Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Teh Best Life Ever

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Best_Day_Ever

Best_Day_Ever
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Pure Pwnage Season 1 Episode 10 21:40

Dear Kyle

I love the show and Im a huge fan I watch the eps over and over. You really own.

Jeremy owns too but not as much as you...

I want to thank you for helping me. my life pwns. Your show help me believe in myself and become my true self as a gamer. I am now proud of who I am and it is thanks to your show.
Turns out people don't care if a guy plays games. They just care that he pwns.

So that's why I am writing, thank you so much you changed my life and I know I am not the only one.
Please Don't ever stop making the show.

PP forums should get messages like this every day. Post your life story of how Pure Pwnaged changed your life.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
I'll admit, I'd probably be one of those wannabe white gangsta kids if it wasn't for Pure Pwnage as well as a few other online shows- so I should thank them for that.

Now I'm a white nerd who plays D&D, collects NES games and whores himself out on Minecraft every weekend.
In otherwords, thanks PP. Teh_Best_Life_Ever

Ghostwhisp

Ghostwhisp
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Steam ID:STNO | Cptn.Canuck
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ghostwhisp
  • PSN:Cptn_Canuck
After discovering Pure Pwnage, i was set on a quest to play real games. Way back when, when the cast all claimed that the show was an exaggerated version of their IRL lives, I wanted to be just like Jeremy. Hell, I still do now. I sought out to find those games that he owned at so bad, because back in those days, my idea of a leet game was Ratchet and Clank, which is an awesome game... just not for the likes of the pro gamer. I acquired Command and Conquer 2, 3 and Renegade, completely whoring myself out to the franchise. After many frustrating matches on EA's retarded servers that let pros play against rank one players, I ragequit command and conquer, and wanted to play that game from the skit in episode 15. Team Fortress 2. I had mild success being good at the game, but found an astonishingly calm and fun community to play with. I spent endless hours playing with these guys, and eventually got to upgrade my computer seeing as TF2, HL2, and C&C3 were the only games I could play on my old rig. I busted my wallet trying to afford this machine, and I did. I acquired a gorgeous gaming PC and caught up on everything I missed. I got introduced to starcraft which I now play religiously, I play minecraft, League of Legends, Civilization, Savage 2, more starcraft (brood war, and WOL), and Monday Night Combat. After going nuts with the games i was playing on my new rig, I saw an ad for video game design. I was like, damn, I've never thought about my future before, but I could totally do that, seeing as I've dabbled in the SDK, and UDK before. So I applied to get an information package from a school in Vancouver, and guess what, months later, I'm getting accepted there. So in 2012, I will be beginning my education in video game design, all thanks to one show, which turned this promising athlete into a skinny nerd. I will forever love Pure Pwnage, not only for the entertainment it brought me, but for the inspiration to delve into a world, which I once thought was only casual entertainment. This is going to be my new life and it was all inspired by Pure Pwnage. Thanks for the lols, and we hope you return to this one day. and that, like the day I saw the first episode of PP, will be Teh Best Day Ever.

It's Cptn.Canuck Bitchez

Nogert

Nogert
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,583 posts
  • xfire:Nogert
  • Interests:I like lots of stuff
  • Xbox / GFWL:Nogert
  • Wii:Can't rember :(
  • Gamer Army ID:1209
PP was the first thing to truly inspire me to start filming etc, so I took media in college and I'm going to Uni this year to do games design, so it defined my path in a way.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nogert @ Apr 3 2011, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PP was the first thing to truly inspire me to start filming etc, so I took media in college and I'm going to Uni this year to do games design, so it defined my path in a way.

Holy shit wait a second, you went to College for Filming and you're going to game design in uni?

You can do that? icon_surprised.gif

Nogert

Nogert
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,583 posts
  • xfire:Nogert
  • Interests:I like lots of stuff
  • Xbox / GFWL:Nogert
  • Wii:Can't rember :(
  • Gamer Army ID:1209
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Apr 3 2011, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy shit wait a second, you went to College for Filming and you're going to game design in uni?

You can do that? icon_surprised.gif

Well I did media at college, but it was predominantly games design within the media course. Not to mention that all the uni's I checked didn't require previous knowledge of 3d applications etc, because they teach you that from scratch. So yes you probably could go from film to games.

But yeah, back on topic lol.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (Ghostwhisp @ Apr 3 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After discovering Pure Pwnage, i was set on a quest to play real games. Way back when, when the cast all claimed that the show was an exaggerated version of their IRL lives, I wanted to be just like Jeremy. Hell, I still do now. I sought out to find those games that he owned at so bad, because back in those days, my idea of a leet game was Ratchet and Clank, which is an awesome game... just not for the likes of the pro gamer. I acquired Command and Conquer 2, 3 and Renegade, completely whoring myself out to the franchise. After many frustrating matches on EA's retarded servers that let pros play against rank one players, I ragequit command and conquer, and wanted to play that game from the skit in episode 15. Team Fortress 2. I had mild success being good at the game, but found an astonishingly calm and fun community to play with. I spent endless hours playing with these guys, and eventually got to upgrade my computer seeing as TF2, HL2, and C&C3 were the only games I could play on my old rig. I busted my wallet trying to afford this machine, and I did. I acquired a gorgeous gaming PC and caught up on everything I missed. I got introduced to starcraft which I now play religiously, I play minecraft, League of Legends, Civilization, Savage 2, more starcraft (brood war, and WOL), and Monday Night Combat. After going nuts with the games i was playing on my new rig, I saw an ad for video game design. I was like, damn, I've never thought about my future before, but I could totally do that, seeing as I've dabbled in the SDK, and UDK before. So I applied to get an information package from a school in Vancouver, and guess what, months later, I'm getting accepted there. So in 2012, I will be beginning my education in video game design, all thanks to one show, which turned this promising athlete into a skinny nerd. I will forever love Pure Pwnage, not only for the entertainment it brought me, but for the inspiration to delve into a world, which I once thought was only casual entertainment. This is going to be my new life and it was all inspired by Pure Pwnage. Thanks for the lols, and we hope you return to this one day. and that, like the day I saw the first episode of PP, will be Teh Best Day Ever.

I hope you go on to make or be part of making some sweet games.

I also hope the PP forum doesn't find some shitty reason to rip it apart and tell you why they think it sucks :\

gg icon_wink.gif

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
It lowered my IQ and made me fatter. I stopped watching and my life got better.

Edit: Yes this is a true story.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 03 April 2011 - 05:32 PM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Apr 4 2011, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wut

You're saying the show made you dumber and fatter? were you already dumb and fat to begin with? had the downward spiral already begun?

You never heard 'There's something that I have to do..' song and thought 'wow I really gotta get off my bee-hind, get some fitness into me and start pwning n00bs IRL!'

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Apr 3 2011, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WoW time: Ten Thousand Two Hundred hours.

edit: Wait.. he probably posted that to troll. Also, he farms game hours for trolling. WATCH YOURSELVES AROUND THIS GUY.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 04 April 2011 - 12:01 AM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

LethalShade

LethalShade
  • Members
  • 11 posts
SO like, I was totally good at games before watching the show. After watching it, I was totally pro.

BOOM!Headshot fpsdoug_ani.gif

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Apr 4 2011, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WoW time: Ten Thousand Two Hundred hours.

edit: Wait.. he probably posted that to troll. Also, he farms game hours for trolling. WATCH YOURSELVES AROUND THIS GUY.

Best MMO contributor. I get the feeling he does know his shit and does play this much.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users