Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Do You Think Of The Psn Fiasco?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 4 2011, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, my name's John Smith so I run into that problem quite a bit.

Oh shit.... Its better than having the last name of Sisneros. Half the time people say "It's C-i-s right?" NOPE it is S-i-s. The name is so popular in Mexico that a beer was named after it. "Yeah I'll have a Sisneros..." Plus people mispronounce it a lot too. Sis Nuhr-rows? Sissy narrows? Sis-sin knee rows? So I always correct them. It is C-SNARE-ROSE

QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 4 2011, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine was US bank when I was still in Wisconsin. It was probably 3 years ago, so maybe they've increased their processing time to match other banks, but between the time it took them to ship me a new card and the time it took them to process everything I had a few weeks with very little money as there were no branches within 45 minutes of me and I had no car.

They needed me to fill out forms because there were repeated cases in my area that were being investigated.

If you're ok putting up with it then go for it.

And yes, banks in canada suck ass. I hear nova scotia/halifax is a lot worse than places like vancouver and ottawa though.

Yeah over here we just make a call and we get a new card within 7-10 business days. They do not require us to fill out anything.

What you probably did was write a statement for the Police to keep in records. But since the internet is so big it is really hard for them to pin a fraudulent charge on someone, or to catch someone doing it.

Like when I got my car shot up by a BB gun one night. Filed the police report and found that 7 other cars in the same parking lot were hit as well. I just felt lucky that it was only my passenger side window. Now that I remember that I do remember getting pulled over just 2 days later for going home sick. The police thought I was a drug dealer or something. Searched my entire car while I was in the cold.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 4 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you probably did was write a statement for the Police to keep in records. But since the internet is so big it is really hard for them to pin a fraudulent charge on someone, or to catch someone doing it.

I'm well aware of what it was for, and my card number wasn't stolen over the internet. It was stolen from a restaurant where I was at the time and they would send it to florida where some other guy would buy gift cards with them.

They caught most of the people involved.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Maybe, but it's pretty bad in Toronto too- trust me.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ May 5 2011, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm well aware of what it was for, and my card number wasn't stolen over the internet. It was stolen from a restaurant where I was at the time and they would send it to florida where some other guy would buy gift cards with them.

They caught most of the people involved.

That is because that can be traced easily. The place the cards were bought, and the person's signature who signed the paper after purchase, would make it very easy to apprehend the culprit. How about the schemes where electronic wires of money are involved? It goes to a bank outside of the US. So by the laws of Jurisdiction the US can not investigate such a case without the co-operation of another country.

10 years ago when E-Bay first started they honored the Sellers argument over the customer's argument. Back then you could advertise selling say... a Sega Dream Cast. Someone would pay you for it and you send a piece of paper in an envelope to the address with a delivery confirmation on it. You make the argument that the package arrived and the seller only see's a piece of paper in an envelope. They changed this later on but now it is a problem where 1 sentence in the product description makes the difference. I bought GTA San Andreas for the PS2 off of e-bay and it came in an envelope. Not only that but the disc didn't work. When I contacted e-bay about it they highlighted where the item description said it was a defective disk. It was a sentence partially obscured into another sentence that stated this. The description was 3 pages long.

Now I only look on Amazon for "NEW" products. I never touch used products anymore.

There are several different schemes in this world on how to get money. And one that is currently pissing me off every day right now are the fucking Nigerian Christian Missionaries selling houses in the US. They are all over craigslist. Every fucking e-mail they send me it always starts out religiously. So I respond: IN PERSON, FACE TO FACE AT THE HOUSE, OR NO DEAL.

I know of three banks here in Colorado that place deposits into banks found in Russia, Cuba, and Italy. And these people do not report taxes. As much as I don't want to pay taxes myself, I have to. But because there are so many fucking loop holes in our system, rich people seem to slip by.

And people want to push forward a class action lawsuit against SONY. There are far worse forces pushing forward these days but no one seems to care enough about them. Instead right now Sony is in the red light.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
It is not getting any better for Sony... With a third attack openly announced on the IRC channels I think Sony is just going to hire everyone on board at this point...

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 5 2011, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is because that can be traced easily. The place the cards were bought, and the person's signature who signed the paper after purchase, would make it very easy to apprehend the culprit. How about the schemes where electronic wires of money are involved? It goes to a bank outside of the US. So by the laws of Jurisdiction the US can not investigate such a case without the co-operation of another country.

It is not easy at all. They caught the one that was sending them because they eventually got enough credit cards to narrow down which place had the employee doing it, which was not easy as everyone in the small town had charges from pretty much everywhere in the town. There were like 10 restaurants 15 bars a grocery store and a walmart. Over the course of a month you have charges from 90% of the businesses in the city.

On the other side, they don't have to sign anything legible, and if they do they don't have to sign it the way they sign something normally, and gift cards are stupidly easy to get rid of. You buy a $50 gas gift card or walmart gift card then sell it on the street for $40. If you buy them at a walmart to begin with on a busy day there will be too many people on the cameras to notice anyone buying 5 gift cards.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
Hopefully it doesn't come to the point where everyone has an "FID" implanted into them.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Just a note to anyone who thinks a hacker would steal a credit card to use it- only a retard would do something like that.

They'd likely sell the credit cards, making it almost untracable to even online surveilance if the hacker's smart enough.

77 million credit cards - $250 a piece- make a lot of money.

In otherwords, if this hacker was smart then I see a new Carder's Market opening up in the near future.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 9 2011, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a note to anyone who thinks a hacker would steal a credit card to use it- only a retard would do something like that.

They'd likely sell the credit cards, making it almost untracable to even online surveilance if the hacker's smart enough.

77 million credit cards - $250 a piece- make a lot of money.

In otherwords, if this hacker was smart then I see a new Carder's Market opening up in the near future.

Only 10 million accounts had real information on them while the other 67 million are all dummy accounts. I myself have over 20 PSN accounts.

But an interesting article came out on the black market for the selling of such information. It went down to around 3-5 dollars a credit card.

Today I received a call from 000-000-0000..... I think Anonymous is trying to contact me...

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 9 2011, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only 10 million accounts had real information on them while the other 67 million are all dummy accounts. I myself have over 20 PSN accounts.

But an interesting article came out on the black market for the selling of such information. It went down to around 3-5 dollars a credit card.

Today I received a call from 000-000-0000..... I think Anonymous is trying to contact me...

3 - 5 dollars? That's pretty weaksauce if it's true.

Also, I can't believe 67 million accounts on the PSN network are dummy accounts :/

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 10 2011, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, I can't believe 67 million accounts on the PSN network are dummy accounts :/

Im pretty sure he meant they are owned by real people, but the details are worthless. IIRC my address was 123 Fake St for example. Pretty useless, dummy information, but its still a real account.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 9 2011, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There just isn't enough demand out there for it since most cards are now "Verified by VISA" and a lot of companies have to register for a bunch of shit in order to have a credit card machine. Its not as simple as buying a machine now a days.

QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 9 2011, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ May 9 2011, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im pretty sure he meant they are owned by real people, but the details are worthless. IIRC my address was 123 Fake St for example. Pretty useless, dummy information, but its still a real account.

They are owned by real people yes, but the account details on them are completely false. You can even use a completely unregistered e-mail address on your PSN account as long as you do not plan on buying anything in the PS Store with a credit card. I know people who have had their login info stolen and tried to get me to give my info to them.

Sometimes I'd try to steal their login info back by saying I was a moderator at Sony who was giving out free games to his friends. I got back 1 account that way.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ May 9 2011, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Errr, I got a call like that at work once and it was from a co-worker who got locked up in jail and was calling me to say he wasn't coming in that day.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (cadetduke @ May 11 2011, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Errr, I got a call like that at work once and it was from a co-worker who got locked up in jail and was calling me to say he wasn't coming in that day.

Why, oh why did I burst out laughing at this?
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ May 10 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is just strange though... Oh... shit.... If it is a call from a jail cell then... Aw shit my buddy might be in jail.... fuck....

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
PSN is finally back up... yay.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
and so nothing of value was lost from this tragic event- the 2 billion dollars Sony lost was well deserving and will likely teach them some lessons on priorities.

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
It was back up last night but Demon's Souls servers were down. I tried again today and now it says the network is under maintenance. icon_sad.gif

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ May 15 2011, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and so nothing of value was lost from this tragic event- the 2 billion dollars Sony lost was well deserving and will likely teach them some lessons on priorities.

Hey hey. This can happen to anyone. Who would want to hack a video gamer's credit card anyway? Didn't the XBOTS say PlayStation owners have no money to buy games? Shit once the hackers started to try and use the numbers they probably got tired of being denied to take out anything more than 15 dollars....

HAHAHAHAHA you have to laugh at that joke icon_razz.gif

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
http://blog.us.plays...-north-america/

FREE SHIT INCOMING.

Looks like PS3 users get 2 of the following for free:
Dead Nation
inFAMOUS
LittleBigPlanet
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD + Fury

Personally, I'm not interested in any of them. I'd rather have the extra space on my hard drive. I appreciate the offer though.

Looks like you can also get free... music? Who the fuck buys music on PSN?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users