Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Connection Was Reset

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Ever since I got my new wireless router I have been having this happen at random:

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

That is what firefox shows me. I can refresh the page and the site loads quickly.

This happens when trying to view any site.. or a song changing on you tube from a play list.
My gf also claims she keeps getting DC'd from games[From LoL.. I play SC2 and have never been disconnected] So I doubt this has to do with this.

Any idea what it is?

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 17 December 2010 - 11:04 PM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
fixed.

Used the setup CD that it came with.

I hate using setup CD's for hardware that dont seem like they need it. Usually filled with a bunch of useless shit to promote the company it came from. Like D-Link toobar.. and other things that where in this CD.
Anyway yea, FIXED!

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
Unfixed.. its doing it again! :[

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
Hmm, dunno if it applies to your situation exactly, prob a dumb question, but have you tried calling your network provider and seeing if they can trouble shoot it? Usally when I have modem/internet connection problems I just call them and they'll instruct me to do something obscure.
Other then that have you tried to see if you can update your modems firmware?

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Dec 20 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, dunno if it applies to your situation exactly, prob a dumb question, but have you tried calling your network provider and seeing if they can trouble shoot it? Usally when I have modem/internet connection problems I just call them and they'll instruct me to do something obscure.
Other then that have you tried to see if you can update your modems firmware?

I haven't done any of that. I haven't cause this never happened with my old, regular router. This has only started happening with the wireless router I just got. I would think it has something to do with opening and closing ports or something? I know nothing about that kind of stuff. Just how to actually do it.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users