Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlefield 3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Haha, see I don't use stealth anymore. I really like the addon that lets u lock on super fast so I use that ;p

Im also shit with the machine guns unfortunately. Unless it's a floating f-35 or a chopper Im usually pretty terrible at hitting anything with the machine gun haha.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (CakeCom @ Mar 2 2012, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, see I don't use stealth anymore. I really like the addon that lets u lock on super fast so I use that ;p

Im also shit with the machine guns unfortunately. Unless it's a floating f-35 or a chopper Im usually pretty terrible at hitting anything with the machine gun haha.

Yea. I'm always dumbfounded by how quickly people can instakill me in tanks/planes, but when I am trying to shoot them it's like I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with anything but the plane itself.

It really sucks because I'm great at getting behind other jets, but where it takes them 5 seconds to kill me I have to chase them for 2 minutes before I shoot them down or accidentally kill myself somehow.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Mar 2 2012, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really sucks because I'm great at getting behind other jets, but where it takes them 5 seconds to kill me I have to chase them for 2 minutes before I shoot them down or accidentally kill myself somehow.

Fucking exactly this.

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • xfire:Spieku
  • Steam ID:Re
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sensemia420
Screw the ecm jammer man i hate that thing i got a lock no i don't BOOOM im dead

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Beam scanning, extinguisher, guided missile.

I use that for air to air. You can avoid locks or even dodge missiles if you dive and go striaght with afterburner. If you do get hit, extinguish and keep going.
I have trouble knowing if I used ECM jammer or not, the in-plane HUD is fucked up and displays things that arent true sometimes. Such as extinguisher or jammer being ready when I've JUST used them. I see no real advantage to jammer over flare...

Also going in a tight circle 1v1 against a jet will lose them. If they can make tight circles like you it'll just be a game of patience. They eventually give up and you can get behind them. (I was in this circle loop for over a minute once)

I play on PC though so flight mechanics might be different like console BC2 and PC BC2.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
Flight mechanics are mostly the same, it just imo takes a bit more practice. I've become pretty skilled in the jets on console.
lol the irony in that last sentence

I'm not amazing at dodging missiles yet, I have an okay time against most things it's just other jets I have problems avoiding. Dodging choppers + ground missiles isn't very difficult.

Only advantage to JAMMER is avoiding Javelin + SOFLAM teams (I'd assume), but if you're low enough to the ground to get hit by that as a jet you're probably doing something wrong.

Only vehicle I MIGHT use the JAMMER on is the scout helis, because tanks with guided shells become your number 1 predator on the maps with these things (imo anyways. There's also enemy scout helis but I usually have no problem taking these guys out ;P).

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
Doesn't being low work to your favor sometimes? You activate "under the radar". That's how I lose most missle, getting low. Maybe going over a hill makes the missle hit the ground. Wish there was rear view so I could see what's really happening..

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Mar 6 2012, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't being low work to your favor sometimes? You activate "under the radar". That's how I lose most missle, getting low. Maybe going over a hill makes the missle hit the ground. Wish there was rear view so I could see what's really happening..

If you're up high and someone's firing a missile on you, going low does seem to lose the missile. But being low puts you at the disadvantage of having 500 things locking onto you at once so you want to stay there for as little time as possible.

XxnickpwnsxX

XxnickpwnsxX

teh_haxerer

• Members
  • 1,380 posts
  • xfire:XxnickpwnsxX
  • Interests:Gaming.
  • Wii:1022457914764821
I just hate BF3 for PC has no VOIP I had to join a clan and only play when they are on or its no fun....I hate that there is no squad voice or anything but console has it....very disappoint what was I expecting it is EA....

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
you seriously can't have fun with out some kind of voice chat? i usually mute the talkers....

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
And seriously, if you're playing on PC you always have the option of using the 500 VOIP programs that have been used for gaming since teh beginning of time.

Ventrilo
TeamSpeak

Fuck I use Skype when I play games like Left 4 Dead icon_razz.gif

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • xfire:Spieku
  • Steam ID:Re
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sensemia420
What u guys think of new patch i'm stoked for the mav's being nerfed, and i'm not so sure I can dig flares losing a jav or even guided missles after being painted but they did increase the damage on both those missiles.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

So far? I like all the changes of the new balance patch, but I would like to see a bit more range on Stingers since usually that first flare will usually still make the missile missile miss so then you have to launch a second one to get him.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
QUOTE (XxnickpwnsxX @ Mar 24 2012, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hate BF3 for PC has no VOIP I had to join a clan and only play when they are on or its no fun....I hate that there is no squad voice or anything but console has it....very disappoint what was I expecting it is EA....

I agree that playing without voice is substantially shittier. I just use steams voice chat now though.. havent had to install vent or TS in years. But yeah thats generally how you do it in PC games... no VOIP.

The new SOFLAM/STINGER/JAV/LOCKS/FLARES

This patch changed all of this so much that I don't even know what's buffed and what's nerfed. I remember reading the notes and they all got tweaked in a way that... buffed and nerfed them all?

Any summary of what's going on?

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

There's no easy summary... anything that can hurt anything all got tweaked to suit their roles better... so now it's just play to your gametype forte... if you like to run around and do close range? shotguns and smg's, if you like medium/long ranges? assault rifles... you get the idea. Overall? A much needed patch, maybe small tweaks is all that's left.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
tbh this patch kind of scares me.

I was one of the guys who would go for MAV kills every once in a while, I'm disappointed you can't get multikills anymore icon_sad.gif
Also it sounds like choppers are just weak against everything... icon_sad.gif

*I'm on Xbox so no patch yet :3*

Edited by CakeCom, 03 April 2012 - 02:21 AM.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,864 posts
The summary I was reffering to was for missles/flares/soflam type stuff.

I know tons of guns and stuff got tweaked. But what me and my squad usually did for fun is SOFLAM and take down vehicles from rooftops all game. Thats what I wanna know.. will soflam/jav squads have a harder time? At the same time, as a jet pilot, I want to be avoiding missiles easier too lol..

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

Well, for lock-on missiles like the Stinger? They now fly faster, and flares no longer cause them to lose their lock-on they can only distract the missiles. BUT, their lock-on range got taken down big time which I don't agree on cause a heli co-pilot could easily now use zoom optics and just long-range rape you which is ghey lol. Helis now fly more arcadish like in BF2 so you get to see a lot more crazy tricks done with them.

Overall? I do like the patch. SOFLAM's still work alright. One handy thing is now when you deploy a SOFLAM it doesn't automatically put you into the camera so you can plant it and run... handy when a tank is hunting you. icon_razz.gif

Oh and they made it so any missile that hits air units only disable with one hit, no more insta-kills with RPGs or SMAWs. icon_sad.gif

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Apr 3 2012, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and they made it so any missile that hits air units only disable with one hit, no more insta-kills with RPGs or SMAWs. icon_sad.gif

That also is a big difference because previously they didn't disable on the first hit, so the jets/helis would repair themselves if you flew around for a bit. Once you disable something they get damaged over time unless they have something that stops it.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

You mean fire extinguisher perk? icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic