Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dc Universe Online

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
Anyone who has it - is there falling damage? I watched TotalBiscuit's beta vids and noticed during the prologue he drops down a huge shaft without taking any damage when he hits the bottom. If there isn't then awesome, that's one of the things that pissed me off about CoH/V and Champions - you can shrug off a missile in the teeth but can't fall more than five feet without hurting yourself

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
QUOTE (Xayun @ Jan 13 2011, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone who has it - is there falling damage? I watched TotalBiscuit's beta vids and noticed during the prologue he drops down a huge shaft without taking any damage when he hits the bottom. If there isn't then awesome, that's one of the things that pissed me off about CoH/V and Champions - you can shrug off a missile in the teeth but can't fall more than five feet without hurting yourself

From what I've seen I don't think there is.

Intial Steam download is at 97%.. but there's a lot of patches to download as well right? icon_confused.gif

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
QUOTE (j-tak @ Jan 13 2011, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I've seen I don't think there is.

Intial Steam download is at 97%.. but there's a lot of patches to download as well right? icon_confused.gif

Thank fuck

And yeah, as far as I know there's a ton of patches to download. Mine still hasn't arrived yet, fucking parcel force

Edited by Xayun, 13 January 2011 - 09:13 AM.

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
So I started the update and it said something like 6 of 8gb downloaded.. but I changed to the EU servers and now its 2 of 8gb. bad times..

So you have to update seperately for each server? Plus I'm guessing the EU server won't go live until tomorrow.. although it might actually be updated by that time anyways.

Tr1ppt

Tr1ppt
  • Members
  • 174 posts
Does it have gear like WoW, or is it just unlocking new powers or something?

does your character look the same forever?

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
QUOTE (Tr1ppt @ Jan 13 2011, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it have gear like WoW, or is it just unlocking new powers or something?

does your character look the same forever?

It has gear, but you can choose whether to display an item or not when its equipped. So you can keep your original costume.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
Launcher is downloading patches and constantly gets stuck at 99%. Went onto the official forums and there's an 18-page topic of people having the same problem. I hate SOE so much

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
I was thinking about picking this one up... But I see that people are having a lot of issues just trying to get started... I am going to wait a little while before I pick this up... I am also waiting to see if my old friends are getting it as well.. If not I might stay away from this game.

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
Im in, had no trouble at all suprisingly.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jan 13 2011, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking about picking this one up...But I see that people are having a lot of issues just trying to get started

Ah, that's a load of horseshit, I haven't had a single problem with getting this downloaded, I think I got disconnected once for about 20 seconds at quite late into the evening; that is literally the only problem from the technical side that I've really experienced.

In terms of the UI, they really need to make it easier to chat etc/make it simpler to add friends. It's annoying having to press Enter/O and filtering through people in the area just so you can group up. The PVP is crazy fun (Flying with Dual-Pistols feels like some warped DMC spinoff), it can be really hectic when you're in an area where there's questing going on, but really the questing in question is so trivial it's easy to put it aside for 4 or 5 minutes, completely destroy the opposing players and move back into the area uncontested.

Edited by Spowis, 13 January 2011 - 04:26 PM.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
QUOTE (Spowis @ Jan 13 2011, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, that's a load of horseshit

It really, really isn't

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
QUOTE (Xayun @ Jan 13 2011, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really, really isn't

I'm not saying that _no_one_ would/be having problems, but really, like I just whacked my card details into Steam, it accepted and downloaded, I signed up to their DCU site without error, used the code that showed up via Steam to activate, verified my email address and downloaded the ONE additional part via the installer. Like really, I'm just surprised people are having trouble with this, because I sure as fuck am not seeing it. To my knowledge there are still only two EU servers out there, and I was quite happily playing this on Wednesday with a friend. What connection speeds have you got? Is 15GB for an MMO really that mind-blowing?

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
Um...the problems people are having aren't the size of the install or the patch, it's the fact that for some people it would hang on the last 0.01Gb of the download and success in getting it to download seems completely random. Check the forums
This isn't user error, this is a fault on SOE's end

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
QUOTE (Spowis @ Jan 13 2011, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, that's a load of horseshit.

No it isn't..

You and I have had no problems, doesn't mean everyone else has had a trouble free experience.

Edited by j-tak, 13 January 2011 - 07:27 PM.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
The problem described only reminds me of MGS4's MGO registration. I signed up a whole week before everyone else and had my Konami ID. The day the Beta actually launched was the day the registration server literally shut off. I downloaded all patches to the game just the day before launch and even the update servers stopped working on launch day. Within 4 hours of the official start of the beta the online servers for playing the game litterally became the worst ones ever. It is a simple server cluster fuck. Something went wrong somewhere. And seeing how Sony has that DNAS it could be that very server that is not allowing you to download that last 256KB's and completing your download. They have authentication checkpoints in all of their downloads. Even on PSN. When your digital content has been bought it takes a few seconds, to a few minutes, to start the download because in the background it is going through the authentication process and downloading a special key so you are able to play your game. It has been the same way since Tony Hawk's Underground 1 for me.

Simply put they really didn't think a lot of people wanted to play DC Universe Online in the US. Hence why servers in different countries are doing much better.

So I would try this:

Filter your IP address to a UK proxy server and try downloading everything and signing in. 1 of two things will happen depending on your proxy server. Either it will deny you access or you will be able to download everything and even sign up with no problem. I myself have done this with a few free games a while back when I was bored. I was able to join Japanese, Chinese, UK, Australia, and Mexican servers this way.

But I am going to wait a few weeks before getting this game to see whose got it and who doesn't.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Jan 14 2011, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Simply put they really didn't think a lot of people wanted to play DC Universe Online in the US.

No....just no

According to a release SOE made earlier regarding adding new PvP servers, between PC and PS3, there are 16 DCUO servers in the US. Can't find a list so can't say what the split is, but I'm guessing 8/8. If PS3 has the same number of servers as PC for EU, then that means there's a total of 4 servers for EU. Yeah, they didn't think many people would play it in the US, that's why they set up four times as many servers
And then released it a few days earlier in the US, meaning people could get their US-exclusive collector's edition and play a few days earlier than the rest of the world

Do you ever think before you post shit?

Edited by Xayun, 14 January 2011 - 10:28 AM.

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
First queue today... BOO HISS FUCKING BOO.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
QUOTE (Xayun @ Jan 14 2011, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Simply put they really didn't think a lot of people wanted to play DC Universe Online in the US. Hence why servers in different countries are doing much better.

You're right, 70+ years of releasing comics in the US must have done absolutely nothing in order to encourage them to play an MMO of their favourite heroes and villians...

Really like, this whole concept is retarded.

Edited by Spowis, 15 January 2011 - 12:18 PM.

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
So far I'm loving this game.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (Xayun @ Jan 14 2011, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No....just no

According to a release SOE made earlier regarding adding new PvP servers, between PC and PS3, there are 16 DCUO servers in the US. Can't find a list so can't say what the split is, but I'm guessing 8/8. If PS3 has the same number of servers as PC for EU, then that means there's a total of 4 servers for EU. Yeah, they didn't think many people would play it in the US, that's why they set up four times as many servers
And then released it a few days earlier in the US, meaning people could get their US-exclusive collector's edition and play a few days earlier than the rest of the world

Do you ever think before you post shit?

Then why do you have this fucking problem? There is only one answer and that is the fact that they were not prepared for this cluster fuck. I have seen it on so many games that it isn't even funny. In fact I expect it to be a bitch on launch day. EVERY game on launch day has some type of issue whether it being stats not updating properly to online functionality drops. (Not every game, but a majority of every day big releases has some sort of issue that bitches complain about.)

QUOTE (Spowis @ Jan 15 2011, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right, 70+ years of releasing comics in the US must have done absolutely nothing in order to encourage them to play an MMO of their favourite heroes and villians...

Really like, this whole concept is retarded.

Yeah, and one person said: The truth never makes any sense while a lie makes perfect sense.

So in other words: Stop buying games on launch day expecting their online mode to function properly the first week.

But...

@Xayun: What do you make of the situation? Why couldn't you, and "millions" of others, download the update? What is your answer to this? I gave some advice and shared experiences I had and came up with an educated guess based on these past experiences and all I get is knives to my throat with your MOANING of "NO NO ITS NOT."

Why not come up with your own reason as to why its not working instead of chopping off my head for once? (You also seem to target me the most for some reason...)

Same goes for Spowis.

At least I had some input instead of being negative all the damn time.

Simple fact: the servers WERE in a cluster fuck. It only means they were not ready. And most of the fucking time IT IS because they believe that not a whole lot of people are going to buy it on the first fucking god damn day.

How many games have I bought on the first day, where I had similar issues like you were experiencing?
THUG1, THUG2, Resident Evil Outbreak, Battlefield 2 MC, Urban Chaos, 25 To Life, Socom Fireteam Bravo 1, Warhawk, Metal Gear Online, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Socom 2, Socom Confrontation, Resistance 2, NFSU2, Medal of Honer (not sure which one but on PSP.), CrimeCraft Beta, DO Beta, and even fucking Halo 3 even though I was at a friends house. (fucking believe it or not.)

What is the number one fucking reason fucking why they couldn't fucking get you fucking in that mother fucking GAME ONLINE!!!!!!!!!>?????????????????>φ)╤4

Because they didn't think that so many people would be playing the damn game online the very first fucking day.

Edited by The_Con-Sept, 15 January 2011 - 10:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users