Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Can We Do To Encourage New Users To Sign Up?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
QUOTE (hummus @ Dec 17 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you really consider that the forum activity of one member is worth the money/effort that is involved with giving away a t-shirt or whatever it is that they sell. The crew will not benefit from it.

Are you a fucking idiot? Thats what they are for. Go read the sticky in the ivory tower.
QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 16 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like you would even know rolleyes.gif

It does...
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Sir_Slik

Sir_Slik
  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
Unless the guys ever decided to move back to the interbutts, this forum will die off slowly over the next couple years and so will the people talking about PP... unless they ever release PP worldwide which they can't so... enjoy whats left. Considering TV is a dying medium (more and more ADs online because its cheaper to do and lets you reach your audiences more effectively) I would have just stuck with the internet.
The lunacy of today is the genius of tomorrow.

R.I.P. Troy <3

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,066 posts
  • xfire:badazzewok
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ganonheart
Release Episode 19
Unban the content making users
Send out mass emails to ALL the members of the forum, getting them to check it back out again.
More cast involvement. (Unless they to busy pimping bitches up in Hollywood)

This place was PURE viral, i only discovered it through;

being used on a SWG Euro-Chimera Bounty Hunter montage video on

There is no viral to keep this place getting the newer members in, and when we do, we flame the crap out of them.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
QUOTE (Ganonheart @ Dec 17 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
flame, crap

These are the reasons we barely get new members in my opinion.

Patchy

Patchy
  • Members
  • 551 posts
  • Steam ID:Kilo November
No one should take Crap seriously.
I'm right behind you, Mr. Denton.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,863 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (Patchy @ Dec 17 2010, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New members don't know to not take crap's flaming seriously.
Anyway yea..
If the single free roflrupee is too much, at least send out a mass welcome back email.. but have that be AFTER the forum has been cleaned up/merged sections and useless things are gone.
Even though it's a forum of dead content..this can be a forum about general gaming and well anything because of GD. I never felt this forum was tied to PP really unless I looked into PP dischushun.
I remember seeing stuff like "make a pwnage breakfast" or something. People would post pictures of some sweet ass breakfast they made.. that was un PP related. It was random stuff like that that kept this place more active.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Dec 17 2010, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as pruning and re organizing the forum goes, it will take mods that actually give a shit. Right now it's mostly regular member's that give a shit.[it seems, at least.]

I've made a thread in the mod section, so we'll see how we can help.

Our power is quite limited, as is yours, though. Ultimately, the release of episode of 19 would be useful.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Mantrousse @ Dec 17 2010, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've made a thread in the mod section, so we'll see how we can help.

Our power is quite limited, as is yours, though. Ultimately, the release of episode of 19 would be useful.

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
itty-bitty living space

Edited by way2lazy2care, 17 December 2010 - 07:03 PM.

SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (hummus @ Dec 17 2010, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you really consider that the forum activity of one member is worth the money/effort that is involved with giving away a t-shirt or whatever it is that they sell. The crew will not benefit from it.

I got a Black Headshot t-shirt, dvd and soundtrack for 10 Rofl-Ruppes about 2 weeks ago.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

I could do something douche-like... such as making it so guests can only see PP section, Annoucements and GD... but I dunno if the PP Staff would agree with such actions.

QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 16 2010, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like you would even know rolleyes.gif

Yeah PPGA was pretty pimp before with Mr. Clean and other guys in there like Brenner and IW4 and many others.. t'was fun jumping in vent and doing up some TF2 with them.

QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Dec 16 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as pruning and re organizing the forum goes, it will take mods that actually give a shit. Right now it's mostly regular member's that give a shit.[it seems, at least.]

It would help existing members from leaving, not so much bring in new crowds. I sometimes check last seen dates of relatively new people.. and they drop out after a week or 2 of posting. Probably way too many places to post anything in.

edit: We can also send a mass email to all members after the reorganization welcoming them back. Kind of like some MMO's do when they notice you have quit for a few months <.<. And I dunno.. returning members get a free rofl rupee? I don't even know what the hell those things are for.
kinda off topic:
How I found out about PP and it's forums was actually in another forum for a korean MMO.. That game and forum are dead now.. But some 10~ people post a thread every few months just to say "hay guys remember the good ol days 7 years ago?" etc.

Heyyo, I'm an admin. I'm the dude who before did up Teh Archive section to get rid of some of the useless old stuff.. so I give a shit. If you give me a few examples of merging and provide very good reasons and it won't piss people off? then yeah I might merge a few sections.. I don't see any real good in merging gaming sections or PP sections, but if you say art provide me a good reason.

QUOTE (ThrashTitan @ Dec 17 2010, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You seem like a smart guy. I think you should PM Myren and see if you can get stripes, if you think no other mods will actually fix here.

If you get 7 rofl rupees, you can claim an item from the n00bstore. And thats a good idea about the emails, just maybe not the rupees, otherwise people will abuse the fuck out of it.

Ouch.. cause last time I was the admin who did this stuff and Myren's been pretty afk from the forums as of late... Zombicus and I are the two main active admins. icon_razz.gif

For rupees? there is a free shirt prize you can cash in already...

QUOTE (MaxDamage @ Dec 17 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tits.

what a useless post.. deleting.. and if you do more useless spam posts in this thread I shall warn ya.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,863 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Allright I will do some looking around and bring up some good reasons later as far as art/music go (other sections later, like the ice cream shack maybe?)

But right now at least, I think no one would mind if the RSS feed place was removed. All topics are locked and the latest news in there is from 2009. I understand the comic is somewhere in there.. that can be moved to some sort of direct PP related subforum [PP discushun maybe or maybe PP fanart/music/videos]. It would take off at least a little bit of clutter.

I know this doesn't seem like a direct "How do we get more people in here" sort of thing but it's a step in the right direction to clean up the house for new guests.. and it's existing members.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 18 December 2010 - 01:46 AM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 18 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
snip

Well for a start, as it's only a little thing, how about finally get those links up at the top removed that don't work icon_razz.gif. PP Wiki and ect

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
Agree with Ganon - the reason a large amount of people discovered PP is through videos such as 'the noob song' , 'boom head shot', doug being bawls crazy with his pc etc etc.

]

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Dec 18 2010, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well for a start, as it's only a little thing, how about finally get those links up at the top removed that don't work icon_razz.gif. PP Wiki and ect

Dude, you make me wanna cry... trust me when I say I've tried everything I fucking can... it doesn't exist in the board header files or anything.. yet there they are... fucking driving me crazy! I think the skin in cached and I'm unsure how to reset that.. maybe I'll ask Zomb maybe he's better at this shit than me. icon_sad.gif

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (darkhen @ Dec 18 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree with Ganon - the reason a large amount of people discovered PP is through videos such as 'the noob song' , 'boom head shot', doug being bawls crazy with his pc etc etc.

"Ninja Phoque, la-la-la-la-laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,992 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
QUOTE (Yozki @ Dec 17 2010, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are the reasons we barely get new members in my opinion.

People who take a forum named CRAP seriously, should burn in hell, and they deserve to be offended.

QUOTE (Patchy @ Dec 18 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This, man. Seriously.

QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 18 2010, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

what a useless post.. deleting.. and if you do more useless spam posts in this thread I shall warn ya.

You moron - this was a suggestion! He said we need more tits, in order to attract people.

Also, I still think whatever I wrote in my first reply here is true.

Dude.
yael.png

Smokey

Smokey
  • Members
  • 3,394 posts
  • xfire:smokeymcfuzz
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 18 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

Dude, you make me wanna cry... trust me when I say I've tried everything I fucking can... it doesn't exist in the board header files or anything.. yet there they are... fucking driving me crazy! I think the skin in cached and I'm unsure how to reset that.. maybe I'll ask Zomb maybe he's better at this shit than me. icon_sad.gif

if you need help with that i can probably direct you to the right areas like i did awhile back. just hit me up on xfire or shoot me a PM bro

Edited by Smokey, 19 December 2010 - 03:41 AM.

sup

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 19 2010, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

Ah, fair enough. Did not know.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

teh_metalizer

teh_metalizer
  • Members
  • 391 posts
  • xfire:pwnhammer
Making the sign in \ register button bigger.
Post lies about episode 19 - it will come out when the forums hit 100000000000000 members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users