Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call Of Duty To Introduce Monthly Subscription Fee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Jun 5 2011, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont really like FPS multiplayer anymore, except for CSS. Ill play some split screen COD and thatll be fun as fuck, but its not really the game making it fun; even some single player would still be as good.

Hm, to be honest I have to somewhat agree with this. Other than TF2 and a bit of 1.6, I've not seen much replayability in the FPS department lately. I'm hoping Duke Forever changes this, but lately it's been all Starcraft 2 or LoL for me :/

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
Your beta "review" does not inspire much hope.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 5 2011, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like that you gave the game some credit, but not all of battlefield is slow paced- the problem is that CoD is too fast paced. You're able to run through streets at superhuman speed and you can quickscope while jumping off a building and still get 100% accurate hits.

Seriously dude. Lay off the youtube videos. They do that shit for weeks then make 1 video with the successful results. I've also never understood why the speed in cod is "stupid and unrealistic" but quake is a fucking amazing game if you like fast paced. Not saying that you said this but I hear this all the time from people.

And I fucking love quake, but nobody I know plays it anymore, but i enjoy CoD so it's fine.

QUOTE (Maxorhead666 @ Jun 5 2011, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In COD, its alot easier for one man to be carrying the team, and ignoring team mates. It basically results in a fun/fast paced deathmatch- style gameplay, no matter the mode. Battlefield made it a team effort, and an enjoyable one when things worked out right, more enjoyabl than COD imo.

Once again I think that this is a matter of who you play with. If i'm with my friends and we're playing against another group of people who are good, then you can't just run around all crazy shooting.

But then again I mostly play Search and Destroy so maybe I get a different experience than most people.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 5 2011, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously dude. Lay off the youtube videos. They do that shit for weeks then make 1 video with the successful results. I've also never understood why the speed in cod is "stupid and unrealistic" but quake is a fucking amazing game if you like fast paced. Not saying that you said this but I hear this all the time from people.

And I fucking love quake, but nobody I know plays it anymore, but i enjoy CoD so it's fine.

Once again I think that this is a matter of who you play with. If i'm with my friends and we're playing against another group of people who are good, then you can't just run around all crazy shooting.

But then again I mostly play Search and Destroy so maybe I get a different experience than most people.

I also enjoy S&D, it's probably the only gametype where you can't just play like a maniac.

I haven't watched a CoD Youtube video since the release of Mw2, and I was simply learning a bit from Hutch. I'm talking about my own experiences, plus things I've seen other people do in scrims. You can easily quickscope in that game and jumping while quickscoping is just as easy. If I said no scope I would agree with you that the shots are almost complete luck and the people on youtube ARE just using their "Best Ofs" but quickscoping is neither skill or luck- it's just a different (and in my opinion easy) way to kill people. You can also quickscope in CoD2, it's just a little more difficult and actually takes a good deal of skill (if I remember correctly).

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 5 2011, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't watched a CoD Youtube video since the release of Mw2, and I was simply learning a bit from Hutch. I'm talking about my own experiences, plus things I've seen other people do in scrims. You can easily quickscope in that game and jumping while quickscoping is just as easy. If I said no scope I would agree with you that the shots are almost complete luck and the people on youtube ARE just using their "Best Ofs" but quickscoping is neither skill or luck- it's just a different (and in my opinion easy) way to kill people. You can also quickscope in CoD2, it's just a little more difficult and actually takes a good deal of skill (if I remember correctly).

I'm not saying it can't be done, and the farther back in cod's you go the more skill it takes. What I am saying is that the majority of the time, people aren't jumping off of buildings quick scoping each other every game.

And while I completely agree with you that it's not hard. Those people are still going to get pwned by somebody playing the right way.

Trust me. There was a scary period of time right after black ops where i ran into nothing but quick scope lobbies in mw2. I would walk around with an assault rifle and not die at all.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 5 2011, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not saying it can't be done, and the farther back in cod's you go the more skill it takes. What I am saying is that the majority of the time, people aren't jumping off of buildings quick scoping each other every game.

And while I completely agree with you that it's not hard. Those people are still going to get pwned by somebody playing the right way.

Trust me. There was a scary period of time right after black ops where i ran into nothing but quick scope lobbies in mw2. I would walk around with an assault rifle and not die at all.

I gaurantee you, you would not kill me with an assault rifle in MW2 if I was quick scoping.

It sounds more like you were playing against people who didnt know how to use the intervention properly- every kid and their mother tried to pick up the intervention after Hutch showed it off when the game first came out. But every kid also tried to play like him, not something that's easy to accomplish. I play a slightly different style to him though and had never gotten killed by anyone with an assault rifle. My only deaths were usually knife kills- I also find the knife in that game to be ridiculously overpowered but that's a whole different story... but yeah you're right, maybe the people I face using assault rifles suck. Most of the people in these games do suck. So you never know. The point is, getting kills with the intervention is too fast and too easy compared to what I believe sniping in video games should be- a slow, patient support role who watches over teammates' backs.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 4 2011, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BF is a good game. But it's way to slow paced.

You've never played competitive BF.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Jun 5 2011, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've never played competitive BF.

I haven't but I'd like to try someday icon_biggrin.gif

As a kid I used to play BF2 with teh_families and we'd all get in our roflchopper and go "SOISOISOI BITCHES" and just blow shit up.

And BF1942- but that's just a whole different level of epic.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 5 2011, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gaurantee you, you would not kill me with an assault rifle in MW2 if I was quick scoping.

Not trying to be mean, but I read up till this and loled.

The knife is not over powered.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The knife is not over powered.

How is it not overpowered? Oh shit person in front of me; *3 bullets enter body of enemy*, *enemy's knife slashes my gear*, *I die instantly, he runs off like bullet holes ain't nothin*.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jun 6 2011, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is it not overpowered? Oh shit person in front of me; *3 bullets enter body of enemy*, *enemy's knife slashes my gear*, *I die instantly, he runs off like bullet holes ain't nothin*.

I health Regen aint your thing then i would suggest another game. But *pro tip* the trick is to not let anybody get near you.

You see as with most games. The longer you play. The more you're able to predict what you're enemy is going to do. Which makes it easy to do things like stun before you enter a room. Or either stick near a wall or circle around a certain area.

Edit: nvm deleted this paragraph because thought cake was who i was quoting.

Wait,...commando you say? Turn up your volume and they wont get within 50 ft of you without your permission.

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 06 June 2011 - 10:38 AM.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
I do miss the days where melee attacks were weak and awkward last resorts as opposed to today's insta-kill homing death machines.

Knife kills in BF are pretty satisfying, but repair tools are where it's at yo. icon_razz.gif

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I health Regen aint your thing then i would suggest another game. But *pro tip* the trick is to not let anybody get near you.

You see as with most games. The longer you play. The more you're able to predict what you're enemy is going to do. Which makes it easy to do things like stun before you enter a room. Or either stick near a wall or circle around a certain area.

Edit: nvm deleted this paragraph because thought cake was who i was quoting.

Wait,...commando you say? Turn up your volume and they wont get within 50 ft of you without your permission.

Ninja Pro...

But you're trying to make an argument that knives aren't overpowered when a knife is insta kill compared to getting shot by a gun and continuing on.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jun 6 2011, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ninja Pro...

But you're trying to make an argument that knives aren't overpowered when a knife is insta kill compared to getting shot by a gun and continuing on.

Cuz last time i checked you could use ninja pro and commando at the same time.

At least now i know that you havn't played the game in enough time that you don't know what you're talking about and i don't have to waste my time arguing with you.

When does Cakecom usually get back on. He's fun to argue with.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit: *Removed*

I will not feed the noob troll, I will not feed the noob troll, I will not feed the noob troll...

Edited by Original Sin, 06 June 2011 - 01:12 PM.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least now i know that you havn't played the game in enough time that you don't know what you're talking about and i don't have to waste my time arguing with you.

When does Cakecom usually get back on. He's fun to argue with.

Cuz commando is in blops...you fucking stupid?

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jun 6 2011, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cuz commando is in blops...you fucking stupid?

I thought we were talking about mw2. And ya it is, it's built in.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought we were talking about mw2

A year ago I would have been.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 6 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And ya it is, it's built in.

I know, but it doesn't take up a slot. Ninja Pro is what I used for the first 3 months before switching to Hacker.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I heard someone mention my name.

The knife in COD games these days is pretty redonkulofalopalus. Melee weapons should always be a last resort, something to quickly attack your opponent when you're forced to reload or forced into close quarters combat. It shouldn't one shot and if it does it should have SOME sort of drawback (being melee doesn't count, getting into CQC with Ninja Pro is redonkulously easy). Look at the knife in TF2- you must get behind your opponent to one shot. That's the drawback to having a one-shot melee weapon in TF2.

The knife in the recent COD games is actually one of the key factors in my dislike in the new series, as even in COD4 my deaths (as little as they would come) would normally only be the odd noob running at me with a knife.

Now you're probably going to go "Well no one's ever defined melee weapons in video games as a backup plan, yadda yadda". Well, if you think a melee weapon should be a primary weapon that one shots enemies from any angle at some (sometimes) pretty vast ranges then yeah, you should be playing a COD game (or a zombie game). If you like the way melee weapons and knives are used in games like CS, CSS, TF2, (sometimes) L4D, Half-Life, Duke Nukem, or any other FPS game with a melee weapon system, then you're playing a well made FPS game.

Oh and for the record when I say the knife is a primary weapon I mean it in more in the way the knife does 100% damage with almost perfect accuracy. I dont mean you select it and stick it in the primary slot. It's like saying the shotguns in MW2 are primary weapons- they pretty much were. Infinity wasn't intelligent enough to put the shotguns there but they should have been primary weapons.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
Secondary's are primary weapons. They built in overkill. Which is fine with me. Everybody has it so it's not like you can't whip out a shotgun.

Maybe this is another one of those things that i don't see as a problem because it just doesn't effect me anymore? I guess i'll just group this in with noob tubes and kill streaks, things other people seem to think are OP and imbalanced but i've just adjusted to and learned to deal with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users