Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Type Of Racing Game?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Apr 5 2011, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes they did.

No they didn't

Do you want this to continue or are you going to try and keep it on topic?

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Apr 4 2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No they didn't

i guess everything looks brown when you've got your head up your ass...
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Apr 5 2011, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i guess everything looks brown when you've got your head up your ass...

Serious irony here bro.

Honestly I'm way too lazy to care what your opinion is of me, got a problem? write it down, roll it up and slide it gently UP YOUR ASS

icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess you aren't going to answer my question either, it's ok, keep de-railing this thread dude, means a lot to me.

Edited by Nevermore, 04 April 2011 - 08:25 PM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Apr 4 2011, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly I'm way too lazy to care what your opinion is of me,

Give me LoL Referals.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Apr 5 2011, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are you trying to say? You like Family Guy?

ur prety smrt dude u lyk all the best showz!!

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Apr 4 2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you trying to say? You like Family Guy?

I rest my case.
Give me LoL Referals.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
To keep things on topic, here's a pretty sweet video of some dori-dori action in LFS,

I think it's a pretty good reason to pick up at least the Demo of this game and give it a whirl ( I should write a quick guide on how to set it up so it feels a bit more comfortable, it is a physics simulator after all )
Yes yes, you are looking for something that isn't a simulator and is so far different from current racing games that it's going to make your head spin,

But I think once you get behind the wheel and try kicking it sideways everywhere you might have a bit of fun, after all, fun is what you are after ?

lfs.net icon_wink.gif

QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Apr 5 2011, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rest my case.

Really? icon_neutral.gif Like .. seriously .. are you saying you like Family Guy ? because that's exactly what you're saying. You rest your case because you like Family Guy. icon_confused.gif

You rest nothing mate, cutting my posts in half and posting a youtube video doesn't solve any problems or end any arguments, it leaves an incredibly vague opening at the end of a discussion where some kind of response should be.
I left that question open ended deliberately because I would like you to form words and sentences against me instead of just posting some off-topic video.

What if I said, 'Hey, YouTube doesn't work for me here at the moment, what is your post all about?'

You want to portray sarcasm? What are you trying to say, Family Guy is good at Sarcasm? rolleyes.gif How does that video relate to what I said in any way ...? Are we talking about the weather? icon_neutral.gif Are we talking about Mexicans? icon_neutral.gif Are we talking about Family Guy? icon_neutral.gif Are we talking about you being sarcastic in the way you are replying to my posts? because, if you are, kindly fuck off and stop following me around threads telling me why you think this place hates me and generally stinking up the joint with your lame attempt at sarcasm and/or trolling. icon_smile.gif

Believe me, I'm not being retarded, I just want you to be CLEAR. Clarity bro, can you speak it?

You guys think you're so damn smart with your internet meme's, funny videos and generally hating on users for no apparent reason rolleyes.gif, so here's one I think everyone should watch.

But I hope you don't assume I'm anywhere near as mad as that guy, far from it really icon_smile.gif

Do you see that ^ that was me being clear and concise, next time you post you should try doing that instead of posting an internet re-hash.

I rest my case.

Edited by Nevermore, 05 April 2011 - 09:34 AM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
STOP FUCKING FIGHTING ALREADY GOD DAMMIT!

Ok...

Nice thing to bring up. But what about arcade racers? There are dozens of these rather it be something kooky and unimaginable like you said or fun and twisted crazy?

I was thinking more of something like bikes. Downhill jam was awesome. There was also that racer that no one remembers on XBOX a while back... I still remember the advert of the dude cleaning the tire tracks off of a sky scraper.

But I am seriously getting sick of old racers... Racing used to be simple. Easy and fun. My point is... The racing series just kind of gets left in the dust.

The reason I brought this up was because the team I am working with currently wants to make a game. Taking W2L's wise words I decided to go with it. And well now a new racer is born. Already got models in the works. The layout of everything in the game and how it should work with physics. But I kind of wanted to see what type of racing games YOU want to see come out. Something that would truly be different from the rest.

I can't say much about the game we decided on but I threw the idea at them and they immediately started creating models. So it looks like you will be seeing a new racing game either make it to consoles or the PC.

Do you like racing honorably or fighting to win a race?

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Apr 5 2011, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I am seriously getting sick of old racers... Racing used to be simple. Easy and fun. My point is... The racing series just kind of gets left in the dust.

maybe if you got people to stop complaining about how unrealistic arcade racers are instead of complaining about nobody making them somebody would make one?
Give me LoL Referals.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
nah seriously, no one likes/d nevermore.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Nah people just pretended he was a retard for about 2 weeks cause it was a meme.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Apr 6 2011, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe if you got people to stop complaining about how unrealistic arcade racers are instead of complaining about nobody making them somebody would make one?

Thanks for proving how much of a shit poster you are, I can respect your posts when it's on topic, but to flat out ignore me? blow a goat.

Pretty sure if you read this thread then your post it makes you look like a bigger moron than before, but thanks for trying to keep it on topic.

Maybe I should stop complaining to the shit posters and start complaining about the shit posters so the shit posters keep on posting anyway :|

QUOTE (Rakielis @ Apr 6 2011, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nah seriously, no one likes/d nevermore.

As a Global Moderator you should know better than to post off-topic nonsense about a user based on your own personal opinion, how bout you GTFO. It's not my fault you're not up to date with basic internet lingo, spend some time brushing up on your 1337 skills, then we can talk.

QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Apr 6 2011, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah people just pretended he was a retard for about 2 weeks cause it was a meme.

TSRH

I hated on CRAP, so they tried to hate back, it wasn't very successful .. well I dunno really, they managed to convince a bunch of :tard:s icon_rolleyes.gif

NFS:Shift2Unleashed or whatever the newest one wants to be looks pretty slick, it would definitely be a console purchase for me if I had to own it, but I don't think I will.

Someone should download http://www.projectto...com/heat-online and let this thread know how it goes, free to play racing MMORPG? lolol

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
What do I want? A 2011, HD remake/redux of NFS:UG2. Best racer is best.

Edited by ThrashTitan, 06 April 2011 - 05:01 AM.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Apr 6 2011, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for proving how much of a shit poster you are, I can respect your posts when it's on topic, but to flat out ignore me? blow a goat.

does "rest my case" mean something different in Australia?
Give me LoL Referals.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
As a Global Moderator you should know better than to post off-topic nonsense about a user based on your own personal opinion, how bout you GTFO. It's not my fault you're not up to date with basic internet lingo, spend some time brushing up on your 1337 skills, then we can talk.

ummmmm, considering the state of the forums im not too concerned about it really. i havent broken any rules. i havent abused my mod powers. i merely pointed something out. you are not required to stay here either. remember, you always have the option to leave.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Apr 6 2011, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ummmmm, considering the state of the forums im not too concerned about it really. i havent broken any rules. i havent abused my mod powers. i merely pointed something out. you are not required to stay here either. remember, you always have the option to leave.

I was merely stating that someone in a position of power should have a little more respect for those in the community he reigns over. Bad form, yo. You're setting the example here.

Also, I'm not going anywhere icon_confused.gif

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Apr 6 2011, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was merely stating that someone in a position of power should have a little more respect for those in the community he reigns over. Bad form, yo. You're setting the example here.

Also, I'm not going anywhere icon_confused.gif

I don't know exactly what the fuck set you off like an alkaline bomb but maybe you need to take it easy. This is a forum. Your anonymity is what is keeping you safe. But because Vanity seems to have consumed you... I don't think I can even help you. I admit that I lost it ONCE with Raki but that was over the context of a fanboy troll roll comment.

Anyway...

This game is going to be something completely different. I really do not believe anyone has ever tried to create a game similar to this one. And I mean not even a flash based game has tried this.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Apr 6 2011, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Entire fight

While I agree that making up or using stupid acronyms that noone knows or cares about is... stupid... I also agree that this dude's hating on you for no reason. I also agree that the forums are filled with 4chan meme lovin' cheeseburger eatin' machines.

Back to the topic, I personally like the racing maps in Little Big Planet. It's not about who wins or loses, but it's the visuals that count.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Apr 6 2011, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I agree that making up or using stupid acronyms that noone knows or cares about is... stupid... I also agree that this dude's hating on you for no reason. I also agree that the forums are filled with 4chan meme lovin' cheeseburger eatin' machines.

Back to the topic, I personally like the racing maps in Little Big Planet. It's not about who wins or loses, but it's the visuals that count.

You would be surprised at the art style behind this game. I am very serious. However this game is going to be very competitive.

With ambient themes that can affect you, or help you, they are a part of the game that just might truly stand out. As an inspiration it would be Katamari for making such an odd game. The tracks themselves will be very odd. Another inspiration would be LBP for its simple concept.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
To be honest, not a HUGE fan of racing games- I like Twisted Metal and Super Mario Bros 64 just because you can shoot shit at each other while driving.

Maybe someone should make a racing game like GTAIV, where you have someone shooting and another person driving (drive-bys basically)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users