Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Diablo Iii Circa 2005

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Back in 2005, Blizzard decided to go back to the drawing board on Diablo III and scrapped much of what it had under development. What you might not know is that the studio already had a capable version up and running. Newly discovered screenshots show off what it looked like, and how different it is from what we know of Diablo III today.

Kotaku writes that Blizzard had planned Diablo III as a battle through hell, as expected, but also heaven. Some of the screenshots show areas called "Heaven" and the "Angelic Lands." In these areas, the player faces snakes, snake-men, and gritty winged creatures.

The remaining screenshots are of an area called "Keep." No enemies are shown in the Keep, but we do get a solid look at its architecture. Overall, the art style looks very similar to Diablo II, but using 3D graphics.

Today, Diablo III looks much different (see below), and that's to be expected. Blizzard hasn't been sitting around on its thumbs for the past five-and-a-half years. Not only does it look different, but the current version of the game has a totally new style. Maybe Blizzard wanted something that stood out more from the previous entries in the series?

Source: The Escapist

Screens in the link. Not trying to take away from the current build which looks great; but the old one is very slick and in my opinion would still be very playable today.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Did Titan quest come out around 05? Maybe they wanted to keep those releases spread.

Crazy to see these screens though. Blizz has a LOT of canceled shit. Would be cool to see the rest of what they have.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Feb 16 2011, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Titan quest come out around 05? Maybe they wanted to keep those releases spread.

Crazy to see these screens though. Blizz has a LOT of canceled shit. Would be cool to see the rest of what they have.

lol sc ghost comes to mind. i was never too hyped on that one though

as for the screens, w/e i don't really mind that they scrapped it. their judgement is obviously pretty good with releases and stuff. i really did like looking through them though.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
More than SC:Ghost.
http://kotaku.com/#!353890/blizzard-ha...-you-know-about

* Games People Play
* Crixa
* Shattered Nations
* Pax Imperia
* Denizen
* Warcraft Adventures
* Nomad
* Raiko

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
Damn do want

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
My couzin works at blizzerd. He gave me the 2005 dablo III.

Send me money on paypal and I will email you the game. PM for detaels.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users