Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bf 2142

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

CartooN

CartooN
  • Members
  • 134 posts
I remember quite enjoying this game when it first came out, even though my computer back then wasnt really up to it.

I just wondered if anyone had played it recently or still plays it? Is it still active? Worth a reinstall?

Panic92

Panic92
  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:re4per666
  • Steam ID:re4per666
  • PSN:Panic_92
I actually reinstalled this the other day, still seems to be fairly popular as I had no problems finding a well populated server.
The only problem for me is that is seems rather laggy... makes it rather difficult to enjoy as much as I did, just stresses me out more than anything

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (Panic92 @ Nov 8 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually reinstalled this the other day, still seems to be fairly popular as I had no problems finding a well populated server.
The only problem for me is that is seems rather laggy... makes it rather difficult to enjoy as much as I did, just stresses me out more than anything

I reinstalled. New patch is in the works! 1.51 beta is currently out! features the netcode fixes of battlefield heroes & BF2.. other stuff like no cd needed without cracks or mini-images (w00t!) and new maps...

http://forums.electr...ml#post18379612
QUOTE (Bazajaytee;18379612)
Battlefield 2142 v1.51 is available for public beta from Friday 17th September at 10am UK/11am Europe/2am West Coast and run all weekend. Not only does the update contain numerous client and server side fixes including enhanced account security, it also includes Northern Strike FREE for all Battlefield 2142 players as well as 4 brand new maps.

* Operation Blue Pearl – Supply Lines by Björn Sundell and Jason Brice
* Strike at Karkand 2142 – Conquest by Jason Brice
* Molokai – Titan by Jason Brice
* Yellow Knife – Supply Lines by Jason Brice

The client will be available to download from www.Fileplay.net and all players should install v1.50 BEFORE trying to install v1.51.

The purpose of this Beta is to test server stability and let you see the new content. If the servers hold up to the stress test this version will become the release version that everyone will have. We'll try to reduce the need to do a reinstall should that change.

Thanks to everyone at Combat Testing for their help getting v1.51 to a Public Beta state.

First signs of the file will be at Fileplay as mentioned above and when activated tomorrow morning, will be available here - http://www.fileplay....atch-1-51-beta1

Bookmark it, keep it, get ready to download it.

CartooN

CartooN
  • Members
  • 134 posts
Sounds cool!

I'll give it a reinstall.

Panic92

Panic92
  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:re4per666
  • Steam ID:re4per666
  • PSN:Panic_92
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Nov 8 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

I reinstalled. New patch is in the works! 1.51 beta is currently out! features the netcode fixes of battlefield heroes & BF2.. other stuff like no cd needed without cracks or mini-images (w00t!) and new maps...

http://forums.electr...ml#post18379612

Ooh nice, that's good to hear, it's been long awaited in the 2142 community i'm sure. And Northern Strike for free and a Strike a Karkand 2142? Goody icon_smile.gif

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Nov 8 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
features the netcode fixes of...BF2

Which didn't do a fucking thing.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Nov 8 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which didn't do a fucking thing.

I dunno, I find I reg more often.. sure not perfect.. but definitely less headaches than pre 1.5 BF2 patch. I still remember seeing the differences in hitreg on BF Heroes.. there's definitely some fixing man. As soon as that hitreg patch hit the BF Heroes beta? they nerfed shotguns in a few days cause they were too easy to get kills with. icon_razz.gif

Raise

Raise
  • Members
  • 202 posts
  • xfire:Outragoushaloms
  • Interests:Games, cars, sports
  • Steam ID:Ravernous
  • Xbox / GFWL:TehRaise
  • PSN:hell no
  • Wii:dont have one
QUOTE (Panic92 @ Nov 8 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strike a Karkand 2142?

That enough made me want to reinstall, but alas my discs are nowhere to be found, if I do find them I'll definitely give it a try

Fuck bitches, acquire currency, be badass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users