Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Geoff/kyle Interview?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (Tom Bom @ Jan 30 2011, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Jarret was kind enough to give us an explination because he knows how much this series means to us. Geoff should do the same.

Would you like him to actually tell us that he is sick of PP? I would not. Id like to leave it up in the air.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Tom Bom

Tom Bom
  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Video games, weed, surfin the internets, and stuff like that.
  • Xbox / GFWL:thomas455
QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Jan 30 2011, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you like him to actually tell us that he is sick of PP? I would not. Id like to leave it up in the air.

Maybe he's not sick of PP. Maybe he's just biding his time and trying other things and if they don't work out he'd go back to it. I donno i like to try and be somewhat optimistic.

I'm sorry if I seem selfish or if i've said anything mean. I love Geoff's work and all he's done. I just don't want pure pwnage and the noob store to go away... I don't want to lose it.

Edited by Tom Bom, 30 January 2011 - 03:22 AM.

brendanraymond

brendanraymond
  • Members
  • 195 posts
big G should have a glass of concrete and hardn the f up

he owes us all some kind of closure, after all, if it wern't for the fans, he would have gotten nowhere.

a pissy little interview is nothing too big to expect... especially if this is the end as we know it.

DarkAscension

DarkAscension
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,796 posts
  • xfire:CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DOWNLOAD
  • Interests:Gaming, Pure Pwnage, Acting, Filmmaking, Writing and Reading (in that order).
  • Xbox / GFWL:K1d P5ycho
  • PSN:K1dP5ycho
  • Gamer Army ID:530
QUOTE (brendanraymond @ Jan 30 2011, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
big G should have a glass of concrete and hardn the f up

he owes us all some kind of closure, after all, if it wern't for the fans, he would have gotten nowhere.

a pissy little interview is nothing too big to expect... especially if this is the end as we know it.

*facepalm*

You're right about closure, but...

*facepalm*
19/09/2012 - Welcome Back Pure Pwnage!

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
I say let him go

He can only return after he makes his fortune and provides all kinds of 1337 gear to make internet-movie-pwnage

WhisperXBA

WhisperXBA
  • Members
  • 29 posts
Obviously he's just a coward, ashamed his career is going nowhere, and ashamed he gave up on his best chance of being remembered.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (Myren @ Jan 30 2011, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does he owe us an explanation? Cant you just be satisfied with whatever reason he left was a valid reason?

How do we know it was valid? It's nice that you'd like to remain positive, but he's still the guy who dropped communication with the fans and seemingly vanished off the face of the Earth, leaving us all to wait months upon months just hoping that a new episode of the web-series would eventually come out. I think he does somewhat owe us an explanation seeing as the only reason we even know the web-series discontinued because of him was through a second hand comment Jarett made in an interview.

If that's the truth, yes. Obviously he'd phrase it a little more tactfully than that, I'd think.

QUOTE (Tom Bom @ Jan 30 2011, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Jarret was kind enough to give us an explination because he knows how much this series means to us. Geoff should do the same.

Basically, this.

Edited by LalaLand, 30 January 2011 - 10:34 AM.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (WhisperXBA @ Jan 31 2011, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously he's just a coward, ashamed his career is going nowhere, and ashamed he gave up on his best chance of being remembered.

Deep.

Okami Yushin

Okami Yushin
  • Members
  • 72 posts
QUOTE (Myren @ Jan 30 2011, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does he owe us an explanation? Cant you just be satisfied with whatever reason he left was a valid reason?

I don't think anyone's expecting a memoir from him. If he could so much as say that it was due to creative/personal differences with the rest of the crew, I think fans would accept it and move on. It's safe to say that (at least the majority of) fans are so interested because they care about the series and the crew, not because they feel like he owes them something, or because they want to rip into him for leaving. That's why everyone appreciated the thread Jarett made earlier, and that Joel and Melanie have posted on the forums since.

Edited by Okami Yushin, 02 February 2011 - 03:47 PM.

Thunder

Pantsman

Pantsman
  • GA Sergeant
  • 892 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:136
If Geoff's decided that he's done with PP, then that's his right. He's got to do what he things is best. I'd love to hear an interview with him and find out whether he's really given up on the show and why, but he certainly doesn't owe it to us.

Suppose you worked your ass off to throw a big-ass party, spent money out of your own pocket to stock an open bar and hire live music, and everyone came and had a fantastic time. Then a week later your friends started calling you to complain that there was no word of another one, saying "we made that party a success, you owe us!" Those would be some pretty shitty friends, wouldn't they?

None of the cast owe us anything. They poured years of their lives into giving us a great show, and they did it for free. It wasn't a success because the community chose to make it one, it was a success because the creators made it so damn good. All we did was show up and enjoy it. If anything, its success was what we owed them for giving us something so great.

Geoff has his reasons for whatever he's doing. It's his life, and it's for him to decide what reasons are "valid" and what aren't. The most we can do as fans of his work is to respect that.

Tom Bom

Tom Bom
  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Video games, weed, surfin the internets, and stuff like that.
  • Xbox / GFWL:thomas455
QUOTE (Pantsman @ Jan 30 2011, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Geoff has his reasons for whatever he's doing. It's his life, and it's for him to decide what reasons are "valid" and what aren't. The most we can do as fans of his work is to respect that.

nah. he should at least say why he wants to discontinue the series when Jarret is willing and ready to go.

Okami Yushin

Okami Yushin
  • Members
  • 72 posts
QUOTE (Pantsman @ Jan 30 2011, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Geoff's decided that he's done with PP, then that's his right. He's got to do what he things is best. I'd love to hear an interview with him and find out whether he's really given up on the show and why, but he certainly doesn't owe it to us.

Suppose you worked your ass off to throw a big-ass party, spent money out of your own pocket to stock an open bar and hire live music, and everyone came and had a fantastic time. Then a week later your friends started calling you to complain that there was no word of another one, saying "we made that party a success, you owe us!" Those would be some pretty shitty friends, wouldn't they?

None of the cast owe us anything. They poured years of their lives into giving us a great show, and they did it for free. It wasn't a success because the community chose to make it one, it was a success because the creators made it so damn good. All we did was show up and enjoy it. If anything, its success was what we owed them for giving us something so great.

Frankly, the community is part of what made the whole experience as enjoyable as it was. Certainly, it wouldn't have been possible without the crew, but it also wouldn't have become what it was had fans only watched the episodes and chosen not to participate in making Pure Pwnage as fun as it was (hell, some fans got a shout-out in the WoW raid in ones of the TV episodes). I don't think he owes us an explanation, but I do have to ask why he would seemingly just turn his back on the community, and it really kinda sucks. I think what most fans want is some sense of closure and understanding, which Jarret tried to give. Nobody wants Geoff to go into every detail for his decision(s), just to what the future may hold (i.e., he's never planning to finish the Web series, he might come back to it if he has time, etc.).

Edited by Okami Yushin, 30 January 2011 - 01:36 PM.

Thunder

Pantsman

Pantsman
  • GA Sergeant
  • 892 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:136
The community only existed because the show was good enough that people wanted to talk about it. People joined the community because it brought them joy, not because they were deliberately trying to boost the show in the hope of reward. The community WAS the reward.

Like I said, I too hope that Geoff will tell us what's up. But after all he's given us, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Whatever happens, I for one wish him the best.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
QUOTE (Pantsman @ Jan 31 2011, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldnt have said it better.

FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
Definitely would be great to hear icon_smile.gif

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,215 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102
I'll eat a box of peeps if geoff ever gives more information out.

and i HATE peeps.

Thing is, he gave an official/professional reason already and left it at that. Why? Because anything else is most likely personal.

While I'd like to think that behind the scenes pure pwnage is all hookers and blow, it is not. These guys are actually pretty smart and down to earth. No rockstars here. Just guys trying hash out a living from what I have seen, and at this point he is trying to move on. But honestly, this will be a question that will follow him for a long time. The longer it goes unanswered the more people will ask. Hell I'm curious as hell, but honestly its just that Hollywood Gossip side that wants to know the dirt. It's rly not our business. Hate to say it. But its true.

But just for the sake of having an answer, can we just say Geoff left pure pwnage cause of hookers and blow?

Okami Yushin

Okami Yushin
  • Members
  • 72 posts
QUOTE (Dr.Toker @ Jan 30 2011, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll eat a box of peeps if geoff ever gives more information out.

and i HATE peeps.

Thing is, he gave an official/professional reason already and left it at that. Why? Because anything else is most likely personal.

While I'd like to think that behind the scenes pure pwnage is all hookers and blow, it is not. These guys are actually pretty smart and down to earth. No rockstars here. Just guys trying hash out a living from what I have seen, and at this point he is trying to move on. But honestly, this will be a question that will follow him for a long time. The longer it goes unanswered the more people will ask. Hell I'm curious as hell, but honestly its just that Hollywood Gossip side that wants to know the dirt. It's rly not our business. Hate to say it. But its true.

But just for the sake of having an answer, can we just say Geoff left pure pwnage cause of hookers and blow?

Can you link/tell me where he said this?
Thunder

Dr.Toker

Dr.Toker

MoTM Dec 07| Teh Tokerer | Best GA Contributor 08 & 09

• GA Brigadier General
  • 2,215 posts
  • xfire:doctortoker
  • Interests:Computers, pwning noobs, pwning my GF,
  • PSN:ShadyToker
  • Wii:5719241413012107
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:102
QUOTE (Okami Yushin @ Jan 30 2011, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you link/tell me where he said this?

Correct me if im wrong but he was quoted in an interview, or a post from Jarett that he left roflmao to work with showcase. Now, that's kind of a bullshit answer it seems. But, its the official answer. idc enough to find the links. Im at work.

milan

milan
  • Members
  • 229 posts
I could be getting this wrong, because I don't have time to check all facts, but I remember Jarett saying something in one of his forum messages, the one that mentioned they were working on a 'Project X'.

He mentioned Geoff leaving the webseries, and either in that post or in a later interview, Jarett said that Geoff had decided to leave most of his production roles with the web-series in the month of September, shortly after the 2-part "Just the Guys" episodes were released (ep.17+ep.18).

The tragedy of Troy passing away happened later in December, months after Geoff's supposed 'resignation' from the web-series. So as far as I can tell, Geoff leaving was not related to the tragedy, but it still could be part of the reason that he was discouraged to never pick up the project again.

Geoff did sooooo much ridiculously intense work on Pure Pwnage and I wonder if he felt like the work:payoff/recognition ratio was just not worth it; alongside that, people change, circumstances change, etc...

The manner in which Jarett downplayed the subject in his interview made it seem rather sensitive though, perhaps intrapersonal... maybe one day they will hop into a teamspeak server and explain everything about everything, along with the meaning of life.

The thing really is that so many people really love the Geoff and his work, and maybe are curious/worried about him. He has inspired so many across the world. Finally, when he left the show, he would have known that it would be near impossible for Jarett to do on his own.. There is a lot that is unanswered, but when you are building a business around an internet community around a webshow, which you are using to build a career from nothing, it does seem that you DO kind of have some certain obligations to your supporters; the ones who only want to support you/your work.

Please let Bryce/Drjft do an interview with you, Geoff. He is very non-confrontational and makes a comfortable interview... Even a short talk would be very healthy for the community and in my opinion, personally for Geoff too.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
QUOTE (milan @ Jan 31 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even a short talk would be very healthy for the community and in my opinion, personally for Geoff too.

Not attacking you, but I think this would be an absolutely terrible idea for the community. Having Joel, Jarett and Geoff all say that PP has had its day will do nothing except destroy the last remains of this forum. Surely you have seen whats happened here since Jaretts interview; the community is in an extremely unhealthy state. I for one respect Geoff's decision to leave, for whatever reason it might be, and dont wish to see the last remains of this community abandoning ship. There isnt anything to be said that is healthy for the community that realistically speaking, has not been said already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users