Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lordofultima

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Dec 11 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looksshitlol

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
Way to contribute to the thread there guy

Go quote some other shit in some less shitty thread plzkthx

Wheres the Pp game when we need it?

from the LoU forums, EA rep

"But, the reset isn't for months. You have 6 months before the first shrine shows up, and a couple of weeks in between each shrine after that. And, someone still has to get all 8 shrines. The game *could* go on forever, if no one ever manages to get all 8 shrines. Remember, they have to hold all 8 shrines at the same time to claim the title "Lord of Ultima" and reset one of the servers. It's feasible that may never happen. And if it does, the advantages the shrines will confer will pretty much render them the "winner" anyways, so the reset will give everyone a fresh shot at becoming the next Lord of Ultima. Who knows? There might be a prize for holding the title. A wall of fame, a cool forum icon, and maybe some snazzy artifact."

Edited by Nevermore, 11 December 2010 - 08:06 AM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
Hmm, I think I will give it another go, I have been in the mood to play some sort of browser game, dunno what world to join though.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Dec 11 2010, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I think I will give it another go, I have been in the mood to play some sort of browser game, dunno what world to join though.

22 would be your best bet since it opened just a few days ago, at least the reset will be a fair while off I would think

E: I got an invite from you, but it tells me your player doesn't exist .. i've already got an alliance up and running if you want to join

Edited by Nevermore, 11 December 2010 - 07:02 PM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 11 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
22 would be your best bet since it opened just a few days ago, at least the reset will be a fair while off I would think

E: I got an invite from you, but it tells me your player doesn't exist .. i've already got an alliance up and running if you want to join

Yeah, the recommended one was 19, had a look here noticed you were there, so I sent an invite to you, sure Ill join the alliance icon_smile.gif

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Dec 12 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the recommended one was 19, had a look here noticed you were there, so I sent an invite to you, sure Ill join the alliance icon_smile.gif

Only if you switch to world 22 icon_razz.gif

I just figure we will have a lot more play time before the server reset since theres a lot less players and it's not run by a 200 man alliance

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 11 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just figure we will have a lot more play time before the server reset since theres a lot less players and it's not run by a 200 man alliance

Which server was reset and why? I just logged into world 7 and nothing has been reset, I don't even think any shrines have showed up yet.

Alliances have a 100 player limit.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 12 2010, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which server was reset and why? I just logged into world 7 and nothing has been reset, I don't even think any shrines have showed up yet.

Alliances have a 100 player limit.

Everything was reset after beta, but that doesn't count.
I'm not sure if any have reset yet, it may have only been announced recently and as it says it depends on player getting shrines then a title, I thought it was gonna be a 2-3 month reset from the threads I was reading

I didn't double check the player count, but they had 300 plus cities which is a force and a half if they are serious players

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
Ok, I joined world 22, building the city up now, can I join the alliance ? icon_smile.gif

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 11 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything was reset after beta, but that doesn't count.
I'm not sure if any have reset yet, it may have only been announced recently and as it says it depends on player getting shrines then a title, I thought it was gonna be a 2-3 month reset from the threads I was reading

I didn't double check the player count, but they had 300 plus cities which is a force and a half if they are serious players

World 7 has been up at least 6 months now. No resets.

A guy in my alliance is the #1 player and he has 451 cities by himself...

I just checked and without the castles that my alliance took from me I still have 47 cities.

I'll give the game another chance with the updates, but I still don't think I will be around that long. Going to start fresh on 22. But I'm going to dick around with research on 7.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Dec 13 2010, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I joined world 22, building the city up now, can I join the alliance ? icon_smile.gif

invite sent

cadetduke can you add Nevermore to your friend list and I will send an invite

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 12 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cadetduke can you add Nevermore to your friend list and I will send an invite

Done.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 13 2010, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Done.

Wicked, you're a fair hike to the north east from me, but it's not so bad .. Alex is way over on the East coast icon_sad.gif

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
We're not going to be able to stay on c22 so I wouldn't advise building any castles there. The leading alliance will eventually take over the whole continent Obviously they can't take non castled cities but we won't be able to attack anyone ourselves and have fun doing that. I suggest planning a move for when other continents start opening up. In the meantime we can build up, expand whatever, but keep in mind we should find another continent to make our main home. Just looking to have fun this time around and I don't want to get dominated too quickly.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 14 2010, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're not going to be able to stay on c22 so I wouldn't advise building any castles there. The leading alliance will eventually take over the whole continent Obviously they can't take non castled cities but we won't be able to attack anyone ourselves and have fun doing that. I suggest planning a move for when other continents start opening up. In the meantime we can build up, expand whatever, but keep in mind we should find another continent to make our main home. Just looking to have fun this time around and I don't want to get dominated too quickly.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing really, i'm not going to castle my first city and I will only expand on this continent to get a city beside each alliance player, hopefully we can afford the jump soon and start pimping our own empire over the water

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 13 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I was thinking the same thing really, i'm not going to castle my first city and I will only expand on this continent to get a city beside each alliance player, hopefully we can afford the jump soon and start pimping our own empire over the water

You should never make your first city a castle anyway. Once that's gone you start all over if you don't have another city.

Think it takes awhile before others open up.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
I went NAP with WhatTheFaCannons since they are pretty serious players (only two of them)

Then some other softies set us as NAP and bugged me to return the favour.. oh well.. at least we're not allied like every other friggin' alliance on this world lol

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
We've been 7th on the server since formation almost, putting a gap between everyone below us but not really making any advancement

For some reason I'm ranked 2nd overall in Offense and Military, so I dunno as soon as someone castles I'm tempted to try roll them.. but that might end poorly

I can't wait to get my second city up, then things will really kick off

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 16 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some reason I'm ranked 2nd overall in Offense and Military, so I dunno as soon as someone castles I'm tempted to try roll them.. but that might end poorly

Well I, as probably most others, haven't made a single military unit yet. I even canceled the units trained in the tutorial. There's really no point until you make a military city that will be used to support the castle. Each of my cities will have a max of 6K crossbowman for defense, except for my baron cities. For those it will be a templar/paladin mix. Templars for defense, Paladins for offense. Unless it's been changed to where any city can plunder, not just castled cities, it's almost pointless to have a a big offense right away except for dungeons.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 18 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I, as probably most others, haven't made a single military unit yet. I even canceled the units trained in the tutorial. There's really no point until you make a military city that will be used to support the castle. Each of my cities will have a max of 6K crossbowman for defense, except for my baron cities. For those it will be a templar/paladin mix. Templars for defense, Paladins for offense. Unless it's been changed to where any city can plunder, not just castled cities, it's almost pointless to have a a big offense right away except for dungeons.

i'm raidin' bro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users