Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Do You Think Of The Psn Fiasco?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
All I can say is that I am not affected... not scared... and don't really care for the compensation...

But with all the info around the web just pixels away from your mouse.... What do you think is going to happen next? What could have been done better? Who do you think is responsible for this whole mess? (IT WAS ME! icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif)

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
You summed it up nicely. It doesnt affect me, Im not concerned and a month of PSN+ is cool, but whatever. If I cant use paypal to make purchases, my card isnt going on there.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Went to a friends house and wanted to play some tag team MK online with em.. but couldn't. That sucked.

That's how I've been affected.

Was also able to show him this.. which is impossible to patch at the moment, MUAHAHA

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 03 May 2011 - 12:58 AM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

g_pwnage

g_pwnage
  • Members
  • 463 posts
Don't use my ps3 so I don't really care.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
The one thing that I am surprised with is the response from certain people... The fanboys are still just as rabid as they used to be. I was actually having fun knocking some sense into their minds.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
I was sad because I couldn't invade/get invaded by nubs in Demon's Souls. icon_sad.gif

Knight Fall

Knight Fall
  • Members
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Music, playing guitar in my band, xbox, halo, games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:KnightFall1151
Im a diehard xbox fanboy so Im not worried about it. Sucks for those guys who have their cc number on their, but you get what you pay for.
Check out my Pure Pwnage Fan Films Series! Watch here: Pure Pwnage Fan Films

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 2 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I can say is that I am not affected... not scared... and don't really care for the compensation...

But with all the info around the web just pixels away from your mouse.... What do you think is going to happen next? What could have been done better? Who do you think is responsible for this whole mess? (IT WAS ME! icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif)

are you sure you arent affected? if you've ever had you CC number in PSN the hackers got it.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
My ps3 collects dust, waiting for a reason to be turned on. The psn fiasco kind of just made me glad I never had any games where the DLC was worth using my credit card on- it's a shame tho, my cousin's CC was used there so I dont know what he's going to do about it.

*edit* and I'm no Xbox fanboy, I just have a reason to use my Xbox. I've had no reason to use my Ps3 since AC:Brohood + the bit of replayability it had.

Edited by CakeCom, 03 May 2011 - 09:29 PM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (Knight Fall @ May 3 2011, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im a diehard xbox fanboy so Im not worried about it. Sucks for those guys who have their cc number on their, but you get what you pay for.

Just to let you know both Sony and Visa have already cooperated together over this fiasco. The only CC on their server from me is my Visa card so... I'm covered six ways from Sunday.

QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 3 2011, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you sure you arent affected? if you've ever had you CC number in PSN the hackers got it.

I'm not, simply put.
I have over 20 PSN accounts where 6 of them are master accounts. 4 of which are for different countries. I can't remember most of them but only 1 has my old address and my current Debit Card information. That card of which has only 1 more year to go before it expires. All of the sub accounts connected to my main account are all locked. My password for this master account is 19 characters long since it never accepts my 26 character password. Since the passwords are "hashed" I am not even worried. They may have the hash of my password and the 128 bit encrypted Debit Card info, along with my old address and birthday. But they still need my SSN# to make fake accounts. They still need to decrypt everything in order to use anything.

And even if it is used... 10 minutes on the phone with my bank and its fixed.

I have had my Debit Card number taken before. It didn't even affect my credit score when I reported it. About 7 months later I close the account. 2 months after that I get a letter from my old bank stating that someone tried to take out $250.00 via wire transfer. But the account was already closed so it was just declined. Thanks for telling me I guess?

In my own area there have been a slew of people using ghosting methods to get your credit card numbers. Such as putting something into those gas pump station pump card readers. The number of reports.... let me get that news paper... 1,500 reported in my area. In all of Colorado it is 7,100. This newspaper is dated 4-10-11.

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 03 May 2011 - 10:12 PM.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
man i haven't played console games in a while i just realized =[

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 3 2011, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have over 20 PSN accounts where 6 of them are master accounts. 4 of which are for different countries. I can't remember most of them but only 1 has my old address and my current Debit Card information. That card of which has only 1 more year to go before it expires. All of the sub accounts connected to my main account are all locked. My password for this master account is 19 characters long since it never accepts my 26 character password. Since the passwords are "hashed" I am not even worried. They may have the hash of my password and the 128 bit encrypted Debit Card info

your CC info isn't encrypted. It's encrypted in storage, but the way they stole them had them decrypted first. And a hash won't really slow anyone down.

And even if it is used... 10 minutes on the phone with my bank and its fixed.

clearly nobody has ever stolen your credit card before. It's a pain in the ass. Sure you talk to your bank for 10 minutes, go into a branch and fill out a sheet, and you are done, but the money doesn't just come back. It takes more than a month. In my case I had to live off $50 for three weeks and almost overdrew before finding out about it.

This is a situation where it is FAR better to be proactive than reactive.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Rakielis @ May 4 2011, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man i haven't played console games in a while i just realized =[

You really haven't been missing much.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
in a while for me is like 3 months lol

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
W2L.... You live in Nova Scotia. I think you have to deal with it a different way than I do. I had Bank of America when I had my first debit card number stolen. All I had to do was tell them that I didn't make the purchase over the phone and it was refunded for me immediately. I didn't have to go in and sign any papers or nothing. They said that they would handle everything. I never heard of the outcome because I closed my account with them for charging me an overdraft fee twice in a row. Which the exact same thing happened again with my new bank account in the exact same circumstances.

Basically I monitor my account almost every day already. That way I can do the math to figure out exactly how much money I have to just waste on stupid shit. What happened was this, in both situations: I get paid every Friday via wire transfer. Those wire transfers do not show up on my account until Monday. No charges ever show up on a Sunday. So everything that was charged on my card on that day NEVER show up until Monday. So on Monday, about 2 months or so ago, I look at my account. "Oh I got paid again... lets see the charges from the weekend." I will post them for you:
(Read from bottom to top.)

03-21-2011 Deposit Reversed Paid Insufficient FeReversal nsf courtesy 3-21-11 2x $31.00 $827.76
03-21-2011 Deposit Insufficient Funds ChargeReversal nsf courtesy 3-21-11 2x $31.00 $796.76
03-21-2011 Withdrawal Debit Card Overdraft Fee $31.00 $765.76
03-21-2011 Withdrawal Debit Card Overdraft Fee $31.00 $796.76
03-21-2011 POS Withdrawal BURGER KING $6.60 $827.76
03-21-2011 ACH Deposit (Paycheck) $862.68 $834.36
03-21-2011 POS Withdrawal VILLAPIZZA $9.61 -$28.32
03-21-2011 POS Withdrawal TACO BELL $4.02 -$18.71
03-21-2011 POS Withdrawal SHELL OIL $25.44 -$14.69
03-21-2011 POS Withdrawal TACO BELL $4.02 $10.75
03-21-2011 POS Withdrawal TACO BELL $4.02 $14.77
03-19-2011 POS Withdrawal BURGER KING $7.00 $18.79

I added in 3-29 to show that Sunday never see's a single charge on my account. I also deleted store numbers and where I get my paychecks from. I eat out a lot.

But as you see here it is stupid shit like this that happens that pisses me off. As you see on the very top I got both of those charges refunded. Instead of Deposits going in first... CHARGES go in first. So it is Charges, Deposits, THEN fees. So this is what I pointed out to them. So they refunded everything. As you see, there were THREE charges that put me in the negatives... I only got charged twice... When it should have only been once if at all... but why did my paycheck go in before a fee? I saw all of this at 5AM on 03-21-11.

As for BoA... They didn't give me a refund at all.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Don't know about you guys, but BOA has fixed my shit quickly before.

When I played FFXi, I got double charged for one months play. Square enix wasn't willing to help me. I called my bank, they gave me my money back.

I used a public phone at an airport with my debit card for 2 minutes, I got charged 20 dollars. I called BOA, they agreed the price was ridiculous, and I got my money back.

Also the money I'd get back was instant.. as soon as I hung up the phone. It's temporary money however, they "investigate" for 2 weeks and decide if I keep that money.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 04 May 2011 - 05:02 PM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ May 4 2011, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know about you guys, but BOA has fixed my shit quickly before.

When I played FFXi, I got double charged for one months play. Square enix wasn't willing to help me. I called my bank, they gave me my money back.

I used a public phone at an airport with my debit card for 2 minutes, I got charged 20 dollars. I called BOA, they agreed the price was ridiculous, and I got my money back.

Also the money I'd get back was instant.. as soon as I hung up the phone. It's temporary money however, they "investigate" for 2 weeks and decide if I keep that money.

This is how a bank should work.

In Canada, it's a much bigger mess trying to fix an error or theft. Especially Identity Fraud, if that shit happens you're prolly fucked for the next few months of your life.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ May 4 2011, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BOA

Body Odor America....

Sorry couldn't resist. But no they didn't refund me even though it was the exact same as what I posted above that happened back in 05. That and the fact that they took a 250.00 dollar deposit and said it was 25.000 dollars. It was my paycheck.

At my bank I also had a bad run in with another person with the same last name as me... I deposited my check and noticed it was the wrong name with the wrong amount of money in the account on the receipt. I got to see how much another person had in their account. It was 3,425. At first I thought something like eagle eye happened until I looked at the name.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 4 2011, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Body Odor America....

Sorry couldn't resist. But no they didn't refund me even though it was the exact same as what I posted above that happened back in 05. That and the fact that they took a 250.00 dollar deposit and said it was 25.000 dollars. It was my paycheck.

At my bank I also had a bad run in with another person with the same last name as me... I deposited my check and noticed it was the wrong name with the wrong amount of money in the account on the receipt. I got to see how much another person had in their account. It was 3,425. At first I thought something like eagle eye happened until I looked at the name.

Yeah, my name's John Smith so I run into that problem quite a bit.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 4 2011, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
W2L.... You live in Nova Scotia. I think you have to deal with it a different way than I do. I had Bank of America when I had my first debit card number stolen.

Mine was US bank when I was still in Wisconsin. It was probably 3 years ago, so maybe they've increased their processing time to match other banks, but between the time it took them to ship me a new card and the time it took them to process everything I had a few weeks with very little money as there were no branches within 45 minutes of me and I had no car.

They needed me to fill out forms because there were repeated cases in my area that were being investigated.

If you're ok putting up with it then go for it.

And yes, banks in canada suck ass. I hear nova scotia/halifax is a lot worse than places like vancouver and ottawa though.
Give me LoL Referals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users