Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modern Warfare 3 Teaser Trailer.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 16 2011, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tell that to the noobs i've been crushing for a year now. just cuz u still havn't learned 2 dodge noob tubes doesnt mean its impossible to be bad at the game

The only people who are "bad" at that game are people who literally have extra chromosomes. Sorry to say, but you've been crushing retards.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ May 16 2011, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only people who are "bad" at that game are people who literally have extra chromosomes. Sorry to say, but you've been crushing retards.

my point exactly.

You can't possibly be bad at that game unless

A. You're handicapped
B. You're 4

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ May 16 2011, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 16 2011, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my point exactly.

You can't possibly be bad at that game unless

A. You're handicapped
B. You're 4

Sounds like mad cuz bad to me. but w/e, i would argue further but you have no argument.

I suppose the question then becomes, if consistently win in this game, without using explosives and gay shit such as that. And everybody is good at the game. What does that make me? I'd hate for you to inflate my already over inflated ego, but am I really a COD god?

Edited by spiri7ussancti, 16 May 2011 - 07:46 PM.

come watch my sc2 stream!!!
And follow me on twitter!

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 16 2011, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like mad cuz bad to me. but w/e, i would argue further but you have no argument.

I suppose the question then becomes, if consistently win in this game, without using explosives and gay shit such as that. And everybody is good at the game. What does that make me? I'd hate for you to inflate my already over inflated ego, but am I really a COD god?

Being "good" is to CoD as a microbe is to the Earth. It's the lowest common denominator of eSports, and nothing to be proud of. Everyone is good at it.

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ May 16 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being "good" is to CoD as a microbe is to the Earth. It's the lowest common denominator of eSports, and nothing to be proud of. Everyone is good at it.

So much mad cuz bad in so little words.

^
U can consider that my first troll on this website.

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death"

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 16 2011, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So much mad cuz bad in so little words.

^
U can consider that my first troll on this website.

AKA:

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
I was so much better than spir7riauiio at MW2 on 360 that he accused me of cheating.

True story.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Original Sin @ May 17 2011, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was so much better than spir7riauiio at MW2 on 360 that he accused me of cheating.

True story.

I'd like to meet this spir7riauiio. Cuz when i played you u were complete trash and thought that the famas was a good weapon. Lolololol. I'm sure that with a few simple pointers he could be improving in no time.

Ghostwhisp

Ghostwhisp
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Steam ID:STNO | Cptn.Canuck
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ghostwhisp
  • PSN:Cptn_Canuck
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 16 2011, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tell that to the noobs i've been crushing for a year now. just cuz u still havn't learned 2 dodge noob tubes doesnt mean its impossible to be bad at the game

lol so h-core mang, u must be pwning the nubs all dayz on teh call of dooties. so pro.

It's Cptn.Canuck Bitchez

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (Ghostwhisp @ May 17 2011, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol so h-core mang, u must be pwning the nubs all dayz on teh call of dooties. so pro.

I can't help but smile at this elitist attitude that if I don't play a game that's 7 years old then there can't possibly be any skill involved in it.

We all know the truth here. You guys played the game for maybe a month,....MAYBE. Then decided that it was impossible to not be good at it. When the truth is that when you guys played it NOBODY was good at it. WHY? Because the game had just come out, and if you guys go back to it now, your going to draw the same conclusion because people ARE GOOD AT IT NOW. So you're going to get raped by tubes like a fucking noob because you never put the effort into knowing how to win.

I'd think that with a forum full of people who are so pro with there e-sports that there would be less bitching about a mechanic in a game that they haven't figured out how to beat. AND MORE LOOKING FOR SOLUTIONS.

But i guess i can just go play cs and bitch about shotguns or sc2 and bitch about void rays because lets face. that shit is over powered. and there's no possible way to over come those things, it's just literally impossible to be bad at those games. Unless of course you're retarded

Once again
"The only imbalance here, is comming from your underdeveloped inner ear, you uncoordinated ball of ghey" - Teh_pwnerer

/argument

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 17 2011, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't help but smile at this elitist attitude that if I don't play a game that's 7 years old then there can't possibly be any skill involved in it.

We all know the truth here. You guys played the game for maybe a month,....MAYBE. Then decided that it was impossible to not be good at it. When the truth is that when you guys played it NOBODY was good at it. WHY? Because the game had just come out, and if you guys go back to it now, your going to draw the same conclusion because people ARE GOOD AT IT NOW. So you're going to get raped by tubes like a fucking noob because you never put the effort into knowing how to win.

I'd think that with a forum full of people who are so pro with there e-sports that there would be less bitching about a mechanic in a game that they haven't figured out how to beat. AND MORE LOOKING FOR SOLUTIONS.

But i guess i can just go play cs and bitch about shotguns or sc2 and bitch about void rays because lets face. that shit is over powered. and there's no possible way to over come those things, it's just literally impossible to be bad at those games. Unless of course you're retarded

Once again
"The only imbalance here, is comming from your underdeveloped inner ear, you uncoordinated ball of ghey" - Teh_pwnerer

/argument

I read up until "played a month"

For the record, I actually found myself almost addicted to MW2 for months and almost failed courses because of it's release (back in the day)

It's a rediculously easy game- if you find someone who is bad at the game, then you're playing with a new player to the game.
If you aren't one shotting people through walls with snipers at spawntime then you're spraying straight with Famas and getting killstreak chains to nukes. That's how that game works. The mechanics are so dumbed down from the first Modern Warfare it's literally turned into that easy gamestyle... but it's addicting.

In other words, whether you're trolling or not: If you actually think that you are amazing at Modern Warfare 2, then you are one of the bad players. You can definately say that you're an average player- because the average player is able to get a 10-15 killstreak (with a few off games every so often) but you aren't amazing at that game as there is no such thing as amazing at a game where it's easy to be good. If you were in the top MLG clan and decimated opponents daily in pubs as well as scrims then I'd still think that you were just an average player- because it's a casual game. You can't be good at it.

Translated into your language:
ubad
ibad
evry1bad
lolumad

*edit* Quick note: There cant be OP weapons in a game made for players who are always supposed to be win, so I agree with u that ppl who rage about OP weapons are pussies.

Edited by CakeCom, 17 May 2011 - 02:35 PM.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 17 2011, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read up until the part where you're wrong. soooooo yaaaaa. Skill can only be judged by comparing yourself to the results of other people. If my results are always greater than other peoples then i am more skilled. Kill streaks aren't over powered because you can shoot them down. Which i do. and for you to say it's common to one shot people through walls when they spawn is stupid, and you're one of the "retarded" people i shit on.

Yes, everybody can get a kill. But not every one can not be killed.

You'll never get a nuke in a game with me, because i'm better than you. You'll never never one shot me off spawn with a sniper through a wall,...because no.

You're clearly over exaggerating this game. Which leads me to believe that you're lying, or you're half retarded. The description of the game that you just gave me makes me think that you've probably spent more time watching youtube videos of the game, then playing the game its self

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 17 2011, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read up until the part where you're wrong. soooooo yaaaaa. Skill can only be judged by comparing yourself to the results of other people. If my results are always greater than other peoples then i am more skilled. Kill streaks aren't over powered because you can shoot them down. Which i do. and for you to say it's common to one shot people through walls when they spawn is stupid, and you're one of the "retarded" people i shit on.

Yes, everybody can get a kill. But not every one can not be killed.

You'll never get a nuke in a game with me, because i'm better than you. You'll never never one shot me off spawn with a sniper through a wall,...because no.

You're clearly over exaggerating this game. Which leads me to believe that you're lying, or you're half retarded. The description of the game that you just gave me makes me think that you've probably spent more time watching youtube videos of the game, then playing the game its self

Alrighty I'll explain exactly how I play High Rise, I actually have a little procedure I go over in my head.

I spawn with intervention, take 10-15 steps forward, turn to my left a bit and shoot straight- I usually get either a headshot or a double headshot, usually quickscoping but sometimes not scoping at all. 3/5 of the times I'm shooting through a wall by accident but usually I still get the kill.

I decide whether to go under the crane or under the entire map, usually under the map- I run straight, jump down and on the way down will see a guy running towards me so I make a shot and make the kill. I run under my foes, climb the stairs behind them then shoot two or three guys from behind before someone notices me on the map. By this time, I've picked up an enemy's famas, aug or I have 1887s equipped and I quickly switch and fire towards the guy that saw me or I simply attempt to quick scope him. He dies. I then circle the entire map with my intervention/models/famas and kill every enemy that spawns (especially the ones that spawn almost next to me, I love killing them) and by the end of the TDM game I'll end up with about 28-0 or if it's a bad day 32-1.

So that's exactly what I'm talking about... I dont have one of these strategies for every map, but 90% of the maps are basically wipe out the entire team then just start running towards where they spawn- the spawning in the game is terrible and usually puts you directly infront of the guy who just killed you so I usually win at this point.

I had 26 nukes in a 2-3 month playing period, I only equipped my nuke after a month of playing and after going back to the game recently I noticed nothing really changed except that there was a lot more people playing the same style as me therefore there was a lot more people getting nukes.

I learned to play by watching Hutch's videos the first few days MW2 came out and I taught myself from there on, using a Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke mix that everyone and their mother uses at this point.

I played Halo 3 before hand but was not very good at it... I'm actually really bad at console FPS.

Now before anyone says anything, I am not gloating or talking shit. I'm stating that this game is so easy that even me a bad FPS console player is as good as any "good" player may claim to be. If you use the exact strategy that i just told you every game of high rise you played, you would NEVER die- unless you don't have your intervention class set up properly and in that case you shouldn't be playing in the first place.

The game is bad, you're bad, I'm bad, every1s bad. Umad.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 17 2011, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The game is bad, you're bad, I'm bad, every1s bad. Umad.

So because you do good...everybody must be good?

Well i suppose that logic works for me. I mean really,...if you can do well then i guess everybody CAN do well.

Just remember boys and girls, he said it. Not me.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 17 2011, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So because you do good...everybody must be good?

Well i suppose that logic works for me. I mean really,...if you can do well then i guess everybody CAN do well.

Just remember boys and girls, he said it. Not me.

This is exactly what I am saying, as I'm in general not a very good console FPS gamer.
If you can find me a player that's legitimately bad at the game (has like a -4 or less KD ratio 9/10 games) then comparably, sure you're amazing.

But for the moment, if you are as "uber 1337 hax zomg pwnz0r" as you claim to be then you are an average player playing a less that average difficulty game.
Congrats for that.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 17 2011, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Skill can only be judged by comparing yourself to the results of other people. If my results are always greater than other peoples then i am more skilled.

The force in which my shit comes out of my ass is greater than that of most people's. Does that mean shitting takes large amounts of skill?

AKA:

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 17 2011, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what I am saying, as I'm in general not a very good console FPS gamer.
If you can find me a player that's legitimately bad at the game (has like a -4 or less KD ratio 9/10 games) then comparably, sure you're amazing.

But for the moment, if you are as "uber 1337 hax zomg pwnz0r" as you claim to be then you are an average player playing a less that average difficulty game.
Congrats for that.

See the thing is, that you guys assume this is the only fps i play. I've played pretty much every COD. I've played all the Halos. I play BF. I've played quake, left 4 dead (if you consider that a real fps), I've played GoW (looking forward to 3, beta was pretty decent), section 8, cs, killing floor, Golden Eye, Rainbow six, duke nukum, AND FUCKING WOLF ENSTIEN. and probably allot more.

My parents didn't set me in front of cartoons when i was young. At the age of 2 they sat me in front of duck hunt.

And while i prefer consoles WAAAAY MORE, i've played my fair share of computer fps (a mix of some of the ones listed above). I'll admit that i'm not the best at all of them, but i can hold my own in all of them. And rape pretty hard in a few.

mw2 DOES NOT deserve the bad reputation that it has. I've put more time into it (and probably allot of other fps games) than any of you, i can promise you that. And there is skill involved. Some people are good at it. Some people are bad at it. IT IS BALANCED. It CAN BE competitive.

And while there are real problems, i've heard none of the ones i conceder valid, FROM THIS FORUM.

/rage face

And i will not stand by, while a bunch of elitist pricks, hate on a game that is no worse than any of the other games floating around in this pile of shit we call a gaming community, when there is far worse, with far lower skill caps.

This game is has variety, fast pace, decent graphics, and if you look hard enough, some wonderful people playing it.

/end rage face

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ May 17 2011, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
duke nukum, WOLF ENSTIEN.

My parents didn't set me in front of cartoons when i was young. At the age of 2 they sat me in front of duck hunt.

And while i prefer consoles WAAAAY MORE

I've put more time into it (and probably allot of other fps games) than any of you, i can promise you that.

/rage face

And i will not stand by

This game is has...some wonderful people playing it.

Trying way too hard.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 17 May 2011 - 04:39 PM.

AKA:

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ May 17 2011, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trying way too hard.

I agree with otaku, this all suspiciously sounds like someone who was defending a bad game might say.

Just because you invest time into an addictive game and think you're good at it doesn't mean anything- it's like saying you're good at WoW or something :/

:trollface:

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 17 2011, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with otaku, this all suspiciously sounds like someone who was defending a bad game might say.

Just because you invest time into an addictive game and think you're good at it doesn't mean anything- it's like saying you're good at WoW or something :/

:trollface:

I think he's legitimately trolling, actually.

And to be fair, top-tier WoW arena has a massive skill ceiling, approaching that of Starcraft.

AKA:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users