time Strategy.
You are specifically talking about learning how broken mechanics work in MW2 and then either take advantage of or avoid the mechanics.

Edited by CakeCom, 06 June 2011 - 06:09 PM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 6 2011, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Comparing Starcraft 2 to Modern Warfare is like comparing swiss chocolate to donkey shit.

Learning from Starcraft 2 isn't based on broken mechanics, you learn strategies in RTS that counter your opponents strategies. Hence the term, Real-Time Strategy.
You are specifically talking about learning how broken mechanics work in MW2 and then either take advantage of or avoid the mechanics.

The thing is, is i haven't heard an argument that has proven that anything is any more broken in ANY of the cod games than it typically is in any other shit like bf that is floating around.

The deciding logic is typically a logic along the lines of
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 6 2011, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You shouldn't have to adjust to or learn to deal with anything.

I think that the reason that this attitude is so commonly accepted with CoD games and not with others, is a combination of the fact that because there's a new one every year some people have a hard time adjusting to new mechanics, and styles so fast.

And because that compared to most other fps games, CoD has allot more variety and options. Now before i'm flamed to death BF does have allot of shit in it as well. But compared to allot of the games that people constantly bring up such as Quake, and CS, there is allot more options.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that the reason that this attitude is so commonly accepted with CoD games and not with others, is a combination of the fact that because there's a new one every year some people have a hard time adjusting to new mechanics, and styles so fast.

Omfg- you're actually taking what I'm saying and putting it out of context.

You CAN learn tactics for any video game, whether it's to avoid another tactic or kill an enemy or w/e the fuck. The difference between learning any tactic in any other game compared to learning a tactic in MW2 is you're forced to learn either broken as shit tactics (such as running around with a knife, quick scoping with a sniper, running around with shotgun + marathon, etc. etc.) or you have to learn how to avoid the broken as shit tactics.

I've explained in 4 threads now what's wrong with MW2 and why the series is bland as shit. You just don't seem to accept the facts, the game has MANY broken mechanics. There's several perks where if you don't have them you're at a severe disadvantage, therefore making the rest of the perks totally pointless. The killstreaks are the easiest fucking thing in the world to get yet you can get DOZENS of kills with them without lifting a finger. The knife's range and 100% damage is pure fucking bullshit. And don't give me the attitude "oh maybeh u dun wan 2 lern it, maybuh u dun try" Oh no I learned to avoid everything. I enjoyed the game and came out of all of my games with at least an 11 KD ratio. But using facts and based on everyone's opinion of these mechanics (which btw you've agreed to a few times) the game is broken as shit. It's not that everyone in the world is against the game, it's that the game is terrible and you're the only one who's not able to see it.

And don't pull out some bullshit like a chart that tells me how many sales MW2 had, because 90% of those sales were 10 year olds with their thumbs up their asses. They bought the game because it looked and sounded pretty and because all the cool kids at school had the game, not because it was a full functional, working game. Which is fine, a kid doesn't need to know the difference between a good game and a bad game, they just want to have fun.

*edit* sorry I didnt even bother reading that last paragraph in your post, the rest of it was already pretty fucked up.

Quake and CS both have several different playstyles, all of which are considered fun, fully functional and mostly balanced. CoD has "Run with knife, aimbot with intervention, aimbot with assault rifle". Woo, variety all around.

Edited by CakeCom, 06 June 2011 - 06:58 PM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
I'm a come back to this conversation tomorrow after you've had time to cool off.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Intertoobs.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,113 posts
  • Interests:Bnet Dirge#1751
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jun 6 2011, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Intertoobs.

Its pretty annoying to see single word posts man.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
I think i fixed the problem. I somehow had whole sections repeating themselves when I originally posted this. If I notice it again i'll post each part individually.

QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 6 2011, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omfg- you're actually taking what I'm saying and putting it out of context.

No, I quote exactly what you said.

You CAN learn tactics for any video game, whether it's to avoid another tactic or kill an enemy or w/e the fuck. The difference between learning any tactic in any other game compared to learning a tactic in MW2 is you're forced to learn either broken as shit tactics (such as running around with a knife, quick scoping with a sniper, running around with shotgun + marathon, etc. etc.) or you have to learn how to avoid the broken as shit tactics.

We've been going over balance this entire thread dude. I'll admit that whether or not this game is as good as other games is up for debate but i've given you a way to overcome every single so called "imbalance" in this game;

I've explained in 4 threads now what's wrong with MW2 and why the series is bland as shit. You just don't seem to accept the facts, the game has MANY broken mechanics.

Common misunderstanding, i'll clear it up right now. A game bing bland, has nothing to do with balance.

There's several perks where if you don't have them you're at a severe disadvantage, therefore making the rest of the perks totally pointless.

I'm really not sure what perks you're even talking about. The most commonly complained about ones are commando, oma, and danger close. Commando can be countered by listening for your enemy, oma and danger close can be countered with marathon light weight.

The killstreaks are the easiest fucking thing in the world to get yet you can get DOZENS of kills with them without lifting a finger.

They put in powerful killstreaks yes. But they also gave you the stinger, a vehicle lock on launcher, a perk that will give you as many rockets as you need to take down a kill streak, and a perk that makes you completely invisible to enemy kill streaks. How much more do noobs need to learn to fucking shoot down a god damned chopper.

We've been going over balance this entire thread dude. I'll admit that whether or not this game is as good as other games is up for debate but i've given you a way to overcome every single so called "imbalance" in this game;
There's several perks where if you don't have them you're at a severe disadvantage, therefore making the rest of the perks totally pointless.

I'm really not sure what perks you're even talking about. The most commonly complained about ones are commando, oma, and danger close. Commando can be countered by listening for your enemy, oma and danger close can be countered with marathon light weight.

The knife's range and 100% damage is pure fucking bullshit. And don't give me the attitude "oh maybeh u dun wan 2 lern it, maybuh u dun try" Oh no I learned to avoid everything. I enjoyed the game and came out of all of my games with at least an 11 KD ratio.

Ya i know, real baller when it comes to cod. We've already been over how you would be able to poop all over me with a sniper while i had an assault rifle. I'm ganna be honest with you hear. When you said that I completely believed you. You should really be making youtube video's. They already seem to have effect your mind.
But using facts and based on everyone's opinion of these mechanics (which btw you've agreed to a few times) the game is broken as shit. It's not that everyone in the world is against the game, it's that the game is terrible and you're the only one who's not able to see it.

Clearly not everyone in the world is against this game. This game broke record game sales, it got great reviews, got great player reviews, and i do believe it is still one of the most played games on the market right now. There are just a really large group of people who attack it for no good reason. Is it still right below CS on the steam most played list?

Go back and read dude. I agreed to one thing. Auto aim needs to be removed. It needs to be removed for two reasons

1. So that when i'm aiming at somebody and somebody runs behind him I don't miss my target.
2. So quick scopers will have to learn to actually play the game.

And don't pull out some bullshit like a chart that tells me how many sales MW2 had, because 90% of those sales were 10 year olds with their thumbs up their asses. They bought the game because it looked and sounded pretty and because all the cool kids at school had the game, not because it was a full functional, working game. Which is fine, a kid doesn't need to know the difference between a good game and a bad game, they just want to have fun.

woops sry.

Quake and CS both have several different playstyles, all of which are considered fun, fully functional and mostly balanced. CoD has "Run with knife, aimbot with intervention, aimbot with assault rifle". Woo, variety all around.

There are a total of 68,400 total different class combination. Without gun attachments.

Just because you don't like to have to adapt to what other people are using and doing does not mean that the game is imbalanced.

the truth is the only imbalance here is coming from your underdeveloped
inner ear you UNCOORDINATED BALL of GHEY.

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 07 June 2011 - 10:21 AM.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
Why is MW2 still being discussed when it's not relevant anymore? It's like talking about last year's Madden when there is a newer one out.

QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 7 2011, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's pretty annoying to read a netnanny's reply.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 7 2011, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nonsense

A game getting good reviews doesn't require the game to be good. Look at FFXIII, SH Origins, L4D2

Balance isn't the main problem with MW2, I was just pointing out as being a big problem. The biggest problem with the game is it's made to give the player free kills and the satisfaction of those free kills.

The game is imbalanced.

There is 3 classes in the game, Sniper, knife, Assault rifle

All the guns one shot at every angle with 100% accuracy at any range

I haven't watched a MW2 youtube video in over a year and a half, I watched maybe 3 then went and bought the game.

You seem to know a lot about these youtube videos that you never watch.

You suck.

Game sucks.

Get over it.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 7 2011, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Balance isn't the main problem with MW2, it's just the only one I talk about

The game is imbalanced. QQ nerf pease

There is 3 classes in the game if you don't know how to play it properly, Sniper, knife, Assault rifle

I haven't watched a MW2 youtube video in over a year and a half, yet simultaneously claim to have learned to play by watching hutch videos.

All fixed. You lost this argument the second you said you shouldn't have to adapt or change your play style.

Get over it.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 7 2011, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All fixed. You lost this argument the second you said you shouldn't have to adapt or change your play style.

You're using my quotes out of context, done arguing with you. I won the argument 5 threads ago when I told you what's wrong with the game and the other times people have told you what's wrong with MW2.

*Quick Edit* You'll notice I said I learned how to play MW2 from Hutch's videos. By this, I meant I watched the very first video of MW2 he made. I picked up MW2 at my local Eb Games. I went home and picked up the intervention. I learned how to play MW2. It literally took me less than an hour to get the hang of quick scoping. So yep, still only watched about 3 MW2 videos in my lifetime.

Edited by CakeCom, 07 June 2011 - 02:56 PM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 7 2011, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're using my quotes out of context, done arguing with you. I won the argument 5 threads ago when I told you what's wrong with the game and the other times people have told you what's wrong with MW2.

*Quick Edit* You'll notice I said I learned how to play MW2 from Hutch's videos. By this, I meant I watched the very first video of MW2 he made. I picked up MW2 at my local Eb Games. I went home and picked up the intervention. I learned how to play MW2. It literally took me less than an hour to get the hang of quick scoping. So yep, still only watched about 3 MW2 videos in my lifetime.

*Quick Edit* I like videos to

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 07 June 2011 - 04:50 PM.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (Dirge @ Jun 7 2011, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Implying the rest of this thread is bearable.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the truth is the only imbalance here is coming from your underdeveloped
inner ear you UNCOORDINATED BALL of GHEY.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 7 2011, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blah

Im pretty sure it was one of these videos, tbh I thought it was the flat sniping map that I watched way back then but I guess it was this because it was his first MW2 video.

Also learn to properly link videos.

Edited by CakeCom, 07 June 2011 - 07:32 PM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 7 2011, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also learn to properly link videos.

Way to lazy...and i wanted you to be surprised :-) I actually just wanted you to not know what i was linking to.

On a side note I don't actually care what shitty youtube videos you used to teach your self to play. I've played allot of those guys, if you've learned from them then it's no wonder you have no understanding of this game.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 7 2011, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Way to lazy...and i wanted you to be surprised :-) I actually just wanted you to not know what i was linking to.

On a side note I don't actually care what shitty youtube videos you used to teach your self to play. I've played allot of those guys, if you've learned from them then it's no wonder you have no understanding of this game.

*yawn* Didn't really learn from anyone, watched one video and thought the way he played sniper was cool. So I taught myself to quickscope in a little less than an hour.

Also I've actually played Hutch, and you're correct he's not an amazing player. He's a good player, better than the shit you see in Pubs but he's definitely not amazing... but then again there can't be amazing players in a game where one of the biggest flaws is imbalances.

There is nothing to understand about the game other than the fact that it is bad, which obviously you still do not understand.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 7 2011, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is nothing to understand about the game other than the fact that it is bad, which obviously you still do not understand.

FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

SECOND OF ALL.
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 7 2011, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
done arguing with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users