Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Halo Remake Before The End Of 2011

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Kanashe

Kanashe
  • Members
  • 306 posts
  • xfire:hamio
Joystiq reports today that the first game in the Halo franchise, 'Halo: Combat Evolved', is going to be remade and released on it's 10 year anniversary. Saber Interactive - the company behind 'Timeshift' and the upcoming 'Inversion' - will be the developers behind the remake. No word yet on the engine powering the game, but it has been revealed that it wont be the Reach engine.
The remake will be more than just the same original Bungie game with updated graphics. The new game will be built from scratch with all new art assets, and will support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions (for that one guy who owns a 3D television).

Hey Microsoft, here's a special announcement for you!

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (Kanashe @ Feb 10 2011, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Microsoft, here's a special announcement for you!

Why? It's the best game in the series and anything other than this, such as another spin off or Halo 4, would just be a cash in. People actually want this...

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Feb 9 2011, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? It's the best game in the series and anything other than this, such as another spin off or Halo 4, would just be a cash in. People actually want this...

343 is making some other new halo thing.

But I agree otherwise.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Not sure if want...

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

Win! I loved Halo1PC a fucking lot.. and I do hope they bring this Halo 1 remake back to the PC cause that's where I'd wanna play it. icon_biggrin.gif

Knight Fall

Knight Fall
  • Members
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Music, playing guitar in my band, xbox, halo, games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:KnightFall1151
I think I would enjoy it if it came out. As long as 343 doesnt butcher it.
Check out my Pure Pwnage Fan Films Series! Watch here: Pure Pwnage Fan Films

Kanashe

Kanashe
  • Members
  • 306 posts
Aaaand this is why I hate all Halo fans in general, because they'll buy any shitty Halo game no matter how much reindeer dick will it suck. Hell they swallowed that godawful Halo RTS, what's stopping you from buying this trash and considering it an awesome remake?

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
OP makes topic about something he hates anyway and thus will never play/watch
Posters reply with honest/reasonable responses
Op rages hard

Yup, we're in a Kanashe thread all right

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
Does the xbox version have aim assist?
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Kanashe

Kanashe
  • Members
  • 306 posts
QUOTE (Xayun @ Feb 10 2011, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OP makes topic about something he hates anyway and thus will never play/watch
Posters reply with honest/reasonable responses
Op rages hard

Yup, we're in a Kanashe thread all right

Fuck you very much. I actually did play the 1st Halo on the PC, and wasn't exactly blown away by it like the majority of lemmings were, the story was crap, the on-line gaming wasn't anything special or interesting, and the graphics were just mediocre. So in short, you can go and eat shit with your crap that I never played any of the Halo games.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Kanashe @ Feb 10 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fuck you very much. I actually did play the 1st Halo on the PC, and wasn't exactly blown away by it like the majority of lemmings were, the story was crap, the on-line gaming wasn't anything special or interesting, and the graphics were just mediocre. So in short, you can go and eat shit with your crap that I never played any of the Halo games.

For the time it was released it was one of the best games around.

The PC version was a straight port released 2 years after the original Xbox version. Of course it didn't look awesome.

I didn't play Tetris till yesterday, and I wasn't exactly blown away by it like the majority of lemmings were, there is no story at all, the on-line gaming wasn't anything special or interesting, and the graphics are TERRIBLE.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Kanashe

Kanashe
  • Members
  • 306 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 10 2011, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The PC version was a straight port released 2 years after the original Xbox version. Of course it didn't look awesome.

I didn't play Tetris till yesterday, and I wasn't exactly blown away by it like the majority of lemmings were, there is no story at all, the on-line gaming wasn't anything special or interesting, and the graphics are TERRIBLE.

Mhm, sure it was, among the frat boy crowd and the little whiny bastards. An honestly, I don't care if it was released two years after the Xbox game, it still sucked, and yes I watched the Xbox version, it's on the same level of suckage as the PC version. So in short, all the Halo fanboys can just kiss my skinny white ass and jump of a cliff, least that way they'll do something good for once.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
Peace son. Seems you need hugs.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Kanashe @ Feb 10 2011, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So in short, you can go and eat shit with your crap that I never played any of the Halo games.

That's...not what I said

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,067 posts
  • xfire:badazzewok
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ganonheart
QUOTE (Kanashe @ Feb 10 2011, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mhm, sure it was, among the frat boy crowd and the little whiny bastards. An honestly, I don't care if it was released two years after the Xbox game, it still sucked, and yes I watched the Xbox version, it's on the same level of suckage as the PC version. So in short, all the Halo fanboys can just kiss my skinny white ass and jump of a cliff, least that way they'll do something good for once.

What the mother fuck you eating son? You claim to be a gentlmen above Halo, thus you act younger, such as a Cowa Doody playa. Stop typing, take a deep breath, and become a Aliens vs Predator 2 gamer.... and you are back in the room. *clicks fingers*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Feb 10 2011, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with everything in this post. Back in 2003 when it came out? for good MP FPS games you had Halo1PC.. Counter Strike Source and Battlefield 2 were still a year or two away so when I first got my 1.5Mbit ADSL? I was playing Halo1PC and it fucking rocked. Never have I had so much fun with CTF, and never again have I seen Assault-CTF where each team has to get their flag INTO the enemy base, so one team defends while the other attacks for three minutes and then it flips.. goddamn those were good times.. that and Rally Race was hella fun too. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh.. and my first post on the forums I was talking about Halo1PC back in 2004. True story.

But yeah... If this actually gets remade? awesome. If not? meh there's still Battlefield 3 coming out later on this year. icon_wink.gif

ROFL! Tetris omg it looks like it was made over 20 years ago it's so 2D n stuf and it's not in 1080P and doesn't support my 3D glasses. icon_razz.gif

Kanashe? I'm gonna have to ask you to chill the fuck out. Stop flaming like crazy, if you hate the remake so damn much just leave the thread you created cause your flaming is getting out of control brah and if it continues you will get a warn level increase.

Blanetrain

Blanetrain
  • GA Private
  • 1,163 posts
  • xfire:blanetrain
  • Interests:Whatever you want them to be.
  • Steam ID:blanethetrain
  • Gamer Army ID:2367
  • Company:India
I love how Kanashe used the term frat boy crowd in a derogatory fashion, however, talks and acts much like a frat boy himself. Plus he contradicts his own argument every other sentence, so respectable...

Co-op through the first Halo was definitely a fun way to spend 10 hours.

Definitely does not need to be remade though, but financially, how could they not? It would make a killing. Especially with multiplayer.

Would you like to look at some of my wares?

http://www.twitch.tv/blanetrain

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
ill be stunned if its any good. its not made by bungie. both the PC games and the RTS have shown that no one really understands halo except for bungie.

edit to clarify: i know that the halo 1 and 2 pc games are almost exactly ports, im just saying they were poorly executed. the netcode was a mess, everything just lacked the extreme polish that halo has.

Edited by Rakielis, 10 February 2011 - 05:57 PM.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
Yup, ya'll posting in a Kanashe thread for real.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Feb 10 2011, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does the xbox version have aim assist?

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)