Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Led Monitor Vs Lcd

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

The Other Kyle

The Other Kyle
  • Members
  • 419 posts
  • Steam ID:five_one
I'm looking at getting a second monitor. Ideally I want to get the exact same monitor I have again, but I am having trouble finding it, so I am looking at different options. My current monitor is not LED backlit, but most of the monitors I'm looking at getting are. My question is: will I notice a difference having an LCD next to a LED monitor?
"Suit up boys, that's right, it's the weekend."

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
  • xfire:vaughnlesterinoz
  • Steam ID:teh_HyDr0iD
Yes and no. I was in the same situation as you a couple weeks ago, but one of my friends bought a new 24" LED monitor and when I saw it, despite it being pretty much the 24" LED version of my monitor I wasn't impressed. I know the contrast ratios are a lot higher and there is no backlight bleed on LED monitors, but there wasn't enough of a difference, good or bad, for it to really justify replacing your regular monitor with an LED one (unless its a really really crappy one), nor is there that much of a difference that having one of each will be night and day. There will be a difference that you will spot, but I'd say just get an LED one if you can't find the same one as your first monitor. I was lucky enough to find one the same as my original monitor, and then found out they even had color differences. Different batches of monitors will be slightly different from eachother.

TL:DR - You won't notice too much of a difference between the two although there will be some, but you will find that from varying batches of the same model anyway.

Intel Core i7 870 | Corsair H50 Watercooler | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600MHz
Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy GTX 460 768MB SLI | OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD
2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD RAID-0 | Corsair HX850W PSU | Samsung Blu-Ray

The Other Kyle

The Other Kyle
  • Members
  • 419 posts
  • Steam ID:five_one
Thanks, that helped.
"Suit up boys, that's right, it's the weekend."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users