Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nintendo's Next-gen Console - Finally?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
Pretty sure its just going to be a Wii with HD resolutions... which is what the wii should've been from the start... In fact they should be calling it their current gen console since that last POS was just a gamecube with a motion sensor.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Andrack @ Apr 20 2011, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty sure its just going to be a Wii with HD resolutions... which is what the wii should've been from the start... In fact they should be calling it their current gen console since that last POS was just a gamecube with a motion sensor.

It's supposed to be more powerful than a PS3, and I think they are ditching their wii-like motion control.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
they aren't ditching motion controls, this is backwards compatible with wii games. it is just a new controller.

Ghostwhisp

Ghostwhisp
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Steam ID:STNO | Cptn.Canuck
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ghostwhisp
  • PSN:Cptn_Canuck
Then again, the Wii was backward compatible with Gamecube, and the camecube, obviously lacked motion controls. Who knows what they have in store. What I know is that Diddy Kong Racing was far superior to Mario Kart in every way possible. Drumstick FOREVER!!!!!!!

It's Cptn.Canuck Bitchez

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Apr 20 2011, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they aren't ditching motion controls, this is backwards compatible with wii games. it is just a new controller.

I've thought about this and i doubt it's going to have motion controls.

What I'm going to guess is, the new controller is also going to use bluetooth but it's going to be a normal gaming controller (such as a PS3 controller)

The old controller (the wii controller) would still be able to hook up and maybe they'll have it so you can still plug in the sensor bar but I doubt they'll continuing using motion control. "Hardcore" gamers dont like it, they should know this by now.

Knight Fall

Knight Fall
  • Members
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Music, playing guitar in my band, xbox, halo, games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:KnightFall1151
I never had a wii, prob wont buy this. But the concept sounds interesting.

A screen on a controller? What is this the dreamcast?
Check out my Pure Pwnage Fan Films Series! Watch here: Pure Pwnage Fan Films

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Knight Fall @ Apr 20 2011, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

one can hope...

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
tbh, the dreamcast had better games than the wii :/

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Apr 20 2011, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tbh, the dreamcast had better games than the wii :/

And the 360 and PS3 does the motion-control better than it, as well. Seriously, why should I care about Nintendo's new-fangled-vision-box when their last leap into the future of gaming left themselves and their customers with a busted ass?

QUOTE (Knight Fall @ Apr 20 2011, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, the Dreamcast is amazing and, for its time, was solid-gold. A screen on the controller for a console of this generation, one that's headed towards VR, is garbage and, gasp, a cheap-ass gimmick. If Nintendo has any sense and actually wants to push for something new and awesome, they'll stop cutting themselves over the virtual boy and give za goggles another go.

Gun controller, goggles that truly let me see in first person, hear as if I'm hearing through the character's ears, zombies, zombies all over the damned place, and everything motion sensed--except for the movement controls, because that's a little hard to pull off, currently.

Oh.hell.yes.
Wuggles for everyone!

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Kadjel @ Apr 20 2011, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the 360 and PS3 does the motion-control better than it, as well. Seriously, why should I care about Nintendo's new-fangled-vision-box when their last leap into the future of gaming left themselves and their customers with a busted ass?

The Wii came out like 4 years before the kinnect / move
The Wii managed to defeat both the PS3 and the 360 in sales so obviously they were doing something right.

If you want honesty, all three consoles have been a step backwards in game development. If the technologically advanced PS3 and the 360 and all it's blockbuster games both lose to a PS2 with motion controls then obviously a lot went wrong in this whole generation of gaming.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Apr 21 2011, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Wii managed to defeat both the PS3 and the 360 in sales so obviously they were doing something right.

This is probably the truth, but dont forget the Kinect has broken records for the number of units shifted. As of March, they have sold ten million units, and have achieved the title of fastest selling consumer device. Not console, but device.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Ghostwhisp

Ghostwhisp
  • Members
  • 129 posts
The wii won in sales simply because it was out for so much longer. That's 3 holiday seasons with NO competition whatsoever. It was also marketed as a family system as no system has been before. Regardless off how terrible it was for real gaming, parent's saw that and said "that looks swell for having some genuine family time!" and bought it. Sales don't exactly equate to quality. Though PC gaming is and will always be far superior to consoles, the PS3 and XBOX360, were where the hardcore gamers played when consoles were concerned.

It's Cptn.Canuck Bitchez

Maxorhead666

Maxorhead666
  • Members
  • 279 posts
  • Steam ID:maxnizle1
  • PSN:maxnizle1
QUOTE (Ghostwhisp @ Apr 21 2011, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The wii won in sales simply because it was out for so much longer. That's 3 holiday seasons with NO competition whatsoever. It was also marketed as a family system as no system has been before. Regardless off how terrible it was for real gaming, parent's saw that and said "that looks swell for having some genuine family time!" and bought it. Sales don't exactly equate to quality. Though PC gaming is and will always be far superior to consoles, the PS3 and XBOX360, were where the hardcore gamers played when consoles were concerned.

I don't know where you're from but the Xbox 360 was available in Europe, North America (USA and Canada) and Japan by the 10th of December 2005. The wii hadn't come out in any of these places until the 19th of November 2006... PP3 around the same time i think... anyway, all im saying is that its not a matter of time it was out for, its the fact that it was always so much cheaper than the X360 or PS3, and its extensive marketing, mostly, as you said, as a 'family' system. the fact that its soo much cheaper is also something - as you said sales don't equate to quality.

ULx1KcF.jpg

Battlelog: maxnizle1

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Ghostwhisp @ Apr 21 2011, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the PS3 and XBOX360, were where the hardcore gamers played when consoles were concerned.

I spit milk out of my nose laughing from this one.

Also, pretty sure 360 had the year advantage on everyone- as well as the blockbuster Halo 3 to win everyone over. PS3 I can't say had any exclusive games that would make me go out and buy one (I did buy one eventually, at the time of release I mean) except LBP.

*Edit*
Oh and sales do mean something. The price does have something to do with it for sure, but sales mean the company who knew what they were doing won. The 360's had 1 or 2 good exclusive series and people bought PS3 for the blu-ray player. The wii was a gimmicky console with little to no good games.

The Kinnect has nothing to do with the conversation, the kinnect is not only a completely new factor but it's an idea completely stolen (as well as the sony version). They're just cashing in on the gimmicky market that the wii won over. This is probably why Nintendo's going to attempt "hardcore" (I use that term losely -_-*) games, to just basically steal their own new costumers.

Edited by CakeCom, 21 April 2011 - 04:05 PM.

Ghostwhisp

Ghostwhisp
  • Members
  • 129 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Apr 21 2011, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spit milk out of my nose laughing from this one.

Yeah, I should have made it more clear what I meant there, I realize all real gamers play on PC, but there are a few console games that are at big tournaments, even though they suck balls. Like Halo, Street Fighter, etc. etc.

It's Cptn.Canuck Bitchez

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
The Wii is some crap I only use for emulation and the occasional good game that comes out once every 2 years.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Ghostwhisp @ Apr 21 2011, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I should have made it more clear what I meant there, I realize all real gamers play on PC, but there are a few console games that are at big tournaments, even though they suck balls. Like Halo, Street Fighter, etc. etc.

Street Fighter would be one off the ones that would be under the category of "Legitimately Competitive" on console, imo anyway.

Halo on the other hand, is debatable. When you play with the right rules, it feels somewhat competitive. Imo tho it doesnt feel clean and simple like a normal competitive game would be- probably because of the aim-assist that all FPS games have on consoles. So yeah you're right there.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
I'm gonna start a shitstorm with this, but do you guys realize than when we say a game is better on a console, it's just because of the control? a 50 USD peripheral?

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (Yozki @ Apr 22 2011, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna start a shitstorm with this, but do you guys realize than when we say a game is better on a console, it's just because of the control? a 50 USD peripheral?

No.
PS3 has lower frame rates on a lot of games that XBOX has. Loading times are horrendous. You have to install shit left and right. The controller is nice though.
Also

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Oh I meant Consoles vs Pc's, the controls are the only reason people say racing, fighting and other games play better on them. But wouldn't it be better to just plug a game pad on the PC and play them there?

Anyway we're getting off topic icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users