Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Do You Think Of The Psn Fiasco?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ May 22 2011, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So out of them, you have played just one.

I've played

LBP
Wipeout *edit* I just realized I was thinking of Trials... so yeah apologies for insulting that one- although Wipeout looks worse than Trials >.>
Dead Nation
Infamous
I can't remember the other 2, so yeah I've likely not tried them.

and I don't own a PSP, mostly because I'm a Nintendo fanboy.

Edited by CakeCom, 22 May 2011 - 02:49 AM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 21 2011, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dislike the type of game that Dead Nation is for 2 reasons -

1. It's INCREDIBLY easy to program and make art for that game.
2. That type of game seems to get boring really fast.

Wipeout - Oooooh HD Excitebike... Interesting true, but it gets boring fast.

StarDust - Never heard of it so I'll give you that me calling it shit had nothing to back it up...

Woa... You hate it because it is a simple game for like 10 bux in the PS Store?

That is very disheartening when I am making something that is similar. Not in the shooting aspect but that of the simplicity aspect.

And as for Wipeout HD being an HD version of Excite Bike... I do not think you have ever played Wipeout.... I would have left it alone if you said it was an HD version of F-Zero or Fatal Inertia.

Excite bike allowed you to do some insane tricks back in the NES days. But it was motorcycles... not jets. Plus you can only do barrel rolls in Wipeout.

Edit: Saw your new post.

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 22 May 2011 - 11:52 AM.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 22 2011, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woa... You hate it because it is a simple game for like 10 bux in the PS Store?

That is very disheartening when I am making something that is similar. Not in the shooting aspect but that of the simplicity aspect.

And as for Wipeout HD being an HD version of Excite Bike... I do not think you have ever played Wipeout.... I would have left it alone if you said it was an HD version of F-Zero or Fatal Inertia.

Excite bike allowed you to do some insane tricks back in the NES days. But it was motorcycles... not jets. Plus you can only do barrel rolls in Wipeout.

Edit: Saw your new post.

If you by yourself are making a game, I don't mind how simple it is. I'd probably still buy it if it looked good enough... but the company that made Dead Nation made Dead Nation to cash in on the zombie fanboy craze going on atm (which I'm a part of but besides the point) and decided to make one of the most simple kind of games so it would take them little time and little effort to make some hard $. No matter what kind of game ONE guy works on and completes, I will try it because that takes a lot of effort and time... but an entire company of people should really try harder when they can rather than cash in on today's fads etc.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 22 2011, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you by yourself are making a game, I don't mind how simple it is. I'd probably still buy it if it looked good enough... but the company that made Dead Nation made Dead Nation to cash in on the zombie fanboy craze going on atm (which I'm a part of but besides the point) and decided to make one of the most simple kind of games so it would take them little time and little effort to make some hard $. No matter what kind of game ONE guy works on and completes, I will try it because that takes a lot of effort and time... but an entire company of people should really try harder when they can rather than cash in on today's fads etc.

The developers of dead nation aren't a huge company. Who cares what they were cashing in on if it's a good game? Almost every shoot em up game is pretty simple to program. You're missing out on a great genre. And in reality, a lot of bigger more complex games have a lot less actual programming in them and use third party middleware and engines to fill in all the gaps.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 22 2011, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The developers of dead nation aren't a huge company. Who cares what they were cashing in on if it's a good game? Almost every shoot em up game is pretty simple to program. You're missing out on a great genre. And in reality, a lot of bigger more complex games have a lot less actual programming in them and use third party middleware and engines to fill in all the gaps.

Yeah... but the genre itself is really boring and weak (to me anyway). I've tried games in the genre, I wouldn't just claim that the genre is boring and simple to create without both trying to play and create something in the genre. It just appears like a really repetitive, easy to play genre.

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxizle1
The store still ain't loading where I am. Pretty off it. At least i can play games online though

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
Basically the game we (not by myself.) are trying to make is a simplistic racer game. not a whole lot behind the game, just racing and a lot of action to it. But it will require some expertise to it.

It is not even that complex. Just a simple idea behind it that no one has even considered yet... A game that I thought would have definitely been out before this and yet it hasn't existed yet.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 23 2011, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basically the game we (not by myself.) are trying to make is a simplistic racer game. not a whole lot behind the game, just racing and a lot of action to it. But it will require some expertise to it.

It is not even that complex. Just a simple idea behind it that no one has even considered yet... A game that I thought would have definitely been out before this and yet it hasn't existed yet.

If this is true, I definately applaud you... I'd like to see when you're done.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts
  • Steam ID:sfkingalpha
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:9000
You should like, tell us what the new idea is, man.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
W2L shut up... we've been through this already...

Can't tell... Sorry but I am still in that state of mind where almost all of my ideas have been stolen before I even had a chance to work on them.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 25 2011, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
W2L shut up... we've been through this already...

I didn't say anything. But it's still stupid.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 25 2011, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't tell... Sorry but I am still in that state of mind where almost all of my ideas have been stolen before I even had a chance to work on them.

Technically, by writing it out on a forum you'd have proof that you had the idea first if conflict ever arose.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 25 2011, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Technically, by writing it out on a forum you'd have proof that you had the idea first if conflict ever arose.

It's probably actually safer to share it on a forum than by word of mouth as copyright protection happens once the original idea is properly documented.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 25 2011, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's probably actually safer to share it on a forum than by word of mouth as copyright protection happens once the original idea is properly documented.

Yepp

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I have the number one thing that matters and that is the artwork done by our friend that has timestamps of everything he has done.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 27 2011, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the number one thing that matters and that is the artwork done by our friend that has timestamps of everything he has done.

If your idea is based on art then I can tell you right now it's not as original as you think it is.
Give me LoL Referals.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 27 2011, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your idea is based on art then I can tell you right now it's not as original as you think it is.

I doubt he based it off the art, it's probably concept art after coming up with the idea.

spiri7ussancti

spiri7ussancti
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Steam ID:spiri7us sancti
  • Xbox / GFWL:spiri7us sancti
  • Wii:lolololol
http://www.escapistm...ecurity-Episode

If this hasn't been posted then it needs to be. I'm seriously considering letting this guy make all of my gaming related opinions for me. I really do love most of his shit.

This is spam.. but it's pretty good. - Byakugan

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 27 2011, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt he based it off the art, it's probably concept art after coming up with the idea.

concept art does not indicate any significant gameplay was my point. If he wants his idea to be safe, he needs a print record saying the idea and why it's important. A diagram would work, but concept art rarely gives a good idea of what makes the gameplay special because it's purpose is to show specifically what makes the art/style special.
Give me LoL Referals.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 27 2011, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
concept art does not indicate any significant gameplay was my point. If he wants his idea to be safe, he needs a print record saying the idea and why it's important. A diagram would work, but concept art rarely gives a good idea of what makes the gameplay special because it's purpose is to show specifically what makes the art/style special.

A diagram of how the game is played complete with aim and direction is something similar to filing for a patent. So it is already documented, just not submitted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users