Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modern Warfare 3 Teaser Trailer.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
  • xfire:danielhall1993
  • Steam ID:pwnoob
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pwnoob93
  • PSN:vodka-n-chicken
  • Gamer Army ID:4712
  • Company:Gamma
Congratulations, I'm sure it'll be just as shit as the other past few Call of Duties.

Edited by Pwnoob, 14 May 2011 - 10:58 AM.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
CoD;DW

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Never before has shit started to flow this nicely.

Ghostwhisp

Ghostwhisp
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Steam ID:STNO | Cptn.Canuck
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ghostwhisp
  • PSN:Cptn_Canuck
Jesus christ, they barely buttoned up their pants after shitting on the gaming industry the first two, or three, or four times. Fuck me. Quit beating a dead horse... after it's been killed with a shotgun, sent to a glue factory, had it's hooves removed to make breath mints, and then incinerated, and had it's ashes dumped in a garbage bag out the back of the factory, and sent to a landfill, where it will eventually decay, and turn into the dirt that the next big company's horse is going to shit on.

It's Cptn.Canuck Bitchez

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (Ghostwhisp @ May 15 2011, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jesus christ, they barely buttoned up their pants after shitting on the gaming industry the first two, or three, or four times. Fuck me. Quit beating a dead horse... after it's been killed with a shotgun, sent to a glue factory, had it's hooves removed to make breath mints, and then incinerated, and had it's ashes dumped in a garbage bag out the back of the factory, and sent to a landfill, where it will eventually decay, and turn into the dirt that the next big company's horse is going to shit on.

That was Guitar Hero.

Horses stop being raped when they are no longer profitable.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
It annoys me less that they are pumping out one after the other of these types of games and more that the commercial world we live in is eating up and loving these, as far as I can see them, war trainers.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ May 15 2011, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It annoys me less that they are pumping out one after the other of these types of games and more that the commercial world we live in is eating up and loving these, as far as I can see them, war trainers.

Pretty sure CoD has never been even remotely close to authentic. It annoys me that the majority of people who play those games seem to think they are.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 15 May 2011 - 05:08 AM.

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ May 15 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty sure CoD has never been even remotely close to authentic. It annoys me that the majority of people who play those games seem to think they are.

If war REALLY was duck behind a box and let the jam fade away, I would have already enlisted.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxizle1
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ May 15 2011, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If war REALLY was duck behind a box and let the jam fade away, I would have already enlisted.

Pretty sure theres no respawn points in rl though...

Edited by Maxorhead666, 15 May 2011 - 07:01 AM.

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ May 15 2011, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah okay, so CoD is not realistic, because it's a game, sure.

But when you used to run around with your friends as kids playing games, they never felt like games, did they? (for the most part)

CoD/BF isn't going to teach kids how to field strip and service a rifle before the man running across the paddock gets to them with a knife for their throats, but it implants the basic tactics involved in .. modern warfare.

The way the world is, kids in countries being handed AK's and running around capping whoever their leader tells them to spray towards, what's stopping a Gov't from saying, 'Ok, well, we're fucked. The ______ is coming with nukes, bombs, guns & knives, who wants to line up for a free handful of confiscated weaponry?'

I know I would.
I know others who would, with or without me.
Some of those I know would survive in situations by my side, based on what we know from video games.
Far fetched?
I don't really think so..

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
Call of Duty was good.
Call of Duty: United Offensive was freaking awesome.
Call of Duty 2 was also awesome.
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One or whatever it was called I don't really care much for.
Call of Duty 3 was kinda bad but it wasn't the end of the world.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare made up for CoD 3. Awesome game. Unfortunately, this was when all the new newbie gamers started playing it.
Call of Duty: World At War? Meh. Whatever.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was bad, but I guess it's enjoyable to play with friends. Again though, all these stupid newbie gamers starting jizzing over it.
Call of Duty: Black Ops again was bad, same situation.

Wouldn't surprise me if Modern Warfare 3 sucks too.

The problem is that, after Modern Warfare, the games started becoming major. They were already big, but now they really began to take off. Unfortunately, because of it, the development companies started caring more about the money so they started making pointless releases every year knowing they'd make a shit-load of sales from it. Typically, all the new CoD gamers that claimed to be "hardcore fans" despite the fact that they only started playing it from CoD4 and 90% of them don't even know what United Offensive is (which is a fact from asking people at school) always claim about how "awesome" these new Call of Duty games are. But really? Have they ever even tried playing some of the earlier classic releases? Doubt it.

It's made me lose total interest now. I mean, come on... graphics DO NOT decide how good a game is. Look at Starcraft, it can run off Windows 98 for fuck sake, lol. And take a look at its eSports scene, especially in Korea. No other game has anything even close to that.

The errors with the modern Call of Duty games are so basic as well.

- No dedicated servers, because clearly they were trying to run PC gamers away from it. Too much "console" bullshit.
- Unnecessary perks and add-ons to the characters. This meant even the noobiest of gamers could get big kills. I mean, really? Why not just have a good game without turning it into some sort of MMO style experience (just like what Team Fortress 2 have done now with the new updates...hate it.)

Just those two basic factors could have easily improved games like MW2 and BO's.

Edited by Pwnoob, 15 May 2011 - 08:47 AM.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ May 15 2011, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call of Duty was good.
Call of Duty: United Offensive was freaking awesome.
Call of Duty 2 was also awesome.
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One or whatever it was called I don't really care much for.
Call of Duty 3 was kinda bad but it wasn't the end of the world.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare made up for CoD 3. Awesome game. Unfortunately, this was when all the new newbie gamers started playing it.
Call of Duty: World At War? Meh. Whatever.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was bad, but I guess it's enjoyable to play with friends. Again though, all these stupid newbie gamers starting jizzing over it.
Call of Duty: Black Ops again was bad, same situation.

Wouldn't surprise me if Modern Warfare 3 sucks too.

The problem is that, after Modern Warfare, the games started becoming major. They were already big, but now they really began to take off. Unfortunately, because of it, the development companies started caring more about the money so they started making pointless releases every year knowing they'd make a shit-load of sales from it. Typically, all the new CoD gamers that claimed to be "hardcore fans" despite the fact that they only started playing it from CoD4 and 90% of them don't even know what United Offensive is (which is a fact from asking people at school) always claim about how "awesome" these new Call of Duty games are. But really? Have they ever even tried playing some of the earlier classic releases? Doubt it.

It's made me lose total interest now. I mean, come on... graphics DO NOT decide how good a game is. Look at Starcraft, it can run off Windows 98 for fuck sake, lol. And take a look at its eSports scene, especially in Korea. No other game has anything even close to that.

The errors with the modern Call of Duty games are so basic as well.

- No dedicated servers, because clearly they were trying to run PC gamers away from it. Too much "console" bullshit.
- Unnecessary perks and add-ons to the characters. This meant even the noobiest of gamers could get big kills. I mean, really? Why not just have a good game without turning it into some sort of MMO style experience (just like what Team Fortress 2 have done now with the new updates...hate it.)

Just those two basic factors could have easily improved games like MW2 and BO's.

CoD3 was a console abortion.

World at War was the most polished I thought, it had a killer story and was pretty solid on the play through ... but at the same time it just feels like a wall of relentless enemies spawning from nowhere in particular.

What I loved about CoD was that even at it's simplest, it could run on almost any machine I tried it on and even at the lowest detail, it was still playable. Sure it was a whole lot better cranked out to the max but I can only do that (barely) nowadays. Let's just say, it scaled well.

But that's what pisses me off about BLACK OPS. If I pwnd the game I would fire it up and replicate what I am about to explain.

Smashing windows.

Why is it when a bullet goes through the window and the window smashes out, the decal of a bullet hole through glass, with some nice cracks around it .. remains hovering in magic space?

It's not like it's terribly difficult to figure out .. but it's always there .. every time!

BF2 was great with its player stats and weapon upgrades, granted I never had it to play it when it was big, I still understood how nice it was.

New CoD's with the crappy prestige style leveling up for .. no reason? sure you can give me reasons but they simply just aren't good enough :|

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • xfire:lewdis65
  • Interests:Video games and soccer
  • Steam ID:lewdis65
  • PSN:Lewdis
I also read somewhere that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is being developed

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ May 15 2011, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but it implants the basic tactics involved in .. modern warfare.

Nope, see:
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ May 15 2011, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AKA:

Ghostwhisp

Ghostwhisp
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Steam ID:STNO | Cptn.Canuck
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ghostwhisp
  • PSN:Cptn_Canuck
The thing that pisses me off most about the Call of Duty series, is that there hasn't been a new game mechanic since they let you throw grenades back in CoD3. The game play is virtually the same. Sure, killstreak rewards got better, and custom loadouts are nicer, but for the most part, I haven't seen them do anything revolutionary or new forever. Now, this would not bother me, had they spent some time supporting the games. Two map packs (that they make you pay for, i might add) per game, is not "supporting" a game. There's no adjustment to bugs, game modes, or even a new gun, given over the course of the games life. They literally drop the project in a couple months and get started on marketing the next one. There's no reason we all shouldn't be playing MW1 still. They're just churning these out, because they know people will buy it no matter what they say.

It's Cptn.Canuck Bitchez

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
i have to admit that even im not looking forward to this game. And as some of you may know i did and still will defend MW2 til the day I die

ive come to the opinion that with all the bullshit that's been happening within the company that iw as we know it is dead

i guess theres always the first Respawn Entertainment game to look forward to.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 16 2011, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have to admit that even im not looking forward to this game. And as some of you may know i did and still will defend MW2 til the day I die

ive come to the opinion that with all the bullshit that's been happening within the company that iw as we know it is dead

i guess theres always the first Respawn Entertainment game to look forward to.

Yeah.

Who needs Call of Duty when you can just play this?

edit: Shit, that picture is bigger than I thought it was.

Edited by Pwnoob, 15 May 2011 - 07:33 PM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ May 15 2011, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah.

Who needs Call of Duty when you can just play this?

edit: Shit, that picture is bigger than I thought it was.

I don't get it.

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 16 2011, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get it.

You've never heard of Club Penguin? lol.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ May 15 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've never heard of Club Penguin? lol.

No i've heard of it. I just don't get how u related it to my post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)