Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modern Warfare 3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Confirmed: Sledgehammer and Raven working with Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 3

Strange but true. It turns out that Raven Software, Sledgehammer Games, and Infinity Ward are all working on a single product for a rumored November release: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. We’d recently reported that Sledgehammer would be working on the new Call of Duty, as implied through their website’s recruitment page, but it had been long rumored that Raven would be developing the game. Now it seems that all three companies will be taking up different roles, with Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward working exclusively on the single player game and Raven Software taking on the multiplayer portion.

It could very well be that the additional labor was put in place in order to guarantee a quality, annually released product. As a lot of work and manpower go into make a big-budget AAA release meet a two or three year release date, creating yearly installments must be an enormous undertaking. Both Sledgehammer and the new, leaner Infinity Ward have yet to prove themselves with a release, so we’ll all be watching closely this holiday season to see if they have the chops to uphold the dynasty. Still, one has to wonder if the general player base even has the money or attention span to continue buying a new Call of Duty game every year. Here’s to hoping these studios release something deserving of the Modern Warfare name.

Source: http://blog.pikimal....dern-warfare-3/

I didn't think CoD could get any worse; but with Raven doing MP I might be proven wrong.

Watson

Watson
  • Banned
  • 8 posts
I'm just gonna say nothing about it and wait for it to come out and see how good it is LIKE A NORMAL PERSON

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Watson @ Jan 21 2011, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just gonna say nothing about it and wait for it to come out and see how good it is LIKE A NORMAL PERSON

I guess i'm like the many abnormal people who can judge bassed on past CoD titles because they've virtually all been the same shit since 4... =/

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey
  • Members
  • 487 posts
  • xfire:vliegendehollander7
  • Xbox / GFWL:lmao
  • PSN:roflpop
  • Wii:lol
lol i dont know man, probably gonna be all the same thing all over again

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
Im hoping it turns out like the origional SoF if Ravens doing it. I fucking loved that game. Quite Grimdark for an FPS, and not too proud of it unlike COD.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard
oh god... If it sells even more then black ops... I'm seriously gonna start planning how to eradicate humans.

Sir_Slik

Sir_Slik
  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
Same game, different name.
The lunacy of today is the genius of tomorrow.

R.I.P. Troy <3

Watson

Watson
  • Banned
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jan 20 2011, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess i'm like the many abnormal people who can judge bassed on past CoD titles because they've virtually all been the same shit since 4... =/

All the old CoD titles were made by the same two companies...hopefully having completely different people with a different vision for the game will help it out in your eyes.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Jan 20 2011, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im hoping it turns out like the origional SoF if Ravens doing it. I fucking loved that game. Quite Grimdark for an FPS, and not too proud of it unlike COD.

Yeah if they do it like SoF it would be awesome! Fucking loved the first one, the second one was pretty fun too... I just hope they don't fuck it up like they did with Quake 4. All I could say was... what.. the fuck Raven!? icon_sad.gif

I'll probably pass on this one as they are probably gonna make cheap whore packages like that one man army and danger close with n00btubes.. fucking bullshit. icon_sad.gif

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
QUOTE (kmjnhb @ Jan 21 2011, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh god... If it sells even more then black ops... I'm seriously gonna start planning how to eradicate humans.

oh god...If it sells even more than black ops... My life will be affected in absolutely no way whatsoever.

Except for the fact that future developers will follow in stride even moreso than they already are because they want to sell copies too. sadface.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Watson @ Jan 22 2011, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the old CoD titles were made by the same two companies...hopefully having completely different people with a different vision for the game will help it out in your eyes.

New companies wont make a difference, how could they when the company in charge of the MP was the one responsible for Quake 4 and Wolfenstien. I only hope lots of people *do* buy this only to see how shit it is and CoD finally dies the death it's deserved since MW2.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jan 21 2011, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and CoD finally dies the death it's deserved since MW2.

Not going to happen until every teenager on the planet is exterminated.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,863 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Wait, so the Soldier of Fortune people are working on this game?

The MW title brings bad expectations.. but if they don't use the same engine and formula, this COULD be a good game.

Either way, I am not buying it. Haven't bought a CoD since CoD3.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 21 January 2011 - 09:12 PM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Jan 21 2011, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either way, I am not buying it. Haven't bought a CoD since CoD3.

Ewww.. COD3 sucked monkey dong. Treyarch redeemed themselves with COD5 and did a decent job on CODBLOPS minus the shitty preformance on release.. If anything at least play COD5 cause it was fun.

As for the rest of your post? Yes, old skool Raven software is working on the MP of the latest COD.. but remember, they did make MP on Quake 4 and that was super shitty.. Quake 3 was superior in every way minus graphics... the netcode, the hitreg (the most important part of a deathmatch game minus the gameplay) was the worst shit ever.. I mean.. I used to play Halo1PC and the leading the character models by the time elapsed by your ping (so anywhere from 34ms to 200ms depending on the server) was easier to predict than the random pattern on Quake 4... they can't use the excuse of the game engine cause Splash Damage made their own netcode for Quake Wars and it worked out fantastic.. so shame on Raven on that one.. I just hope they do a better job on a proven game engine, if they can't? then they've truly lost their touch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users