Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next Xbox

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

sagorr

sagorr
  • Banned
  • 10 posts
do u know microsoft is going to realise the next generation of gaming console on 2014? how cool is that?

edited by rakielis to get rid of a kind of spammy link

Edited by Rakielis, 25 April 2011 - 06:15 PM.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
how much do you make from ad revenue on your blog saggorr? I know it;s the only reason you're here.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Yusofw

Yusofw
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Sounds plausible. But the 360 won't be getting many games after the nextbox is released.

--------------------
Armour your console with xbox 360 cases.

Edited by Yusofw, 21 November 2011 - 07:58 PM.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
I think the next consoles will truly bridge the gap between console and PC, people will start to realise it's just a bunch of computer parts in a fancy case with a custom OS..

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Yusofw @ Nov 20 2011, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds plausible. But the 360 won't be getting many games after the nextbox is released.

I'm not so sure. Last generation they really needed to push 360 sales to get it to be competitive with playstation in the long run. Now they've established themselves as a brand and don't need to force people to be early adopters quite as much, AND they will probably have twice as many lifetime sales as the original xbox going into next gen meaning better software sales outlook.

Not saying they'll definitely push more 360 games once they launch their next console, but they don't have the same reasons for stopping support that they had with the original xbox.

I hope they push an hd version of kinect with every console next gen. The tech has a lot of potential even if used for complimentary gameplay rather than sole gameplay interface. I think we could see some really cool interaction when people start thinking about it as a compliment to existing games.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 22 2011, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope they push an hd version of kinect with every console next gen. The tech has a lot of potential even if used for complimentary gameplay rather than sole gameplay interface. I think we could see some really cool interaction when people start thinking about it as a compliment to existing games.

Once they get off the friggin' dance craze, but income = money = development :\

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Nov 21 2011, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once they get off the friggin' dance craze, but income = money = development :\

There are only 4 360 exclusive dance games that use kinect vs the 100 or so 360 exclusive kinect games. It's just that the 2 best kinect games are both dance games (dance central and dance central 2), and their release schedule isn't any worse than your standard CoD or Madden, except that Dance Central 2 is a clear improvement over its prequel.
Give me LoL Referals.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
Kinnect is shit.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 22 2011, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kinnect is shit.

Not to derail this topic - but I can't help but feel 'kinect' is the 3D of the console market - no new original content, come up with a gimmicky way to interact with the crappy content.

One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (oldSkool @ Nov 22 2011, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to derail this topic - but I can't help but feel 'kinect' is the 3D of the console market - no new original content, come up with a gimmicky way to interact with the crappy content.

Have either of you played dance central? It's easy to say it's shitty when you just watch people play the game, but the shit is fun. Even Kinect Adventures is more fun than 90% of the games I've played on the wii, and I think that game is pretty stupid.

That said the tech behind it has potential that hasn't been realized by any non-modded games yet.
http://www.youtube.c...p;v=Jp8HLje7BJc
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
http://www.youtube.c...layer_embedded#!

Give me LoL Referals.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
Haven't played dance central, but I was a pro DDR player back in my day. To me, moving around to play a game doesn't add any fun to it. I'd rather go outside and toss a frisbie if that's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Like I said, that's just me. Some people love jumping around in their living room in front of the TV. I don't think it looks stupid at all, it's just not any more fun than me pressing buttons on a pad and getting more precision out of it.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

oldSkool

oldSkool
  • Members
  • 259 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 23 2011, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That said the tech behind it has potential that hasn't been realized by any non-modded games yet.

I'll give full disclosure - I've not used the Kinect, but the games I'm aware of don't look that interesting. However, yes, the tech side is interesting, and I'd be more interested in using in some sort of self-built mod/system: If I could justify the cost.

QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 23 2011, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me, moving around to play a game doesn't add any fun to it. I'd rather go outside and toss a frisbie if that's the kind of thing I'm looking for.

I concur - the same reason I got bored of the Wii pretty quickly. It sits at my parents place gathering dust.

One day, when you're old enough - I'll tell you how I fought in the bit wars...

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
Just bought a kinect (gunstringer/fruit ninja bundle), dance central 2, and AC revelations for the price of a kinect. BLACK FRIDAY LIKE A BAUS

I'm excited to do some kinect experimenting after christmas.
Give me LoL Referals.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
I got an mp3 player, snuggie [2 bucks lol], 2.1 speakers, frying pan for a single egg.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Nov 26 2011, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got an mp3 player, snuggie [2 bucks lol], 2.1 speakers, frying pan for a single egg.

I wish I could use eggs as currency.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 26 2011, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm excited to do some kinect experimenting after christmas.

This is relevant to my interests...

Make a thread when it happens pp_smiley11.gif

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
You don't want to know what I think of the kinect add on. But as w2l said I hope they do not drop support for the 360. As messed up as it is now they should stop trying to reinvent the damn thing. And please leave kinect on 360. Just once I want to play a game at my friends house instead of trying to reconfigure it every 30 minutes because the chair moved... He can't control what his room mate does when he is at work.

And I hope they do not make another halo game. Even uncharted needs to die for at least 4 years.... Pretty soon uncharted will become tomb raider with dinosaurs and underwater creatures..... I would like to see a game similar to that movie source code...... But I am sticking to pc until the new consoles are a year in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users