Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Interview With Jarett

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Drjft

Drjft
  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drjft
Hey what's up everyone. Yes it is me again, and I have yet another interview lined up with the PP crew... This time with Jarett Cale. I want your input for questions you have, however just one thing! The future of PP is basically known. The web series is on indefinite hold, that came from Jarett himself. I don't mind asking stuff about the story/universe/characters etc, but we know what's going on with the show now...

Fire away! I'll compile them all and ask them when me and Jarett talk icon_smile.gif

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,730 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
Have you had any promising things happening in L.A.? (I'm sure you can't go too much into details if so)

Why don't you perhaps cameo from time to time on SITMOS via Vent or Skype or w/e? That'd be pretty cool.

What games have you been into lately and are you looking forward to SW:ToR mmo?

What games of 2011 are you most looking forward to?

Would you be willing to participate in a fan game night if we like... bought you CS:S or TF2 on an alt. steam account?

What's your opinion on the Kinect and Move?

If you've played any of the newest titles such as Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, or Metroid M (or w/e the shit), what did you think of them?

I'm fucking stoked for TV DVD. Will there be any autographed copies available for purchase?

shawnrez

shawnrez
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Wrestling, Comic Books
Thanks for doing these interview, drjft! My question is simple: any chance of a dvd set containing the season 2 episodes that were released? Possibly with any unused footage (like the scene Joel filmed) or revealing what would have happened in the story had the series continued?

Thanks!

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
There's a lot of great questions posted in Jarett's thread, if you get the chance to look through it. I'll repost mine here.

Shame about the DVD of the TV show, I thought you guys were going to release some extended cuts or deleted scenes / bloopers? Did Showcase decide to just forgo that due to extra cost or something?

My question for the web-series would be: Joel mentioned that you guys shot some stuff and there's something he'd like to eventually release if the web-series never continues. I can't speak for other fans, but as a web fan I know that I'd really like to see what you guys did have and possibly an interview or video with some of the cast reflecting on PP, what it's meant to you guys, and where it may have gone if you had the chance to do your "dream ending." (Lots of questions about the Gamer Army / Masterer / Etc that i'd love to know the conclusion to!) Would you ever consider something like this? And as far as the footage goes, do you think we'll ever see any of it?

- What's Geoff up to these days? Any light that you can shed on his decision to leave the show or is it too personal?

- Financially speaking, was the web-show successful? Did the TV show come about as something you wanted to do, or were you sort of "forced" to do it for financial reasons? I ask only because at one point I thought I remember someone from PP saying that the noob-store was providing you guys with a living, and it'd be interesting to hear if web TV was something you did make a living off of, or if it just didn't work out in the long haul. I think that a lot of future content producers could learn from the pluses (and unfortunately minuses) that you guys faced, if it's something you wouldn't mind sharing.

- What happened to the guy from Showcase who 'discovered' you? Was he happy with how the show turned out? Does he wish you could be doing more?

- What's Dave up to? Did he have no interest in the TV show? How does he feel about the web-series and where it is now?

- Just what was that gun Doug got in the web-series anyway? icon_smile.gif

Drjft

Drjft
  • Members
  • 117 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Jan 21 2011, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a lot of great questions posted in Jarett's thread, if you get the chance to look through it. I'll repost mine here.

Hey man, I am monitoring both icon_smile.gif It was just easier for me to read through here and compile it. I'll include original content from the both threads icon_smile.gif

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
You are an amazing man for securing all these interviews.

During the initial stages of the PP TV show, why was it so hard to secure yourself and Joel a position, given you two ARE the lead?

Did you end up finishing your uni degree?

Was the web show popular enough you were able to live off the profits of the n00bstore, or did you need secondary sources of income?

What is your Command and Conquer Generals replays user name? (Please do ask this one.)

Given the state of the PP webshow, hiatus bordering on being finshed, will season 2 be released onto DVD in its current form (episodes 13 - 18)?

I am confused, did Dave go to China or South Africa?

What new projects/work have you got upcoming?

Is it easier to find work in LA than in Torronto (as an actor)?

Would you consider having a games night with us fans? We have considered and are willing to purchase you an anonamous steam account and load it with games for you.

Is there any possibility of S2 of the TV series if sales of the DVD go extremley well?

From your other interviews I have seen, you seem like a really nice guy. How hard/fun is it to play the arrogant asshole gamer in contrast to your own self?

Is it true that Blizzards StarCraft department have you listed in the SC2 credits?

How olds your son? Whats his name?

Does your family live with you in LA?

What was the decision to move there of all places?

At what point did you and Geoff decide to start selling merch? What made you realize it woukd work?

Is anything new coming to the n00bstore?

Whats your relationship with Geoff like after his departure?

Can you shed any light on why he left?

I should stop now eh?

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
QUOTE (Drjft @ Jan 20 2011, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey man, I am monitoring both icon_smile.gif It was just easier for me to read through here and compile it. I'll include original content from the both threads icon_smile.gif

No problem, I just wasn't sure if ya knew. Sorry 'bout that. Looking forward to the interview.

Drjft

Drjft
  • Members
  • 117 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Jan 21 2011, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No problem, I just wasn't sure if ya knew. Sorry 'bout that. Looking forward to the interview.

No worries at all - and yeah so am I. Kind of hit me this morning, it's surreal to be interviewing and talk to people I idolise.

geebus

geebus
  • Members
  • 55 posts
1.) Why did Showcase not renew the TV series? Was is low ratings? Was it low viewership?
2.) Showcase didn't renew the TV series, OK. What other TV networks did you go to? Can we, the fans, help you? (e.g. by signing a petition or emailing the TV network)
3.) What is going on with ABC 2 (didn't they play PP in Australia)? Would they be interested in the show?
4.) Will we get whatever there is of Pure Pwnage Webisode 19 (Joel mentioned something like this...)?
5.) Any chance we could know why Geoff is no longer interested in doing the Webseries? I mean, you guys were making cash off the noobstore, so it wasn't like there was no profit here.
6.) Did you make more money through sales from the noobstore than on TV?

DarkAscension

DarkAscension
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,796 posts
  • xfire:CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DOWNLOAD
  • Interests:Gaming, Pure Pwnage, Acting, Filmmaking, Writing and Reading (in that order).
  • Xbox / GFWL:K1d P5ycho
  • PSN:K1dP5ycho
  • Gamer Army ID:530
I think Geoff left so he could work on the TV series. It's hard to juggle two very big things at once, y'know.

My only question is this: Is the n00bstore still open?
19/09/2012 - Welcome Back Pure Pwnage!

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
Is there an estimated date for this interview by the way or is it still TBD?

Drjft

Drjft
  • Members
  • 117 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Jan 21 2011, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there an estimated date for this interview by the way or is it still TBD?

Jarett mentioned in an email 'today', however with out timezone differences (Him being in LA, me being in Melbourne - Australia), I am unsure of when 'today' actually is. Still working it out icon_smile.gif

Pocket

Pocket
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Is there any change we could see the footage that was originally shot for ep19? Like the clip Joel was talking about in his interview. Or will you save the material for the moment we're all waiting for that Geoff changes his mind?

Production wise in making the web series, what were the hardest bumps in the road? What took the most time in producing an episode?

In the major story line of the web series, is there anything you want to change if you could change it. What parts of the story line are you least satisfied about?

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
- Has Jarett tried pitching Pure Pwnage to other Canadian television networks like CTV, CBC or The Comedy Network?

- Will he see any of the money that comes in from the sales of the Pure Pwnage TV DVD?

Those are the only 2 serious questions I have. Though if the chance comes up to ask this, I'd love to know what it could possibly take, from the fans, to get Pure Pwnage back on either the web or TV; hypothetically speaking. (ie: donations, increased noobstore sales, volunteers on the "set", etc)

Once again, thanks in advance for the interview Drjft!

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

Wlly

Wlly
  • GA Private
  • 264 posts
  • Steam ID:Fps_Wally
  • Xbox / GFWL:captainweedleg
  • PSN:Cpt Wally
  • Gamer Army ID:2628
It's a live interview right? (Is what I read up on the other thread)

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
To your knowledge have you any idea when this forum will go down?

DarkAscension

DarkAscension
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,796 posts
  • xfire:CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DOWNLOAD
  • Interests:Gaming, Pure Pwnage, Acting, Filmmaking, Writing and Reading (in that order).
  • Xbox / GFWL:K1d P5ycho
  • PSN:K1dP5ycho
  • Gamer Army ID:530
QUOTE (Wlly @ Jan 21 2011, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a live interview right? (Is what I read up on the other thread)

I believe it'll be an interview similar to Joel's and Davin's. Unless I'm wrong, Drjft?
19/09/2012 - Welcome Back Pure Pwnage!

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
The questions about the noobstore and the forum got me thinking: What will happen to the website? Since you're not with showcase anymore, any chance you'll go back to the old layout or make a new one?

Ghostwhisp

Ghostwhisp
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Steam ID:STNO | Cptn.Canuck
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ghostwhisp
  • PSN:Cptn_Canuck
Any chance at doing something fan involved to end the series? Like a gaming night with fans, or a live get together of sorts?

If there's stuff left over from the noobstore when it gets shut down, can I have free shirts???? XD

What would you consider the chances to be that the series continues/actually gets finished? You said slim, but are we talking like 40% slim, or .00001% slim?

It's Cptn.Canuck Bitchez

Drjft

Drjft
  • Members
  • 117 posts
QUOTE (DarkAscension @ Jan 21 2011, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe it'll be an interview similar to Joel's and Davin's. Unless I'm wrong, Drjft?

Yeah live via Skype, exactly the same way as Joel and Davin's interviews icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users