Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sitmos Discussions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,730 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
Realized there's not a thread for this yet, so discuss SITMOS here if you want.

They're on ep 17 so I'm gonna start here. FIRST OFF, awesome they mentioned me. I just did a photoshop concept for SITMOS and posted it to them on twitter and they mentioned me which is sweet.

Here that picture is http://imgur.com/nlWPj
Anyway, I have never had an X-Box so I can't really participate in the debate concerning the online. I have no problem with Playstation online, but it can be aggravating trying to find out if your friends want to play or not. I know they have some chat system or voice thing, but even if it works it doesn't work well so.

Concerning MMO's. I'm interested in The Old Republic when it comes out. Not sure if I'd play it or not, but it looks cool. I've played some MMO's that are fun and different such as Face of Mankind (which died once and was brought back, but is still different) and APB (dead, but supposed to come back).

Anyway, great episode.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
Was funny how they added in your name during the podcast. I was like "Hey I know Irish Spuds!"

But yea, Never really used an Xbox for match making and ect. Never really had a problem with the PS3 as long as everyone knows what they're doing. If someone doesn't know how to get into a match communicating with them is a pain. There's the whole online quick chat system thing. But it's a pain to type in. The part where they were talking about the Xbox sending you straight into the match your friends are in, skipping intro menus and all sounds brilliant.

Also for MMOs, Love the concept of em but nothing now days holds my interest for long. Was recently gonna get into a F2P game called Vindictus. Just because it runs from the Steam engine and had an action cinematic battle system. But it's American/Candian only =/. I really hope Joel/Derek get into Guild Wars 2 when it comes out. Only MMO I'm interested in >.>

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
The fuck is SITMOS?

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jan 10 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fuck is SITMOS?

http://joelgardiner....ace.com/sitmos/
Get with the times bro icon_razz.gif

Edited by liquidicevi, 09 January 2011 - 08:50 PM.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
From the looks of the site it seems like a podcast based around: Reviewing/Discussing crap games, Black Op's, Zombies, MMA and shitty political opinions.

If this is getting with the times, i'm all good with the past. But props to Joel for trying something different.

Joel Gardiner

Joel Gardiner
  • PP Cast
  • 48 posts
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jan 9 2011, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the looks of the site it seems like a podcast based around: Reviewing/Discussing crap games, Black Op's, Zombies, MMA and shitty political opinions.

If this is getting with the times, i'm all good with the past. But props to Joel for trying something different.

It's all good man! I would rather not build a community of the uninformed opinionated anyway icon_smile.gif

For all the cool people out there, we are working on a new site based on the podcast where you can discuss the eps there. Keep listening for more info

Love you bitches!! icon_razz.gif

- Joel

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jan 9 2011, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fuck is SITMOS?

I was also wondering that.

But now that I know, I've got many hours of listening to catch up on while I play Minecraft. Fuck yea.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Joel Gardiner @ Jan 10 2011, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's all good man! I would rather not build a community of the uninformed opinionated anyway icon_smile.gif

For all the cool people out there, we are working on a new site based on the podcast where you can discuss the eps there. Keep listening for more info

- Joel

Daww, he wubs us.

I will actually listen to the first Ep when I get home from work though, lame of me to judge just based off the Ep description, <3

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,730 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jan 9 2011, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Daww, he wubs us.

I will actually listen to the first Ep when I get home from work though, lame of me to judge just based off the Ep description, <3

It's really really good. I may disagree with some of their opinions, but they have valid reasons behind there opinions. Most of the time I'm just loling though. They really make a great podcast team.

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (Joel Gardiner @ Jan 10 2011, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

- Joel

New site for us eh? Pro fucking as.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

Imakewafflez

Imakewafflez
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, computer building and music.
  • Xbox / GFWL:I MAKE WAFFLEZ
  • PSN:Imakewafflez
Did Fps doug just troll us? fuck. I am getting old.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Imakewafflez @ Jan 10 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Fps doug just troll us? fuck. I am getting old.

Nah, I think he was just calling me stupid personally; which is cool, I can dig.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
Hmm, I have never heard of this icon_confused.gif Ill start with Episode 1 soon, probably later today icon_smile.gif

milan

milan
  • Members
  • 229 posts
just wanted to jump into the SITMOS discussion...

I really love sitmos, it's a pretty casual contemporary games/whatever discussion... its early in the project, and instead of offering and mild criticisms that are easy to make on early, casual projects, I'll just keep listening and lovin' it, until it reaches Level 2 or 3, or beyond! (ie: until it REALLY hits its groove).. I would say it is at least on Level 2 by now icon_wink.gif

In relation to SITMOS: I played super meat boy after hearing Joel talking with extreme enthusiasm ebout it; I was also already into mashup music a LOT, which Joel had also been playing/mentioning on the podcast (thumbs up for that), so I ended up playing SMB a bit, loving it, and then stopping, being hit by instant inspiration, to make a 2pac vs Super Meat Boy song, and I tweeted it to him, thanking him for his part in the inspiration...

Then, in the next 'cast, he kinda started off mentioning how he's really been loving teh_mashup_musics lately, sooo.. well... nothing to say here other than I'm sure he heard my song! and that was like, soooooooo exciting!!!!! just the prospect of it maybe happening was exciting!!!! it was as if my life had suddenly taken on some sort of intense meaning for a brief moment in time!!!!! haha. Anyways, I do sincerely hope you got a kick out of it, Joel, it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't 'fucking loved Super Meat Boy' icon_biggrin.gif

edit: i didn't intend to plug the song here, (bad taste, etc) but to avoid having someone who might enjoy it posting to ask about it's location, i'll just say that if you really want to hear it, you can find it with a YT search

Edited by milan, 10 January 2011 - 06:05 AM.

Rickrolled

Rickrolled
  • Banned
  • 48 posts
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jan 10 2011, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, I think he was just calling me stupid personally; which is cool, I can dig.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fully fledged internet badass.

Fuck yeah! I'm the king of the internet.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
Awesome, the podcasts are on Itunes icon_smile.gif Downloading them all right now icon_smile.gif

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (Joel Gardiner @ Jan 9 2011, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

- Joel

I know Joel said he wasn't part of "the crew" -- but heck, maybe they should put him in charge of PP. He's got firm opinions, he's creative, believes in web content, releases content on time (once a week for a long podcast is pretty good), and he actually talks with fans.

Edited by LalaLand, 10 January 2011 - 11:06 AM.

Tr1ppt

Tr1ppt
  • Members
  • 174 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Jan 10 2011, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and he actually talks with fans.

This. If Jarett or Geoff could just post like Joel has been doing recently, even rarely, just letting us know they've not totally forgotten about purepwnage.com/forums, i'm sure everyone would be a LOT happier.

on topic - i watched most of that video review thing they did, was funnier than i was expecting! haven't got round to listening to the podcast yet, but i probably will icon_smile.gif

also lol @ tree.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
It's up to 17!? I think the last I heard was 11 or 12. Got some catching up to do! Love the podcast. icon_wink.gif

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users