Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call Of Duty To Introduce Monthly Subscription Fee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
Wont even buy the game.
QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (Lewdis @ Jun 2 2011, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to clarify for everyone.. Everything that was free before in previous CoD games is going to remain free and I highly doubt they will add weapons/perks/any useable things in-game with this.

Actually, I heard Theater Mode will only be included for those that subscribe. It`s somewhere on Kotaku I believe (I`m much too lazy to look it up)

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
  • xfire:vaughnlesterinoz
  • Steam ID:teh_HyDr0iD
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 1 2011, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although I personally think this guy is just taking advantage of a bad situation for views + Favourites, I support this cause so I did so. I think we all should, it's true- Activision has to realize that this is a stupid ass move on their part.

Oh, no I'm fully supporting these obscene changes and I want them to do more, so that they will finally drive COD down into the ground never to return again. There'll still be people going crazy over MW3, but hopefully by the one after nobody will buy it and we can all move on.

Intel Core i7 870 | Corsair H50 Watercooler | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600MHz
Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy GTX 460 768MB SLI | OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD
2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD RAID-0 | Corsair HX850W PSU | Samsung Blu-Ray

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (teh_HyDr0iD @ Jun 3 2011, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, no I'm fully supporting these obscene changes and I want them to do more, so that they will finally drive COD down into the ground never to return again. There'll still be people going crazy over MW3, but hopefully by the one after nobody will buy it and we can all move on.

I was going to agree with this but then I thought, then what? Will getting rid of COD really improve anything? Those flocks of little kids will just find some other mindless shooter to cling onto and drive us all crazy with. Face it, there is always going to be that one FPS that every annoying 12 year old, frat boy, and grrl gaemr loves, but you hate.

Although I do hope Activision has a change of heart about this elite thing. If they release some sort of monthly fee type thing, it will succeed no matter how stupid it is. Then other game developers might look at this and think, "Woah, those guys just charged a monthly fee for a generic FPS and got away with it. I bet we could do this too!" Next thing you, everyone and their mum is charging fees for all kinds of stupid shit they never made you pay for before.

Gaming. Gaming has changed.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Lewdis @ Jun 2 2011, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to clarify for everyone.. Everything that was free before in previous CoD games is going to remain free and I highly doubt they will add weapons/perks/any useable things in-game with this.

Just to clarify to you... it's still wrong.

They are charging for services that most other competitors offer for FREE.

Halo Waypoint - Free
Steam Community - Free
Starcraft Community + Services - Free

What does this mean? It means Activision is greedy. It has nothing to do with whether or not we're going to buy it, we can give our opinion on stupid choices. It's a free interwebs. To be honest at least one of us mocking it WILL most likely end up paying for the service- it's not about whether or not it's optional or useful. The fact of the matter is, these clowns are offering a paid service when meanwhile the competition is giving it away for free.

It's kind of like, if this forum here charged you money to go on the forum. Whether or not we're fans of PP, we wouldn't pay for this forum. We'd call ROFLMAO tards (I'm not btw) and then go use one of the free forums on the other internetz.

QUOTE (Andrack @ Jun 3 2011, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was going to agree with this but then I thought, then what? Will getting rid of COD really improve anything? Those flocks of little kids will just find some other mindless shooter to cling onto and drive us all crazy with. Face it, there is always going to be that one FPS that every annoying 12 year old, frat boy, and grrl gaemr loves, but you hate.

Although I do hope Activision has a change of heart about this elite thing. If they release some sort of monthly fee type thing, it will succeed no matter how stupid it is. Then other game developers might look at this and think, "Woah, those guys just charged a monthly fee for a generic FPS and got away with it. I bet we could do this too!" Next thing you, everyone and their mum is charging fees for all kinds of stupid shit they never made you pay for before.

Gaming. Gaming has changed.

War. War never changes.
But gaming does.

I agree pretty much with everything this guy here said- he's on the same page with me.

QUOTE (Original Sin @ Jun 3 2011, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I heard Theater Mode will only be included for those that subscribe. It`s somewhere on Kotaku I believe (I`m much too lazy to look it up)

Technically, there's already a free Theater mode in Black Ops- so again, you're paying for what they already offered for free.

:/

Edited by CakeCom, 03 June 2011 - 02:30 PM.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Dirge @ May 31 2011, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my day we were warned and had posting suspended for posts like that.

Strong join date compared to mine.

This game and BF3 are coming out at the same time, it's a bad move on their part to do this annyway.

And my first post was valid. It's the same shit everyday around here. Should merge all of the "games are bad these days compared to x amount of time ago" posts into one thread.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jun 3 2011, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the same shit everyday around here. Should merge all of the "games are bad these days compared to x amount of time ago" posts into one thread.

It's usually true and can be proven by taking a look at a few once great series-

Silent Hill series - Great up until mid 2000s, then it started to go down Hill once Team Silent disappeared
Resident Evil - Great until RE3, then went down shitter
Call of Duty - Stopped being good after CoD4 (debatable but imo CoD4 wasn't that bad a game)Ha
Final Fantasy - After FFX I don't think anyone can say there's even a likable game in the series, let alone a good one

I can pull more out my ass and I'm sure you can pull out games that are amazing to come out in recent years- like TF2, Left 4 Dead, Halo 3, etc.
But I honestly feel that there's way less great games coming out these days than the countless amount of great games that would come out in past years.

It's the same with movies- we had great movies like ET, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc. etc. come out nonstop for a few years in a row there, ever since it's mostly been shit after shit with the odd great title.

Edited by CakeCom, 03 June 2011 - 03:59 PM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
games aren't getting worse. neither are movies.

every bodys expectations are just getting higher (which is by no means a bad thing)

consoles are the new coin op.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 3 2011, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
every bodys expectations are just getting higher (which is by no means a bad thing)

I don't agree with this (except that it wouldn't be a bad thing, if it were true then it's probably a good thing anyway but w/e).

If everyone's expectations are getting higher, games like Black Ops wouldn't sell at all. I'd say the small population's expectations are just so high as to think "Every game released should be a 5*, perfect game like Mario, Team Fortress, Starcraft etc."

I have those expectations and it's something I'm proud of. Every game should be a 5 star amazing game, because they almost always can be. If shitty little indie games like Minecraft can be as amazing as they are with only the power of a few men, then a gigantic millionaire gaming empire can pump out at the LEAST a game that's up to par with it. If not, then they should be hiring people who can. Or get out of the gaming industry. It's obviously not THAT simple, but when you have as much money and power as Activision, all you have to do is listen to what people are saying online (on forums such as this) and then hire people who represent these people and you could have the perfect game put together.

Also, jumbled messes of words that are barely a paragraph are the pro way to communicate.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
True works of arts always turn into classics later. They almost never pack the theaters.

You also need to realize that most people aren't us. Most people play occasionally for fun. They have no problem playing decent games like the CoD series. As all of the games that people like the ones in this forum consider to be the great games every are flooded with people like the ones in this forum.

All of us striving to be the best, find the best, and play with others who want to be the best.

Once you've been drinking wine long enough to be able to taste that berry's were picked after the first frost, and have drank the best wines the world has to offer. Your view of wine that people not in your circumstances would consider great, still aren't good enough.
The same thing goes for gaming. (and movies)
Once you've had the best, the good isn't good enough.

Now that doesn't even touch on how different people want different things out of their games.

It's impossible for people to continue to pump out games that are on par with the "best games" that are already out. If they tried to copy and improve you'd all just complain that they're making clones

Edit1: btw if you were making fun of my last post at the end of your last post, i wrote that with one hand. (selling plasma hell ya)

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 03 June 2011 - 05:31 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
(I was actually making fun of my own little paragraph, it had no structure to it when I looked it over and didn't feel like editing >.<)

I agree with your wine comparison- but you're talking about people who have never tried alchohol in the first place going straight to cheap beer. Us fine wine drinkers have already been drinking wine for years, so we should most likely know what we're talking about when we're saying this beer is nasty compared to this wine.

To be honest, the whole point of us expressing our disappointment in games/series is so that newer players see and maybe think about what we're saying. Maybe they'll see us saying "The Original Silent Hill is way better than Silent Hill Homecoming (obviously this is true)" and then they'll go "oh hey, maybe I SHOULD go try that game".

When they go try the game, they'll likely realize that we're correct- another example being CoD. Tell a noob to CoD (a new player, not necessarily a bad player) to try CoD:2 after playing CoD:Black Ops for a few weeks. They'll notice the huge difference, probably dislike the old graphics but will appreciate the amazing gameplay after playing for just a few hours. They'll also likely agree that the gameplay in CoD2 was way better than Black Ops and will let their little Black Ops friends know... then more CoD2 players icon_biggrin.gif

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
I agree with you to a point. But do you really expect all the people drinking budwieser to stop drinking it just because it's not as good. HELL NO. They're going to keep drinking it.

And even though I know that there's stuff out there that's way better, that's not going to stop me from enjoying a few beers with my friends.

And i would agree with your refer a friend thing...the problem is, Who are you hoping is going to read you shit here?

should re phrase that. There's no one new here.

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 03 June 2011 - 08:03 PM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 3 2011, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you to a point. But do you really expect all the people drinking budwieser to stop drinking it just because it's not as good. HELL NO. They're going to keep drinking it.

And even though I know that there's stuff out there that's way better, that's not going to stop me from enjoying a few beers with my friends.

And i would agree with your refer a friend thing...the problem is, Who are you hoping is going to read you shit here?

should re phrase that. There's no one new here.

*Shrug* To be honest, I predict one of two things is going to happen to this community.

1. Everyone moves to SITMOS community or a new project of Jarett's
2. Something PP related will be released and the community will flock back here and pretend they never left.

I think #2 has the best chance of happening, as the bickering between J and Geoff can only last so long... I predict they're going to want to get back to work on something and most likely PP related. Those two as a team are after all pretty unstoppable.

Anyways... back to what I was ranting about... I'm pretty much just communicating my ideas to the people who are here, despite the fact that they dont usually want to listen ;3

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 3 2011, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Technically, there's already a free Theater mode in Black Ops- so again, you're paying for what they already offered for free.

:/

Read it again. That was my point.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
Everything is going in BF3s favor. GG CoD. You have now been replaced by a good series.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Jun 4 2011, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything is going in BF3s favor. GG CoD. You have now been replaced by a good series.

It is after all Jarred's will.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
BF is a good game. But it's way to slow paced. I'm not the kinda guy who likes to sit on a mountain side for 15 minutes and snipe people.

While I don't have any problems with cod dieing, we'll have to hope that another fps that's just as fast paced comes out to replace it.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 5 2011, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BF is a good game. But it's way to slow paced. I'm not the kinda guy who likes to sit on a mountain side for 15 minutes and snipe people.

I like that you gave the game some credit, but not all of battlefield is slow paced- the problem is that CoD is too fast paced. You're able to run through streets at superhuman speed and you can quickscope while jumping off a building and still get 100% accurate hits. Not only that but Battlefield maps are at least 4x the size of CoD maps- when you have a game where you can't run 30mph+ and the maps are gigantic, it does appear to be a slower game... and it is a slower game... but in this case it's better... imo anyway. If you want another really good fast paced game though, you should check out Quake games- they've always been pretty fast, even faster than CoD at times.

Also, I could be wrong but I've always thought sniping was more of a support role than an offensive role- in other words, it does take patience and shouldn't be rushed like it is in CoD. But then again, games like Counter-Strike have proven that sniping as an offensive role can work very well in a game... so it's probably just more of a personal thing for me. I snipe in TF2 as a support role personally.

Edited by CakeCom, 05 June 2011 - 01:28 AM.

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxizle1
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Jun 5 2011, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like that you gave the game some credit, but not all of battlefield is slow paced- the problem is that CoD is too fast paced. You're able to run through streets at superhuman speed and you can quickscope while jumping off a building and still get 100% accurate hits. Not only that but Battlefield maps are at least 4x the size of CoD maps- when you have a game where you can't run 30mph+ and the maps are gigantic, it does appear to be a slower game... and it is a slower game... but in this case it's better... imo anyway. If you want another really good fast paced game though, you should check out Quake games- they've always been pretty fast, even faster than CoD at times.

Also, I could be wrong but I've always thought sniping was more of a support role than an offensive role- in other words, it does take patience and shouldn't be rushed like it is in CoD. But then again, games like Counter-Strike have proven that sniping as an offensive role can work very well in a game... so it's probably just more of a personal thing for me. I snipe in TF2 as a support role personally.

Couldn't agree more with this, in BF2 the sniper, support, engineer and even the anti-tank classes were all backup roles. The guys that died alot and went in with assault rifles were the medic, assault, and spec ops. Having said that, the spec ops did carry carbines, which were more close range, and they were alot more lightly armored. Basically, it comes down to this; you can't play battlefield lone wolf, theres always gonna be something to counter you coming up, so you gotta have people watching your back, and you gotta watch their's. In COD, its alot easier for one man to be carrying the team, and ignoring team mates. It basically results in a fun/fast paced deathmatch- style gameplay, no matter the mode. Battlefield made it a team effort, and an enjoyable one when things worked out right, more enjoyabl than COD imo.

Edited by Maxorhead666, 05 June 2011 - 02:06 AM.

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
I dont really like FPS multiplayer anymore, except for CSS. Ill play some split screen COD and thatll be fun as fuck, but its not really the game making it fun; even some single player would still be as good.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users