Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elder Scrolls V Announced!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Dec 14 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the same video that I posted...

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Dec 14 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know... it's really like saying "What?! My lamborghini isn't a bugatti veyron?!"

I was just super excited because IdTech 5 seems like it would bring joygasm to TES. I wouldn't be surprised if they at least borrowed some stuff from the idtech engine (specifically it's intense support of megatextures, as an open world game like TES would benefit tremendously from them).

Wow, now that you mention it yeah this would definitely test the epicness of megatexture.. but it should still be fine, and besides, if the textures are a bit too bland someone will create a mod for that. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (TheBase @ Dec 14 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the same video that I posted...

Yeah but the site looks fancy. icon_wink.gif

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 14 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah but the site looks fancy. icon_wink.gif

it'll probably be updated too, so it's worth keeping eyes on.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey
  • Members
  • 487 posts
  • xfire:vliegendehollander7
  • Xbox / GFWL:lmao
  • PSN:roflpop
  • Wii:lol
http://www.gametrail...-scrolls/710872

Cool, looks like they really improved the animations this time.. you dont walk weird when you use W and A at the same time.

Very impressed

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (FunkyMonkey @ Feb 25 2011, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really didn't care for this game but then I saw that trailer and HO LEE SHIT.

Still not gonna pay for it though, TOO MANY GOOD GAMES COMING OUT THIS YEAR AAAAUUUUGGHHH

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (FunkyMonkey @ Feb 25 2011, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.gametrail...-scrolls/710872

Cool, looks like they really improved the animations this time.. you dont walk weird when you use W and A at the same time.

Very impressed

Same. Definitely picking up this game it looks so much better than Oblivion animation wise which was annoying with the strafe running as you said.

kmjnhb

kmjnhb
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • xfire:kmjnhb
  • Interests:games, world history, mythology, religion and culture, anime, food.
  • Steam ID:Hallvardgn
  • Xbox / GFWL:BEER4Hallvard

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
ive never cared about elder scrolls before...

but that trailer looks awesome.

CakeCom

CakeCom
  • Members
  • 1,484 posts
It looks impressive- I'm wondering if there will be dragon mounts.

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey
  • Members
  • 487 posts
  • xfire:vliegendehollander7
  • Xbox / GFWL:lmao
  • PSN:roflpop
  • Wii:lol
QUOTE (kmjnhb @ Feb 26 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goddamnit that was eargasmic.

cjboonie

cjboonie

Community Member of The Month - Feb 2008

• GA Lieutenant Colonel
  • 1,052 posts
  • xfire:na
  • Interests:lol'ing.<br />i am a software engineer by trade. study hard kids - it is worth it.
  • Xbox / GFWL:na
  • PSN:na
  • Wii:na
  • Gamer Army ID:2744
  • Company:Pi
the elder scrolls facebook page has 130k likes. lol.
i'm looking forward to this game very much.

PPftw
BoL: this game only scrolls in one direction so we have to suck it up and keep moving
QUOTE (rick_2k @ Dec 22 2008, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PP to me is a gift made by some talented guys and gals who like to do it and give us a great quality show for free.

QUOTE (Anthrax704 @ Apr 3 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's out of 1337.

QUOTE (denwO @ Feb 26 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I once saw a guy on tour around my university wearing an uber micro hoodie, so I went to chat to him. He was a complete dick.

QUOTE (lil hades 87 @ Feb 17 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are 3 or 4 people in my school who wear purepwnage shirts.. Sadly, they are mostly retarded :(

QUOTE (ya_ba - re ep16 fanchat @ Mar 31 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not even sure what the answer to my question was lol I was there for 5 minutes to look at Dave and that's about it.

QUOTE (anatomy187 @ May 22 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe it's because I live in <...> and everyone is braindead when it comes to games and computers so when I tell them I'm in a "Gamer Army" they think I'm a fucking genius.
QUOTE (Nestey @ Jun 4 2008, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmm attention.... yes...we needs it... we wants it precious.....

QUOTE (Jarett @ Aug 7 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's going to kick some serious fucking TV ass.

.zero

.zero
  • GA Private
  • 331 posts
  • xfire:enzo5
  • Gamer Army ID:2728
only about a month left boys and girls! nearly there!

TBH I've had a look at the system requirements of BF3 and I'm under the impression that skyrim will need heaps more power...

This means that I will need a new video card.. I've had a look at the GTX590... about $1000 here in australia... quite tempted to start saving, just so I can play skyrim on max settings... icon_biggrin.gif
.zero a.k.a sp1ke

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

Yeah the BF3 requirements are a bit high.. but have you played the game? On my system with the graphics cranked out on Ultra I still get a decent framerate.

Processor:
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ ~3.6GHz (8CPUs) (Using Coolit Domino ALC)
Memory:
8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1066MHz OCZ Platinum CL 8-8-8-24 (Triple Channel)
Hard Drive:
Seagate Baracuda 2TB SATA6
Video Card:
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480
Monitor:
Samsung 22" P2250
Sound Card:
Asus Xonar DX (PCI-E)
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Motherboard:
Asus P6T

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,868 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Quite off topic but, think I would benefit in BF3 from switching from 4gb to 8gb of ram? Currently at 2x2gb ddr2 @ 822mhz.. They're under clocked to be 1:1 with my core2duo lol.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

.zero

.zero
  • GA Private
  • 331 posts
  • xfire:enzo5
  • Gamer Army ID:2728
Hey mard,

No, i have not played bf3, however looking at the demo's, id say it would need quite a decent system..

But keep in mind that skyrim is using a new engine, which could mean it needs more power..
.zero a.k.a sp1ke

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (LiftOff @ Oct 10 2011, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey mard,

No, i have not played bf3, however looking at the demo's, id say it would need quite a decent system..

But keep in mind that skyrim is using a new engine, which could mean it needs more power..

What is your graphics card? Might be more worth your money to just get another cheap version of your card and SLI/Crossfire. Usually you get similar performance to the high end cards for much cheaper.

I got 2 GTX 460s for $80 each and they should perform just under a GTX 580. The high end GPUs also tend to have very poor scaling performance/$$$ If you have money to throw around you can SLI two GTX 570s for less than the price of a 590. You can SLI two 560s for less than half the price of a 590 and they'll run BF3 and Skyrim just fine.

http://www.tomshardw...90,2898-19.html

"If you’re only concerned with the performance of an individual dual-GPU card, then I happily repeat the recommendation I made in the 6990 review: buy two Radeon HD 6970s or two GeForce GTX 570s and enjoy all of the performance without having to balance thermals and acoustics."
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
From what I'm hearing so far from people who can already access the game, it's a lazy console port with a garbage interface, and you practically REQUIRE a 360 controller. But we'll see in a few more hours...I gave Bethesda the benefit of the doubt and actually BOUGHT the game. If it turns out it IS actually a lazy console port, I'm never going to buy a Bethesda game again. Torrents all the way.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 10 November 2011 - 08:09 PM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Nov 10 2011, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I'm hearing so far from people who can already access the game, it's a lazy console port with a garbage interface, and you practically REQUIRE a 360 controller. But we'll see in a few more hours...I gave Bethesda the benefit of the doubt and actually BOUGHT the game. If it turns out it IS actually a lazy console port, I'm never going to buy a Bethesda game again. Torrents all the way.

Yeah, the interface is not that good. But the game is like the second coming of Jesus. How are you liking it so far?

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (TheBase @ Nov 13 2011, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the interface is not that good. But the game is like the second coming of Jesus. How are you liking it so far?

Yeah, it's an obvious console port, but the game is actually pretty damn good and the issues aren't near as bad as I've heard. I've heard people compare it to Morrowind, even.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 14 November 2011 - 04:58 PM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Nov 14 2011, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, it's an obvious console port, but the game is actually pretty damn good and the issues aren't near as bad as I've heard. I've heard people compare it to Morrowind, even.

I've never played Morrowind (saw a friend play it once), but that's what I heard as well. Skyrim is VAST. Don't get too antsy about the crappy UI and other console port shenanigans. Just enjoy the game and hopefully people will make good mods. But I feel ya. PC gamers have been getting screwed left and right for too long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users