Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lets Help Me Buy A New Mouse!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
I have my Razer Lachesis, and I love it so so much. I have bought a little netbook to take to uni, and I cannot stand using the little nipple or the track pad. I was considering buying another Lachesis for the laptop, but I thought Id come here and ask.

I do not care about features for this mouse, it will be for pointing and clicking and thats about it. Its all in the shape for this mouse. I want something that has the same "feel" as the Lachesis; same weight, size, dimensions, ergonomics etc. The reason is my hand has started to hurt a lot lately when I use different mice; it might be a problem, I should get looked at, but for now its ok.

What do you guys think? Is there anything else out there that has the same exterior? Or would I be better off with a second Lachesis?
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

IsThisReality

IsThisReality
  • Banned
  • 8 posts
inb4 Tree hating on Razer mice

-if you want something that feels like a Razer, the only real option is another Razer. If you're lucky you can find a store that sells them and check out if any of them have the feel you're after, but otherwise there are Razer laptop mice you could look into.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
Oh really? I wasnt aware their shape and feel was so unique. I dont like the look of their notebook ones; they seem a little small.

FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
  • xfire:vaughnlesterinoz
  • Steam ID:teh_HyDr0iD
Yea Razer mice tend to have a very unique feel in that they are very ergonomic, without looking like they have massive grooves or fins all over to guide your fingers. I can't stand using my friend's logitech's because they always have some strange grooving or something that wraps around your fingers. Whereas the Razer mice use very subtle flows in the shape to make if fit your hand. The Lachesis as you will notice has concave buttons that are deeper on the center than the edges and then the main body rises up in the center before angling away to the back.

Being ambidextrous its perfectly symetrical, but my Mamba also has another dimension. Because its right handed the peak of the body is slightly off center and there is a very gradual slope over to the right that fits your hand very comfortably.

Here is an example picture:

Compare that to this:

I think the only way you will get something that feels like another Lachesis is to get another Lachesis. Otherwise one of the other ambidextrous razer mice offerings will be the next closest. Maybe a Diamondback 3g or something. Its only a tad smaller than a Lachesis.

Edited by teh_HyDr0iD, 11 February 2011 - 07:55 PM.

Intel Core i7 870 | Corsair H50 Watercooler | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600MHz
Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy GTX 460 768MB SLI | OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD
2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD RAID-0 | Corsair HX850W PSU | Samsung Blu-Ray

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
Hmm I was thinking of a microsoft Intellimouse, but they are actually the same price as a new Lachesis. So ill just grab one of them. Thanks hydroid!

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
what genre are you looking to play? i like my kinzu. Pretty sweet and comfortable for 30$.
I only play sc2 right now so the whole negative acceleration thing isnt a problem for me.

I like that the entire mouse is rubberized, not just the top.
Just suggesting since its half the price of what you are planning to get.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (IsThisReality @ Feb 10 2011, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
inb4 Tree hating on Razer mice

Except for the part where i've only ever told people they should buy Razer unless they want a cheaper option and buy Microsoft ... Yeah man. inb4 me.

=/

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
With respect to performing mice (in gaming at least) - I've yet to see a decent brand that can compete with Razer. I tried those roccat stuff and it's just plain awful. Ergonomic wise it's decent but performance is as bad as the early lachesis (which from experience is decent at first but it screws up over time)

Suprised there isn't much reviews for steelseries in the forums icon_razz.gif always has been razer.

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
i replaced my deathadder with a salmosa, then replaced my salmosa with a steelseries kinzu.
I like the kinzu > salmosa because of the rubber being on the sides as well as top. The kinzu also feels closer to the mousepad with a different center of gravity too.
I think that the actual height of the mouse is the same though..

I also like the way it looks aesthetically, esp next to my 6gv2 that i got to replace my filco.

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
DAM! How have I never seen that Steelseries keyboard? It looks really nice. I'm starting to really dig that simplistic style in keyboards again. Even the basic $20 pos keyboards from Logitech are getting all curved and whatnot. I like the minimal edging around that one. And being mechanical is another plus too.

I may have to look into investing in one soon. I was looking at the Deck Legend before but that one looks nicer.

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
QUOTE (teh_HyDr0iD @ Feb 17 2011, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may have to look into investing in one soon. I was looking at the Deck Legend before but that one looks nicer.

I originally had a filco tenkeyless with blues, but decided to go with the blacks.
The one depicted is the 6gv2, i got it for 60$ used.
Esp since its mechanical, there should be very minimal difference between something a few months old and one brand new.

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey
  • Members
  • 487 posts
  • xfire:vliegendehollander7
  • Xbox / GFWL:lmao
  • PSN:roflpop
  • Wii:lol
If it's just for your notebook, i'd suggest the Razer KRAIT which isn't expensive and still has a nice feel to it IMO

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
QUOTE (FunkyMonkey @ Feb 19 2011, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it's just for your notebook, i'd suggest the Razer KRAIT which isn't expensive and still has a nice feel to it IMO

The Krait isn't available anymore in the market - the salmosa has already replaced the Krait icon_sad.gif

+ I have a notebook and I use a deathadder and it works just fine - kinda big but it does everything i need to do icon_smile.gif

correction @_@ the Abyssus replaced the salmosa as well

Edited by ACG137, 20 February 2011 - 04:45 AM.

teh_HyDr0iD

teh_HyDr0iD
  • Members
  • 343 posts
QUOTE (ACG137 @ Feb 20 2011, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Krait isn't available anymore in the market - the salmosa has already replaced the Krait icon_sad.gif

+ I have a notebook and I use a deathadder and it works just fine - kinda big but it does everything i need to do icon_smile.gif

correction @_@ the Abyssus replaced the salmosa as well

Which is sad. The Salmosa was really nice IMHO. I do like the hardware switches on the bottom of the Abyssus though for setting dpi and poll rate rather than needing the drivers.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
Well I have decided to get another Lachesis, since I love the grip so much.

What I need now is a VERY small mousepad.

I have the goliathus standard size, and its fucking huge. The omega isnt a hellova lot smaller either.

Small mousepad suggestions anyone?

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Qck Mini?

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Yeah, probably a QcK Mini.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
That looks like a good one. 250mm should be small enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users